Season ticket prices 17/18 season (1 Viewer)

steve82

Just been looking at a few local prices ,
£9 Bedworth per game
£14 nuneaton per game
£16 nuneaton if you want a seat ,
Me and my lad £345 at cov block 21.
Yeah it's been a terrible season but we won't sell many more if they lowered the prices to £249 ..
I'll be getting ours this weekend ..

And there it is in a nut shell, price wise it's reasonable. However yes the pr was all wrong as many have said and I agree, £189, £250 or buy one get one free people would still find a way to get momentum up not getting a ticket next year.
Relations have well and truly broken down between fans and the club. No price would of smoothed things over for a season.
Many have made there position clear over the last few months, so a Bradford ticket model would be doomed to failure still

Great_Expectations

I'd doubt st pricing goes further up than him.

Based on the fact ST sales and the revenue generated will impact SISU's strategy for the club (I use the word 'strategy' loosely), especially when it comes to finances, I would say he has at the very least discussed figures with JS or another SISU higher up.

stupot07

Well hopefully sisu and thr club will see sense and further reduce the wage bill (beyond the planned reduction) and downgrade the academy so that they can afford to reduce the ST prices for us.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

wingy

They should have done a deal to partner up with Cov Rugby.
Combined £400,£250 to City and the rest to CRF.
They should certainly approach the parent bodies to coordinate fixtures regardless.
I think I know where I'm headed.

konjickid

Ridiculous decision which only goes to show how inept at running a business the owners are. If accountants manage a business, they will make decisions like accountants. The club needs someone with commercial nous at the helm. There are so many short term wins the club could be going for with small good will gestures, especially on the back of Wembley. This is embarrassing.

steve82

Ridiculous decision which only goes to show how inept at running a business the owners are. If accountants manage a business, they will make decisions like accountants. The club needs someone with commercial nous at the helm. There are so many short term wins the club could be going for with small good will gestures, especially on the back of Wembley. This is embarrassing.

What evidence is there that a "fair" or "reduced" price structure would actually be financially better for ccfc.
For the last few months fans have vocally stated they will not renew, so how is a revised price season ticket actually going to improve the income.
They'd take less income from season ticket sales in my opinion so the price stays the same knowing the hardcore will keep things afloat most likely with player sales and the cup money.

konjickid

What evidence is there that a "fair" or "reduced" price structure would actually be financially better for ccfc.
For the last few months fans have vocally stated they will not renew, so how is a revised price season ticket actually going to improve the income.
They'd take less income from season ticket sales in my opinion so the price stays the same knowing the hardcore will keep things afloat most likely with player sales and the cup money.
You're not wrong. Not at all. But there's two ways of looking at it 1/ Reduce prices and potentially attract the same if not more support, done alongside a barrage of well thought out community focused marketing 2/ Freeze prices, balance the books and alienate many. You are looking at it like an accountant, which is fair enough, but football is more than just a business and our owners just can't see that.

steve82

You're not wrong. Not at all. But there's two ways of looking at it 1/ Reduce prices and potentially attract the same if not more support, done alongside a barrage of well thought out community focused marketing 2/ Freeze prices, balance the books and alienate many. You are looking at it like an accountant, which is fair enough, but football is more than just a business and our owners just can't see that.

I agree with what your saying but it would only work money wise if we had new owners giving the offer, even then I'd be dubious to actually how many would realistically take up the offer.
Many like to make noise (I'm not highlighting anyone just talking generally) but if it was to all map out nicely there would still be reasons why people won't purchase.
Some people like to be like sheep and follow the masses.

Skybluefaz

You'd hope so but look at the prices for legends day and the meagre crowd it attracted, it's a tough nut to crack and really success on the pitch is the only thing that will bring people back.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Controversial as this may be, I don't get the comparison to Bradford.

Whether Bradford do their tickets for £150 or more, they have a fan base. Always have, always will.

Let's say, had we reduced ours to £150, how many who aren't already ST's or how many who'd already decided not to go next season would buy? I don't think it'll make a difference imo!

I don't think charging the same as before, or in some case more with the changing to a two-zone system is a wise move. I agree it will alienate more fans who were either 50/50 on next season, or even some who were set on going!

I am genuinely worried about our attendance figures next season more than I was before this was announced!

Maybe the Butts will be a suitable home for us at this rate :(
Bradford were averaging 8k about 10-12 years ago when they were on their down ward spiral.

It's taken years of this pricing strategy from bradford as well as some success on the pitch to get there crowds back. It's not as simple as bradford have the fanbase to do it and we don't.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

Gave a friend a lift 2 weeks ago (Wolves fan ) renewed his ticket on early bird theirs finished on April 3rd cost him £195 (over 65) my block has now gone up to £276 his is for Championship mine would be for 2nd division . Was not renewing before these prices come out sure as hell I wont be now.

