SCG To Meet Chris Anderson (4 Viewers)

ashbyjan

Next Tuesday the SCG is meeting with next Chief Exec Chris Anderson - if anyone has any questions for him put them on here and I will try and get as many asked and answered as time allows.

chiefdave

He might not have had chance to look at this yet but can you ask him about ticketing. Always seems to be people on here reporting problems and huge queues if more than one person wants to buy a ticket.

Skyblueweeman

When does he think we'll hear about this progressive stadium news he was on about earlier?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bugsy

Can u tell him I said hello..PUSB

Joking aside Can he help get tony more funds for January to help with the promotion push and help Venus to tie Armstrong down for the season thank you please .... PUSB

speedie87

Ask him about setting up a fan based volunteer scheme to aid the club

im sure there are lots of fans with time on their hands who would help do things for and on behalf of the club and get to mix with like minded people in the process.

might be anything from staffing the shop/ selling tickets / visiting major employers in the city to sell tickets / diy work at the training ground / IT support / scouting / etc etc

Skyblueweeman

im sure there are lots of fans with time on their hands who would help do things for and on behalf of the club and get to mix with like minded people in the process.

might be anything from staffing the shop/ selling tickets / visiting major employers in the city to sell tickets / diy work at the training ground / IT support / scouting / etc etc

Great point. Didn't we volunteer Nick to be the new IT manager?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shmmeee

1) Several chairmen/senior figures have come in stating that the club needs to be put on a solid financial footing. What do you think they've missed?

2) Do you accept that there's an element of luck and gamble in football and sometimes circumstances may mean you have to break from your plan? Do you consider risk/reward for both investment and cuts, or is your mission solely cost cutting?

3) Fans have proven notoriously hard to attract back. We have made some success this season, but are only just breaking even if I understand correctly. Is there more that can be done off the pitch, or do you think that it will require success to come first?

4) Do you think CCFC can learn anything from German clubs? Both in terms of fan representation, but also in rebalancing their business model towards corporate and local sponsors and away from the average fan?

5) What do you think of a subscription model for football? Would a multi-tiered monthly pricing model help to normalise cashflow and increase customer retention? It could range from subscription to SBP and a free shirt to tickets to all games, money off merchandise and special events for "super fans".

6) Will you be looking at bringing back a direct debit season ticket option?

ccfclinney

Be nice to ask him if he's looking to gain any extra inverstors on board with his links to America and Germany ?

Also about the volunteers about scouting etc I sent an email to both the club and to Carl McNally. I manage a Saturday adult team and I explained that in the area west brom are going into schools and picking out which youngsters they wanted without any competition. I also offered to help with Sunday scouting youngsters and getting them trials with us if I could help in anyway across Leicestershire free of charge and didn't get any reply which was massively disappointing I thought. Could of told me no instead of not replying

Nick

Administrator
1) Several chairmen/senior figures have come in stating that the club needs to be put on a solid financial footing. What do you think they've missed?

2) Do you accept that there's an element of luck and gamble in football and sometimes circumstances may mean you have to break from your plan? Do you consider risk/reward for both investment and cuts, or is your mission solely cost cutting?

3) Fans have proven notoriously hard to attract back. We have made some success this season, but are only just breaking even if I understand correctly. Is there more that can be done off the pitch, or do you think that it will require success to come first?

4) Do you think CCFC can learn anything from German clubs? Both in terms of fan representation, but also in rebalancing their business model towards corporate and local sponsors and away from the average fan?

5) What do you think of a subscription model for football? Would a multi-tiered monthly pricing model help to normalise cashflow and increase customer retention? It could range from subscription to SBP and a free shirt to tickets to all games, money off merchandise and special events for "super fans".

6) Will you be looking at bringing back a direct debit season ticket option?
Like the subscription!

Steve.B50

Very good point and and we have suggested this in the past. I for one will try and raise the subject again.

shy_tall_knight

Ask him how close is Tim to securing the land and the funds to build a new stadium ? He'll dodge that question no doubt but just make it clear to him that SISU have no credibility especially when it comes to stadiums and the less Fisher says the better.

italiahorse

- Did the application get into Rugby Council in time to be included in their long term local plan ?
- What are the plans for extending the current deal at the Ricoh ? Are there any plans to extend the deal up to 10 years as required by the FL.
- What plans are there to improve the ticketing system. What stops us using the Wasps ticketing system starting next season?
- Are there any barriers to personalising the Ricoh with CCFC memorabilia in some areas?

Nick

Administrator
Christ, he is going to feel a bit strange getting hammered with questions for Tim Fisher.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
few questions/confirmations

- please define "in Coventry"? Said in radio interview 11/11/2015 that the site they are looking at is in Coventry. If it is in Coventry why the misdirection with dealings relating to RBC?.
- Have they approached CCC regarding the site "in Coventry" and what was the reaction?
- Please name what income sources they currently have and the extra ones a new stadium might bring?
- Please name the extra costs a new stadium would bring?
- does the club currently pay just rent to Wasps/ACL or is it rent plus matchday expenses?
- does the new stadium proposal include significant areas for the other incomes (conferences/events/etc)? What stadium capacity is being proposed?
- Could they authorise the FL to confirm they (FL) have inspected the proposed site? - this would give supporters greater confidence in the plan
- is the FFP budget being spent in full or is it restricted by available cash flow? Does the FFP budget match the actual budget available?
- Are the owners or other parties providing any finance this season or does the club need to work within the income it generates itself?
- is there a time limit to confirming where the club will be playing next season?

Last edited:

Bertola

Ask him why Wasp's refuse to open all of the food concessions in the open stands.

It leads to people moaning about their match day experience, and therefore perhaps it can sway those in two minds of whether to go up or not

oldfiver

- please define "in Coventry"? Said in radio interview 11/11/2015 that the site they are looking at is in Coventry. If it is in Coventry why the misdirection with dealings relating to RBC?.
- Have they approached CCC regarding the site "in Coventry" and what was the reaction?
- Please name what income sources they currently have and the extra ones a new stadium might bring?
- does the club currently pay just rent to Wasps/ACL or is it rent plus matchday expenses?
- does the new stadium proposal include significant areas for the other incomes (conferences/events/etc)? What stadium capacity is being proposed?
- Could they authorise the FL to confirm they (FL) have inspected the proposed site? - this would give supporters greater confidence in the plan
- is the FFP budget being spent in full or is it restricted by available cash flow? Does the FFP budget match the actual budget available?
- Are the owners or other parties providing any finance this season or does the club need to work within the income it generates itself?
- is there a time limit to confirming where the club will be playing next season?

oldfiver

Do you really think he will answer some of these?

It is like telling your competitors your financial business plan

Also would you advise your clients to disclose this information to your landlord at a time when they want to discuss a potential rent renewal or to a vendor negotiating a land purchase?

This looks more like a fishing trip than a constructive enquiry. But I may be being uncharitable!!

Steve.B50

Some excellent questions to ask, just hope that they give us the opportunity to get these points over.

Steve.B50

try not to mess this one up jan, we have had enough of petty arguments with owners

We all know that our owners look at these forums and I would imagine they get a heads up on what is going to be asked.
I think you will find that both Chris and Tim Fisher will be at this SCG meeting on Tuesday.

torchomatic

He probably knows him as Timmy.

Christ, he is going to feel a bit strange getting hammered with questions for Tim Fisher.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Do you really think he will answer some of these?

It is like telling your competitors your financial business plan

Also would you advise your clients to disclose this information to your landlord at a time when they want to discuss a potential rent renewal or to a vendor negotiating a land purchase?

This looks more like a fishing trip than a constructive enquiry. But I may be being uncharitable!!

Frankly I wouldn't expect proper answers to any given my past experience of CCFC but I live in hope. You might also note that I asked for descriptions of, not amounts. That was quite deliberate,

I wouldn't expect figures however is there any reason why they couldn't provide description of major income sources to be gained in greater detail or for that matter the associated sorts of costs in the interests of transparency. I have a very good idea of what they are but not everyone does and such description might make people believe in the scheme more. We are three years in to this and we still don't know simple premises to the scheme

I haven't asked for the actual site but as Anderson insisted the site was "in Coventry" and progress being made is it unreasonable to ask him to define the term he used? We talking in City boundaries, just outside, or CV postcode?

Think we know from the FOI's the CCC contact answer

Is whether the club pay rent or rent plus matchday costs sensitive? Again not asked for the figures again just for clarity.

Are fans not entitled after 3 years to receive a clear description of what the owners envisage for the new stadium? How can the club owners progress the plan if they don't have one that the fans buy in to

Mr Anderson said in interview on CWR that the FL had inspected the proposed site - given the scepticism around the club maybe the FL could just confirm that inspection and the scheme get some support more widely?

Past and present directors make a big thing of CCFC being self sufficient, but is it? Again not asking for figures - if it became known say that SISU had sourced some extra finance would that be a positive or negative for them given whats happening on the pitch this season?

I would guess both sides are fully aware of any time limits. If I dig through the FL regulations I expect I could find one deadline. Would also assume landlord & tenant are fully aware of the arrangement they have. If I were landlord I would be asking for detailed financials and budgets during substantive rental discussions - but I am not and I am not asking for it here

As for the bit about the FFP budget - that's the one thing I think he will definitely refuse to answer or fudge. I understand that but if you don't ask you have next to no chance of knowing

Don't need your charity. The answers to the questions could allow fans to understand the whys for or against. We don't actually need the figures and I haven't asked for any. Sell the idea properly to the fans instead of blandly insisting we are building our own.

Doubt many questions from here/(SBT) will be addressed by the SCG in any case. It will be a well structured meeting I would think

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
Would the best way to go into it with a new person not be to go in with a clean slate?

rightumpty

Will you ask him if he wants to stay at the Ricoh or build a new stadium. Because I'm sure Wasps won't want temporary tenants for just a few years.
Also ask him his opinion of Tim and would he understand the supporters frustration with him as chairman.

Nick

Administrator
Will you ask him if he wants to stay at the Ricoh or build a new stadium. Because I'm sure Wasps won't want temporary tenants for just a few years.
Also ask him his opinion of Tim and would he understand the supporters frustration with him as chairman.

Yes, I expect he will say he thinks he is a wanker or crack a joke about his mum while he is at it!

Captain Dart

The paucity of information related to plans for the future of the club, the constant use of 'commercially confidential' as an excuse to hide details and the lack of any independent evidence that something is happening leaves me (and I'm sure many others) to think that the public statements are just hot air.

So, what will Chris Anderson do to give the fan base some confidence that these matters are being dealt with?

Nick

Administrator
Who is attending the SCG meeting? There were talks of new people being added and things being changed?

olderskyblue

To be honest, I thought it was just a slip from him when he said that, and that he probably hasn't got into the "Coventry Area" debate proper as yet.

Hope i'm wrong...

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Would the best way to go into it with a new person not be to go in with a clean slate?

Am hopeful of that Nick ...... keeping an open mind on CD and he takes no responsibility for the past..... lets see what happens. He was brought here for a reason

Users who are viewing this thread