Match Thread Scunthorpe United vs. Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 5th Jan (1 Viewer)

CCFC_Charlie

These are utter shite and they’ve done the double over us. Our record against the bottom feeders over the last season and a half is a joke.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I don't care if we get beaten by a better team, but I hate losing when we just look so nonchalant.

Too many weak performances again today.

Bayliss
Shipley
Doyle
Sterling
Mason
Hyam
Thomas

All below par. That's probably not everyone either.

Liquid Gold

I don't care if we get beaten by a better team, but I hate losing when we just look so nonchalant.

Bayliss
Shipley
Doyle
Sterling
Mason
Hyam
Thomas

Entire midfield in that list, our midfield bossed the game last week and there was one change from that. We have to accept it's time to move on from Doyle.

Otis

Entire midfield in that list, our midfield bossed the game last week and there was one change from that. We have to accept it's time to move on from Doyle.
Yep. Seems to be the case.

One year on, one year older, one league higher.

A bridge too far perhaps.

Paxman II

tbf we were at least as good as them and with the second half we should have had more to show for it. Slightly under-performing today in many areas but we deserved something and got nothing.
Kelly would have been the difference had he been fit. I think today spells the end for Doyle sadly. The ball just didn't drop kindly today for us either if we are honest.

Nick

Administrator
tbf we were at least as good as them and with the second half we should have had more to show for it. Slightly under-performing today in many areas but we deserved something and got nothing.
Kelly would have been the difference had he been fit. I think today spells the end for Doyle sadly. The ball just didn't drop kindly today for us either if we are honest.

The thing is though, they were taking shots and troubling us way earlier. We waited to be 2-0 down before we made changes to try and get back into it.

Esoterica

Dunno what he was thinking starting Doyle while retaining Hiwula and Chaplin as the strikers. He undermines the whole teams ability to attack by dragging all our attacking players deep. Not a coincidence that all our attacking players simultaneously had ineffectual games. Gave ourselves 20 minutes to try and get something out of the game when he went off. That was torture to watch.

runner

How long is Kelly out for ... sorry to repeat what might be in this thread ... but didn't wish to trawl all the pages ?

Evo1883

Horrendous ref , never coming to this shit pit again , been 5 times never seen us win

stevefloyd

Bayliss
Shipley
Doyle
Sterling
Mason
Hyam
Thomas

You missed Hiwula and Chaplin

Nick

Administrator
Dunno what he was thinking starting Doyle while retaining Hiwula and Chaplin as the strikers. He undermines the whole teams ability to attack by dragging all our attacking players deep. Gave ourselves 20 minutes to try and get something out of the game when he went off. Not a coincidence that all our attacking players simultaneously had ineffectual games. That was torture to watch.

It's that bad that people predict it happening before the game starts as soon as they see the lineup but he doesn't seem to realise.

There's obviously something going on with Ogogo which only leaves Doyle or Westbrooke to go in there. The other option is put Shipley in there and somebody else on the left.

Doyle didnt give us any fight or bite, we still got bullied all over the pitch so I dont think we would have lost anything chucking Westbrooke there.

stevefloyd

Desperately need a centre mid player who can hold a team together. I predicted we would lose as soon as Doyle was starting thats not being negative its being realistic, he done brilliant for us last season but sadly his ship has sailed.
Cannot understand why Mason has been taken off yet again unless it was for his absolute inability to cross a ball today

Users who are viewing this thread