SCG To Meet Chris Anderson (4 Viewers)

olderskyblue

Doubt many questions from here/(SBT) will be addressed by the SCG in any case. It will be a well structured meeting I would think

Agree. So will he be meeting the trust separately Steve?

Nick

Administrator
Am hopeful of that Nick ...... keeping an open mind on CD and he takes no responsibility for the past..... lets see what happens. He was brought here for a reason

It wasn't aimed at you btw just that it was after your reply.

There's no point steaming in with a bad attitude towards him from the off.

italiahorse

Who is attending the SCG meeting? There were talks of new people being added and things being changed?

I think the only qualifications you need are that you don't ask difficult questions and that you accept the statements TF tells you as fact.
Looking at the old minutes they appear to have achieved very little.
It appears just a collection of yes men and somehow the club believes they are interfacing with the fans.
The match day experience has not improved one iota and I am still no wiser on our long term future.

Nick

Administrator
I think the only qualifications you need are that you don't ask difficult questions and that you accept the statements TF tells you as fact.
Looking at the old minutes they appear to have achieved very little.
It appears just a collection of yes men and somehow the club believes they are interfacing with the fans.
The match day experience has not improved one iota and I am still no wiser on our long term future.

You have faith in Steve and Jan then?

The matchday experience has improved a lot over last season.

ashbyjan

I see my role on the SCG as that of a critical friend - if I think club is doing something right I will say so but equally if I feel they are doing something wrong or badly I will also voice that. This is not a forum for discussing or even considering the owners - it is for club related matters and it is possible to separate the two the majority of the time. Obviously some have tried using the SCG as a "political" mouthpiece but that wasn't me or Steve. I will ask relevant and sensible questions that are raised on hear and report them back. From the last couple of meetings we have even appeared to have moved beyond the seemingly obligatory and pointless 15 minute attack on the Trust and are now concentrating on the match day experience and the club in general.

italiahorse

I see my role on the SCG as that of a critical friend - if I think club is doing something right I will say so but equally if I feel they are doing something wrong or badly I will also voice that. This is not a forum for discussing or even considering the owners - it is for club related matters and it is possible to separate the two the majority of the time. Obviously some have tried using the SCG as a "political" mouthpiece but that wasn't me or Steve. I will ask relevant and sensible questions that are raised on hear and report them back. From the last couple of meetings we have even appeared to have moved beyond the seemingly obligatory and pointless 15 minute attack on the Trust and are now concentrating on the match day experience and the club in general.

Is the issues log published ?
It appears to have items added to it but no updates we can see.

ashbyjan

Is the issues log published ?
It appears to have items added to it but no updates we can see.
The issues log is updated and managed by one of the London based members - as far as I know it is up to date but I will check at next meeting

rupert_bear

Okay will do that. By the way who decides who can join and the reason why you can or not. Where are the meetings held

olderskyblue

Okay will do that. By the way who decides who can join and the reason why you can or not. Where are the meetings held

Cayman Islands, all expenses paid.... why do you think they are yes men? :):)

chiefdave

I think the idea is there's a different person representing each section of supporters. Problem is its been the same people for ages and some people aren't really representative of their group anymore.

IMHO they should come up with a list of areas (ie: kids, seniors, long distance, disabled etc) and then ask people to stand and hold some sort of election every year.

oldfiver

Frankly I wouldn't expect proper answers to any given my past experience of CCFC but I live in hope. You might also note that I asked for descriptions of, not amounts. That was quite deliberate,

I wouldn't expect figures however is there any reason why they couldn't provide description of major income sources to be gained in greater detail or for that matter the associated sorts of costs in the interests of transparency. I have a very good idea of what they are but not everyone does and such description might make people believe in the scheme more. We are three years in to this and we still don't know simple premises to the scheme

I haven't asked for the actual site but as Anderson insisted the site was "in Coventry" and progress being made is it unreasonable to ask him to define the term he used? We talking in City boundaries, just outside, or CV postcode?

Think we know from the FOI's the CCC contact answer

Is whether the club pay rent or rent plus matchday costs sensitive? Again not asked for the figures again just for clarity.

Are fans not entitled after 3 years to receive a clear description of what the owners envisage for the new stadium? How can the club owners progress the plan if they don't have one that the fans buy in to

Mr Anderson said in interview on CWR that the FL had inspected the proposed site - given the scepticism around the club maybe the FL could just confirm that inspection and the scheme get some support more widely?

Past and present directors make a big thing of CCFC being self sufficient, but is it? Again not asking for figures - if it became known say that SISU had sourced some extra finance would that be a positive or negative for them given whats happening on the pitch this season?

I would guess both sides are fully aware of any time limits. If I dig through the FL regulations I expect I could find one deadline. Would also assume landlord & tenant are fully aware of the arrangement they have. If I were landlord I would be asking for detailed financials and budgets during substantive rental discussions - but I am not and I am not asking for it here

As for the bit about the FFP budget - that's the one thing I think he will definitely refuse to answer or fudge. I understand that but if you don't ask you have next to no chance of knowing

Don't need your charity. The answers to the questions could allow fans to understand the whys for or against. We don't actually need the figures and I haven't asked for any. Sell the idea properly to the fans instead of blandly insisting we are building our own.

Doubt many questions from here/(SBT) will be addressed by the SCG in any case. It will be a well structured meeting I would think

I understand your replies but you know the answer to a seemingly simple question can lead to something more complex ( or misinterpreted as seems to be happening a lot)
That is why you will not get answers to your questions. But what is a very straightforward avoidance of an answer for "commercially confidential" reasons will be turned by some on here as a conspiracy.

I would suggest a statement from the SCG reflecting supporters "concerns" to CA asking for a response, may get you further than firing questions that will not be answered in that type of forum.

skybluetony176

I understand your replies but you know the answer to a seemingly simple question can lead to something more complex ( or misinterpreted as seems to be happening a lot)
That is why you will not get answers to your questions. But what is a very straightforward avoidance of an answer for "commercially confidential" reasons will be turned by some on here as a conspiracy.

I would suggest a statement from the SCG reflecting supporters "concerns" to CA asking for a response, may get you further than firing questions that will not be answered in that type of forum.

Do you not think that firing of questions whever they are going to be answered or not is a good way of informing them what the concerns of the fans as a whole on a number of subjects are?

You seem to be suggesting that everyone on the SCG should just sit around the table and keep nodding like dogs.

What's the point of the SCG unless questions are going to be asked on the stuff that are important to the fan's. Surely that's the point of it.

Steve and Jan have been kind enough to ask a popular forum for questions to ask at the SCG and there does seem to be a pattern emerging on what those questions should be. A new ground and Staying at the Ricoh.

Grendel

Do you not think that firing of questions whever they are going to be answered or not is a good way of informing them what the concerns of the fans as a whole on a number of subjects are?

You seem to be suggesting that everyone on the SCG should just sit around the table and keep nodding like dogs.

What's the point of the SCG unless questions are going to be asked on the stuff that are important to the fan's. Surely that's the point of it.

Steve and Jan have been kind enough to ask a popular forum for questions to ask at the SCG and there does seem to be a pattern emerging on what those questions should be. A new ground and Staying at the Ricoh.

He's saying questions should be relevant to the forum and expressed in a professional manner.

The SCG is a group that is supposed to be about enhancing match day experiences not a forum for long term strategy. Also as he correctly stated the commercial confidentiality subject will be raised anyway. Given your slavish defence of the council for deploying that particular deflector shield i am sure you will understand its significance.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director

To be honest I have no faith in CCFC being transparent in its answers or even a willingness to answer at the moment. Anderson might prove me wrong in time but from what I have heard so far he is very good at deflecting questions to the message he wants to give. Can understand that in some ways as he has barely been here 5 minutes.

I do not expect very much from such an SCG meeting but the OP asked for questions and I provided them, not really bothered if it puts Anderson/Owners on the spot. Refusal to answer or deflection can sometimes be quite telling. Reality is that Jan or Steve will be able/allowed to ask at the scg a couple of questions at best

They/he (CA)are establishing a negotiating position it seems to me ..... or the public part of that at least. The end result or even the target of that remains to be seen. Clearly a clever and well educated man but in terms of say negotiating with Wasps then those guys are not mugs either (Armstrong CFO at Lonrho and Eastwood headed up the RFU finances for example). As for any land deal I find the inconsistency with what has been said previously a little worrying

The SCG statement idea is not a bad idea but have seen little evidence of that group asking direct, difficult or challenging questions, so doubt that will change. Are you suggesting something like the Q&A's done by the Trust sometime back?