Astute

It's not about price then if people would pay double to watch the same 11.

I agree, away is more of an occasion but it just shows price isn't the factor.
You make it sound like our prices are half of what other clubs charge. You go to an away ground once a season. You pay for one ticket. But how much would you pay for the same single ticket for a home game at the Ricoh?

STH's are the bread and butter for our football club. They do pay less but they pay for every game if they go or not.

To me it is all about respect. They have none for their customers. They have just taken us lower than the vast majority have known. So you would expect them to offer a sweetener. But no. It is Fisher so all he offers is another kick in the balls. I just hope that one day he realises that we are customers and have the choice so tries to connect with us.

Astute

Just been looking at a few local prices ,
£9 Bedworth per game
£14 nuneaton per game
£16 nuneaton if you want a seat ,
Me and my lad £345 at cov block 21.
Yeah it's been a terrible season but we won't sell many more if they lowered the prices to £249 ..
I'll be getting ours this weekend ..
How much are they for season tickets though?

Astute

Bradford were averaging 8k about 10-12 years ago when they were on their down ward spiral.

It's taken years of this pricing strategy from bradford as well as some success on the pitch to get there crowds back. It's not as simple as bradford have the fanbase to do it and we don't.
When SISU took over 9 years ago we were averaging over 20k. We do have the fan base. But all we get is reasons to make you think twice on renewing each season.

Chipfat

These owners are done, no matter which way they turn they are not wanted, supported or liked within the city. They know this so are doing exactly what they want without consideration or compassion for any fan. Asking fans to pay the same to watch a lower level standard after what they have had to suffer is a poor decision and shows that they are so far detached from reality of the club's situation.

Interesting summer a head I feel , decent players will go, more youth players will be pushed up and the club will be again be in a mess. Robin's may need more convincing to stay as he will have interest from more stable clubs and will have to deal with restrictions like before due to lack of ST sales. We have all heard TF spin coming up to summer before and no doubt we will be reminded again just hope this time that those who pay get rewarded with a better league campaign and another chance for a Wembley day out.

Astute

Couldn't sleep. Got a bit bored so I had a look at average attendances in Division 4. Reality has just hit home. Top 8 budget? If all teams use the budget they can it will mean we have a lower budget than Grimsby Town. They are 6th in the table averaging 5,244.

League Two - Attendance numbers | Transfermarkt

Then when you consider that the top 4 teams have the best 4 attendances.....and at least 3 of them will go up he has planned for our attendances to be low next season or we won't be using all the budget we can.

If you take just 3 out of the list...at least 3 of the top 4 attended sides will be getting promoted....the 8th best attended side remaining are only averaging 3,797. Not much more than we were getting in Northampton. So maybe when he said top 8 budget he already knew what prices were going to be charged for season tickets. And that most of us wouldn't be happy.

4,000 in the Ricoh? It is bad enough with 10,000. Suddenly moving to the Butts with extra standing space sounds like a good idea. How depressing.

clint van damme

Well hopefully sisu and thr club will see sense and further reduce the wage bill (beyond the planned reduction) and downgrade the academy so that they can afford to reduce the ST prices for us.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

this move won't enable a greater playing budget it will reduce it.
A small conciliatory reduction and a couple of offers thrown in may have helped stem the flow of people not renewing.

I know some are advocating Bradford like price cuts but I think most people just wanted the owners to give a little something back to the support.

CovFan

First strike by Sisu/ Fisher to blame the loyal season ticket holders who don't renew. So when Robins promised budget is cut its all you fans at fault for not supporting your club.
They've already got the Coventry Observer banging this drum for them.

Astute

I don't know what price they buy our tops in at. But they could have done something like a free top with every adult ticket or reduced price for reduced price tickets, or even depending how much you spend on season tickets if you get them at early bird prices. The feedback would have been a lot better, we would have felt more valued, they would have sold a lot more tickets and we would have the best dressed supporters ;)

zuni

cunning plan, fisher goes end of season...new guy comes in and says"wow" these prices are way to high and reduces...instant hit with the fans and rebuilding of our love begins........where me tinfoil hat

rupert_bear

There was always going to be a significant drop in ST sales next season due to the disalosioned factor, performance, relegation, dispondancy, affordability, deaths etc. What Tim Fisher doesn't seem to get is the idea is to attract NEW season ticket holders always tougher than selling to long time ST holders, I doubt if there will be any newbies next season at all. We don't know what we would paying in advance to see, a lot of our current squad will be off elsewhere and have to be replaced but who with, and when, normally for us it's the week before the season starts.

Ironically though this could see a rise in match day income because I believe a lot of lapsed ST holders will go on a match by match basis paying £20+ per game instead of £13, I expect our home crowd to be similar to this season of around 7000 especially if we are doing okay league wise plus away fans.

Is Fisher thinking the same I wonder.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread