Match Thread Scunthorpe United vs. Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 5th Jan (3 Viewers)

cc84cov

Until Chaplin is played up top in the box where we were told where he should play we won’t kniw if he will cut it or not he’s not been used properly

Esoterica

Not much on the bench to change this up in the areas we need to. I'd still be tempted to bring Davies on and put Hyam to defensive midfield at HT. Chaplin out to the left and JCH up with Hiwula after 60.

Sky Blues Xl: Lee Burge (GK), Dujon Sterling, Jordan Willis, Dom Hyam, Brandon Mason, Michael Doyle (C), Tom Bayliss, Jordan Shipley, Luke Thomas, Jordy Hiwula, Conor Chaplin.

Subs: Corey Addai (GK), Jack Grimmer, Tom Davies, Sam McCallum, Zain Westbrooke, Reise Allassani, Jonson Clarke-Harris.

stevefloyd

We look very disjointed, they are pressing well and closing us down, we want too much time in the ball and when we have it we cant wait to give it back to them again with shocking passing.
Not happening for Chaplin and every flick pass he tries just isnt coming off

Paxman II

I think a few of you are a bit too critical. Not too bad from us. Plenty of danger coming forward and we will get chances. We do need to keep the ball on the ground though and improve our pass accuracy. They are more hopeful when they come forward and I feel we are not getting to grips with the ping pong balls in our box. Sharpen up there and we will nulify their threat. Doyle not on the pace but will improve second half. Have not seen much of Mason at all.

Nick

Administrator
Hiwula is a different player in games like this, he needs to be put through on goal rather than running away from goal.

Legia Sky Blue

Good tracking back from Doyle there though.

Surely not. It's all Doyle's fault that we're not playing well!!

They have been very physical, right from the off with the ref letting them get away with it. They have also pressed us high up the pitch and neither Chaplin or Hiwula have held the ball up front, meaning they have consistently came back at us. Luckily their end product has been poor, because we have also looked defensively ropey, with Willis having an uncharacteristically shaky half, constantly getting caught on the wrong side and out muscled.

Unless things change quickly I think JCH will be on sooner rather than later, and hopefully turn the game around for us.

covcity4life

Difference is we know hiwula ca do something with ball

Chaplin fills you with no confidence. He's slow lightweight and not much coming off

BUT I am not hating. I think he can be a match winner for us. When he got ball on outside if box I was shouting shoot.

He is capable. We just need to play him differently imo

Agree with 1 of above posters too btw. It's not been a horrendous half. Only last 15 mins they took over. This game is in balance.

1 nil Chaplin?...

Nick

Administrator
Luke Thomas has been anonymous to be fair, 2 men on him every time. they have done their homework.

Users who are viewing this thread