Season ticket refunds (1 Viewer)

speedie87

Does anyone know how the process of getting the refunds will actually work?

I see they are asking for people to email in and give a contact number and they will ring everyone. Will you then have to give bank details or card details over the phone to someone??

SBAndy

It’s possible, though you could ask them to confirm your supporter/ST number? Or request a cheque be issued to the address on file?

Can’t imagine there will be too many that take it up. Appreciate not everyone’s circumstances are the same but shouldn’t prove too much of an admin headache for them.

speedie87

It’s possible, though you could ask them to confirm your supporter/ST number? Or request a cheque be issued to the address on file?

Can’t imagine there will be too many that take it up. Appreciate not everyone’s circumstances are the same but shouldn’t prove too much of an admin headache for them.

I bought 5 season tickets for family and 2 want money back. Just wasn’t to keen on giving card details over phone when someone rings me.
Plus wasn’t sure if will need to be same card that purchase was made with, as if not they could contact themselves and cut me out!

Greggs

Will they discount next seasons season ticket if we don't opt for refund? I read something about the Bury game 1/23rds off, but nothing concrete on reduction of anything else

no_loyalty

Will they discount next seasons season ticket if we don't opt for refund? I read something about the Bury game 1/23rds off, but nothing concrete on reduction of anything else

No mention of it, but would make more sense to do that.

skybluepm2

pretty sure that I read if you don’t email the club clearly stipulating that you’d like a refund for this season by a certain date, then it’s assumed that you don’t want one. No mention of any refund being eligible for a transfer to next season’s ticket, just the Bury game.

skybluepm2

What’s the general consensus on here? I’m not going to bother but I know a couple of people who are intending to ask for a refund.

Grendel

The website shows clearly how to get a refund. Has to be by August 5 - it’s odd why you wouldn’t claim it - I have

rob9872

If it was 100% in the MR pot I'd be more inclined to leave it but why on earth would you leave money with a hedge fund who have just had a 6m cash injection for promotion? I imagine most if us could do with it more than them. I'll be claiming it without feeling any guilt. Most saying they'd leave it probably aren't season ticket holders to start with.

I hope MMJ claims back too as it could be a few k back in the coffers to add more freebies for people next season.

Nick

Administrator
If it was 100% in the MR pot I'd be more inclined to leave it but why on earth would you leave money with a hedge fund who have just had a 6m cash injection for promotion? I imagine most if us could do with it more than them. I'll be claiming it without feeling any guilt. Most saying they'd leave it probably aren't season ticket holders to start with.

I hope MMJ claims back too as it could be a few k back in the coffers to add more freebies for people next season.
To be fair it isn't going to be paid back by sisu to fans is it?

nunchuckas

Has anyone seen them say anything re. remaining match package games? Or do any remaining games roll over anyway?

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

The four of us are ST holders and aren’t asking for a refund. Your tone is slightly patronising. I’m not going to ask for it back because currently I have luckily been unaffected financially by coronavirus and my football club has, and if I can help support them through that than I will, especially given the level of entertainment we had this past season, we all thought we had value for money without a refund. That’s not to say everyone has to, it’s a personal decision for everyone. The argument it’s going straight to a hedge fund is odd, it’s a revenue stream for the football club, so it’s taking money out the football club whichever way you look at it. SISU arent really relevant. Again, completely understand those requesting it, but to suggest those saying they will arent ST holders is nonsense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grendel

To be fair it isn't going to be paid back by sisu to fans is it?

I would have expected the money to be reduced towards next seasons ticket. It’s an odd policy to reduce next season for the bury game and not really make claiming back especially transparent

GaryJones

I've always said I wouldn't claim it back but might and then just stick it in the season ticket fund. The club will still get the cash anyway and at least someone will get to watch some football out of it.
Very good idea!

rob9872

I've always said I wouldn't claim it back but might and then just stick it in the season ticket fund. The club will still get the cash anyway and at least someone will get to watch some football out of it.
For anyone wavering the club will actually do better out of this way with F&B, programmes, parking, not to mention getting back into regularly attending again for some or future generations that might come along with them. Great shout LG.

rob9872

The four of us are ST holders and aren’t asking for a refund. Your tone is slightly patronising. I’m not going to ask for it back because currently I have luckily been unaffected financially by coronavirus and my football club has, and if I can help support them through that than I will, especially given the level of entertainment we had this past season, we all thought we had value for money without a refund. That’s not to say everyone has to, it’s a personal decision for everyone. The argument it’s going straight to a hedge fund is odd, it’s a revenue stream for the football club, so it’s taking money out the football club whichever way you look at it. SISU arent really relevant. Again, completely understand those requesting it, but to suggest those saying they will arent ST holders is nonsense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apologies if that's how it came across, completely unintentional, so let me explain my thought process :

I'm also unaffected by Covid, but I feel I supported my club by committing to a season ticket in unknown times at St Andrews.

