Season ticket prices 17/18 season (2 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
I can fully understand if people are fed up of rubbish football. It's the moral hero reasons people gone to justify that are laughable.

saltaire bantam

Personally, I don't see the point of comparing other clubs prices as they have different business models and maybe want different experiences for fans and numbers to cheer on the team etc

I think there is a point comparing with Bradford, we have a similar hardcore & latent support to Coventry and also do not own our stadium but we'll soon have trouble finding seats for new ST holders. It shows that Coventry can do what Bradford do, "can't do" is nonsense, we shipped 15000 ST's going down into L2, comparisons with some clubs are pointless but Coventry City have the only two things necessary to do the same, enough fans and a stadium large enough. Your ST prices are incredibly unimaginative and there is no need for them to be so.

BTW Bradford's £149 deal finished the begining of April, they are now a whopping £169 till the 16th, then £189 till the end of April. £299 after. This scheme was dropped on the fans very early and with little warning, but we've sold 17500 so far and had crowd over 19000 today.

Nick

Administrator
I think there is a point comparing with Bradford, we have a similar hardcore & latent support to Coventry and also do not own our stadium but we'll soon have trouble finding seats for new ST holders. It shows that Coventry can do what Bradford do, "can't do" is nonsense, we shipped 15000 ST's going down into L2, comparisons with some clubs are pointless but Coventry City have the only two things necessary to do the same, enough fans and a stadium large enough. Your ST prices are incredibly unimaginative and there is no need for them to be so.

BTW Bradford's £149 deal finished the begining of April, they are now a whopping £169 till the 16th, then £189 till the end of April. £299 after. This scheme was dropped on the fans very early and with little warning, but we've sold 17500 so far and had crowd over 19000 today.
We wouldn't sell anywhere near.

saltaire bantam

We wouldn't sell anywhere near.

You might though. I think when we went down to L2 our crowds had dropped to about 7.5k. After 6/7 seasons of struggle our 3rd relegation coincided with the cheap deal, they were not sold on the back of a promotion or a match at Wembley, yet 15000 people bought them, a good % of whom hadn't attended for years.

saltaire bantam

Well the evidence we suggest otherwise. Season ticket prices were heavily discounted last season and there was little increase in uptake. The result was less ticketing revenue.
You might be right.

But after reading other thread a lot of the same things being said now on here are startlingly similar to what was said on Bradford boards in 2007, "Can't get any lower", "Back to back promotions" etc, Enthusiasm returns as you think Coventry might actually go straight up, because you are Coventry City, that's what sold our tickets, the chairman promising back to back promotions and cheap deals.

The reality was we got even worse and spent the next 5 years finishing ever lower, nearly slipping out of the league............L2 is tough.

Liquid Gold

You might be right.

But after reading other thread a lot of the same things being said now on here are startlingly similar to what was said on Bradford boards in 2007, "Can't get any lower", "Back to back promotions" etc, Enthusiasm returns as you think Coventry might actually go straight up, because you are Coventry City, that's what sold our tickets, the chairman promising back to back promotions and cheap deals.

The reality was we got even worse and spent the next 5 years finishing ever lower, nearly slipping out of the league............L2 is tough.
Loads of our fans are saying they won't get one until sisu leave so the uptake wouldn't cover the loss in revenue. I'd love to have something like you do but the negative feelings towards owners here means it wouldn't work unfortunately.

Skyblueloyal

Well I am not going to renew mine but will attend the odd game at Ricoh, I will doing most away games though. I just can't like most fans justify spending another £46 pound on top of the £47 they put on the previous season anymore.

clint van damme

Well I am not going to renew mine but will attend the odd game at Ricoh, I will doing most away games though. I just can't like most fans justify spending another £46 pound on top of the £47 they put on the previous season anymore.

Sounds like there's going to be big demand for away tickets next year and I'd imagine allocations will be smaller.

torchomatic

Sounds like there's going to be big demand for away tickets next year and I'd imagine allocations will be smaller.

Yep with STH getting their hands on them first, so probably even fewer than the travelling supporter is used to.

Skyblueloyal

We will still take a few away the games I will go to will be to complete my 92 as it stands I have 6 new grounds and then will only leave 3 to do

torchomatic

intend to do more away games than usual next season. Plenty of grounds I've never been to.

Mansfield is top of our list and Cheltenham if they survive. Me and my lad have gone there on occasion if City didn't have a game. Exeter is a nice ground too, went there years ago to see them when I was holidaying down there.

clint van damme

Mansfield is top of our list and Cheltenham if they survive. Me and my lad have gone there on occasion if City didn't have a game. Exeter is a nice ground too, went there years ago to see them when I was holidaying down there.

those 3 will be on my list as well.

steve82

Carlisle is 4 roads from my house bizarrely....oh and 225 miles, I fancy there, Chesterfield again, Crewe is a favourite of mine and the lads. Accrington is must. Wycombe and Stevenage ain't a million miles away. Blackpool hopefully in August or September, and Grimsby too.

Users who are viewing this thread