Transfer Rumour Scott Twine (3 Viewers)

Matt smith

Pessimistic I’m saying £20m (£15m Vik £5m Gus) and we get £8m of that. Brighton get £3M and the rest on Doug’s hairspray (running costs).
@shmmeee don’t think we’ll sell Gus for 5 million

He’s worth keeping and letting go for free in that case, 10 I’d disagree

shmmeee

@shmmeee don’t think we’ll sell Gus for 5 million

He’s worth keeping and letting go for free in that case, 10 I’d disagree

Im being pessimistic. That’s the absolute lowest I can see us getting. We’ve had bids just under that for Gus before. I’d agree at that price if he will stay its worth keeping him. Big if tho.

Senior Vick from Alicante

We have just received 20 million quid over three years for losing in the play off final. Bust a gut to get Hamer signed on a 20k a week contract over 3 years, not worried about losing VG as much. With a fit O'Hare and Palmer we have 2 creative players that create the chances so a finisher in the box would be a different type of player to Vic potentially, a younger Godden for instance. The money needs spending at the back rather than relying on loans, think Fadz is possibly in his last season coming around and we desperately need 2 proper wing backs rather than full backs. Robins has always got it right so far its whether the new recruitment team are up to it now. The result aside at the weekend its great to be a City fan at the moment.

TomRad85

Surely whether it's worth keeping Hamer is dependent on who you have lined up to replace, and expand the squad with, dependent on what fees are received?
yeh tbf you're spot on, if the management think they have an ideal replacement lined up but need the Hamer money to make it happen then obviously they'll want to move him on.

Grendel

We have just received 20 million quid over three years for losing in the play off final. Bust a gut to get Hamer signed on a 20k a week contract over 3 years, not worried about losing VG as much. With a fit O'Hare and Palmer we have 2 creative players that create the chances so a finisher in the box would be a different type of player to Vic potentially, a younger Godden for instance. The money needs spending at the back rather than relying on loans, think Fadz is possibly in his last season coming around and we desperately need 2 proper wing backs rather than full backs. Robins has always got it right so far its whether the new recruitment team are up to it now. The result aside at the weekend its great to be a City fan at the moment.

We’ve not received anything other than match receipts for the play offs

PVA

Certain Robins will have his targets, I like McNally but I doubt he will move from a prem club to a championship one.

He’s about 6th in the pecking order at Burnley and they’ll obviously strengthen the squad so he’ll probably slip further down the line.

Senior Vick from Alicante

We’ve not received anything other than match receipts for the play offs

Thought we got Premier League solidarity payments of £4.5m a year for next 3 years plus £6.9 across the 3 years from the EFL? Thats what has been reported from a football finance blogger via Twitter, blokes called @Swissramble. seems legit.

GIMOC

Thought we got Premier League solidarity payments of £4.5m a year for next 3 years plus £6.9 across the 3 years from the EFL? Thats what has been reported from a football finance blogger via Twitter, blokes called @Swissramble. seems legit.
Those numbers are what all teams get in the league regardless. the only extra income is gate receipts from Saturday which is around the 2-3 mill mark. better than nothing that should be reinvested in the team

Matt smith

Those numbers are what all teams get in the league regardless. the only extra income is gate receipts from Saturday which is around the 2-3 mill mark. better than nothing that should be reinvested in the team
Yeah I reckon we’ll have made a couple million from the play offs, that’s the McNally fee say

CCFCSteve

he won’t play though and surely we can beat match his wages. Seems to like it here and well respected. Certain starter also in a challenging championship side

Agree. I’m not sure he’s quite good enough on the ball yet for Burnley’s style of play in the Prem. Whether they think he can develop that after another seasons loan, who knows. I’d 100% have him back here though loan or perm

Final prices for Vik and Hamer will be dictated by number of bidding clubs. Hopefully they’ll be a bit of a bidding war for both, assuming they don’t sign new contracts (which I just can’t see unfortunately)

SBAndy

That’s the confusion. Everyone in the league gets the ‘PL solidarity payments’. It’s only used in the example to show the real-terms difference between winning and losing.

Grendel

Depends on McNally wages really - and if any promotion clauses in his contract

its a buzzard

Pessimistic I’m saying £20m (£15m Vik £5m Gus) and we get £8m of that. Brighton get £3M and the rest on Doug’s hairspray (running costs).
I gave you a like for the hairspray comment - laughed out loud. I can't believe Gus is only worth a third of Vik, though.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

SBAndy

There’s no evidence of that and it doesn’t really seem to be a standard practice.

I recall Hoffman discussed putting in place something similar, but your standard practice in a corporate sense would be essentially some form of profit-sharing arrangement. Can’t really do that with football clubs, mind.

Skybluedownunder

True but Burnley don’t need the money

Don’t think they’d just be leaving money on the table given where their finances were the other year and with a new owner, they would be wanting to profit off a good player given the chance. He played very well for us while here and therefore we must pay a price for that. Plus they will be thinking we are cashed up if we sell Gyokeres and they are probably dirty about not getting him or O’Hare

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blunted

20 million no way 2 million if we are lucky

mark82

We receive 20m over 3 years for being in the Championship. Don't think it's anything to do with the playoff final.

Users who are viewing this thread