Value for money - Of course it was great to watch most of the time (although I saw plenty of nil nils too, some away or in cup granted) but I feel robbed of the opportunity to see us actually achieve promotion on the pitch, to celebrate with the players and fellow fans and particularly the planned promotion party in Blackpool. None of that is the club's fault, but detracts imo from perceived value and most of the staff prior to a cash boost by promotion furloughed.

It's also been clear for a few seasons now that SISU will let the football side break even and prop up finances or cream off the top accordingly. This coming season there could be further payments for Bayliss, Maddison, Wilson or McCallum (or anyone sold in Jan) in addition to increased revenue from league status, sponsorships, tv and hopefully many more through the turnstiles. Therefore (I believe) that whether you request it or not, whatever that required figure to operate is, the number won't move, so it's coming directly from their funds not the club.

The only way I'd leave it in is if we were told this seasons budget is x, but if you all leave your money then it's y and that we're directly adding to his war chest.

skybluesam66

Apologies if that's how it came across, completely unintentional, so let me explain my thought process :

I'm also unaffected by Covid, but I feel I supported my club by committing to a season ticket in unknown times at St Andrews.

Value for money - Of course it was great to watch most of the time (although I saw plenty of nil nils too, some away or in cup granted) but I feel robbed of the opportunity to see us actually achieve promotion on the pitch, to celebrate with the players and fellow fans and particularly the planned promotion party in Blackpool. None of that is the club's fault, but detracts imo from perceived value and most of the staff prior to a cash boost by promotion furloughed.

It's also been clear for a few seasons now that SISU will let the football side break even and prop up finances or cream off the top accordingly. This coming season there could be further payments for Bayliss, Maddison, Wilson or McCallum (or anyone sold in Jan) in addition to increased revenue from league status, sponsorships, tv and hopefully many more through the turnstiles. Therefore (I believe) that whether you request it or not, whatever that required figure to operate is, the number won't move, so it's coming directly from their funds not the club.

The only way I'd leave it in is if we were told this seasons budget is x, but if you all leave your money then it's y and that we're directly adding to his war chest.
At the end of the day it is added to the war chest
There will be more money in the pot if it is left

It is entirely your free will to reclaim it, but just do it without the justification

Mcbean

It did seem a strange way of doing it but accounting wise I guess they have to put aside enough to cover everyone and the Bury game which I assume will be funded by the efl - it is a shame that it couldn’t just be a credit on our account for next season which would help with the cash flow

MalcSB

I’m not going to ask for a refund and can’t wait till I can get my season ticket for our return to the Chamionship - whenever and wherever that may be.

rob9872

At the end of the day it is added to the war chest
There will be more money in the pot if it is left

It is entirely your free will to reclaim it, but just do it without the justification

I will. However, not only was I not replying to you but I disagree.

Also, it's a forum and I'll post with or without justification and it has fk all to do with anyone including precious little you.

Bumberclart

Would have been nice if the club had offered you a chance for your refund to go into the season ticket fund for those that can't afford it. Thje money stays in the club, and crowds get bigger. Its win win.

Nick

Administrator
Would have been nice if the club had offered you a chance for your refund to go into the season ticket fund for those that can't afford it. Thje money stays in the club, and crowds get bigger. Its win win.

I am not too sure logistically how that would work sadly. It would be much easier but it's easy enough just to request it, get the refund and then chuck it into the fund.

The club did match the fund last season too.

chiefdave

Nice and easy for match packages, you can carry them over to next season.
Coventry City can confirm that Match Packages from the 2019/20 season will be carried over to the 2020/21 season.

ccfc92

What’s the general consensus on here? I’m not going to bother but I know a couple of people who are intending to ask for a refund.

I can fully understand if people are struggling financially. If they had several ST's that could be a couple of hundered quid back to a family. I don't agree with people jumping in on Twitter with abuse.

Personally, I would rather the club keep the money and put it towards our promotion next season!

Nick

Administrator
I can fully understand if people are struggling financially. If they had several ST's that could be a couple of hundered quid back to a family. I don't agree with people jumping in on Twitter with abuse.

Personally, I would rather the club keep the money and put it towards our promotion next season!

Yeah it could work out a couple of weeks shopping so I can't see the issue if people want to get it back.

skybluepm2

Completely agree mate. Each to their own. Everyone’s circumstances are different and should never be judged.

Personally, I know it’s not much in the grand scheme of things but if it can help the club I love to continue operating when our budget is severely hindered - irrespective of where we are playing - then that’s good enough for me. As Rob mentioned above, it would be good to know exactly where it was going i.e transfer kitty or academy etc but I trust Boddy enough to know that it’ll be reinvested somewhere.

If I did claim it back it would probably only go straight back to them anyway. At least I’d have a new shirt or something to show for it:p

Users who are viewing this thread