For now will wait to see what happens next week

Last edited:

ashbyjan

He's saying questions should be relevant to the forum and expressed in a professional manner.

The SCG is a group that is supposed to be about enhancing match day experiences not a forum for long term strategy. Also as he correctly stated the commercial confidentiality subject will be raised anyway. Given your slavish defence of the council for deploying that particular deflector shield i am sure you will understand its significance.

Please can we have one thread that doesn't descend into the usual Tony/Grendel pointless point scoring rehash of history? If you have a question you want raising just post it - no point questioning questions or peoples motivation for questions. I will ask as many as I get the chance to and report back the answers as these are given.

skybluetony176

I'm saying the relevant questions at an SCG is the questions that Supporters want answers too.

Why wouldn't they be expressed in a profesional manner?

Not sure I've ever defended the council for hiding behind commercial confidentiality but given your slavish attack of the council for deploying that particular deflector shield i am sure you will deploy the same slavish attack on SISU if they do.

rupert_bear

I have tried to join previously but it would be easier to join the Monday club. You will notice there is no reply to where the venue is. What i will do is apply to Chris Anderson direct i think

ashbyjan

I'm saying the relevant questions at an SCG is the questions that Supporters want answers too.

Why wouldn't they be expressed in a profesional manner?

Not sure I've ever defended the council for hiding behind commercial confidentiality but given your slavish attack of the council for deploying that particular deflector shield i am sure you will deploy the same slavish attack on SISU if they do.

Please can we have one thread that doesn't descend into the usual Tony/Grendel pointless point scoring rehash of history? If you have a question you want raising just post it - no point questioning questions or peoples motivation for questions. I will ask as many as I get the chance to and report back the answers as these are given.

chiefdave

You will notice there is no reply to where the venue is.

If you read the minutes you'll see they aren't always at the same place. They've used the Ricoh, Ryton, Cov Uni and more than likley the Squirrel as everything seems to happen there!

ashbyjan

I have tried to join previously but it would be easier to join the Monday club. You will notice there is no reply to where the venue is. What i will do is apply to Chris Anderson direct i think

Normally meetings are at Cov Uni but Tuesdays is at Ryton as the room usually used is unavailable.

oldfiver

Short response to your opening question is "NO"

You will not get answers in an open forum to some of the questions raised by OSB - valid as they may be

Did Ann Lucas or WASPS offer to discuss what they were up to ?

oldfiver

Would it be helpful if the SCG outlined its remit ( and to whom) and what you can and cannot be expected to put forward at your meeting

You may have done this in various threads - can you bring them all together in one?

Nick

Administrator
Would it be helpful if the SCG outlined its remit ( and to whom) and what you can and cannot be expected to put forward at your meeting

You may have done this in various threads - can you bring them all together in one?
Would make sense!

skybluetony176

Would make sense!

The clubs website says this

http://www.ccfc.co.uk/news/article/...e-group-contact-and-intro-260614-1690318.aspx

Find out what the SCG is all about and how you can get in contact
The Supporters Consultative Group meets monthly with the football club to consult over matters of mutual interest and concern. The members are representative of a variety of Coventry City supporters, supporters’ organisations and demographic groups.

The SCG is independently run by its members.

This is YOUR group, made up of supporters and for the benefit of supporters. We want to hear from you, to receive your comments, suggestions, complaints or praise.

You can reach us at [email protected]. Your e-mail will be acknowledged and referred to an appropriate member of the group.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Read more at http://www.ccfc.co.uk/news/article/...intro-260614-1690318.aspx#OykLqCmAIiZViYpd.99

I guess that means anything club or fan related

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Terms of reference are published on the Trust website including

Purpose and Scope (SCG) http://www.skybluetrust.co.uk/index.php/club-information/supporter-consultation/terms-of-reference

The purpose of the Group will be
• to act as a channel of communication and consultation between the Club and its supporters
• to continually improve the overall emotion that is experienced as a supporter of Coventry City Football Club through collaborative discussion and exchange of ideas
• to promote the Club’s engagement in the local and regional community
• to seek ways to continually improve match day experience, including increasing attendance and enhancing stadium atmosphere
• to continually improve the image of the Club and the sense of pride in supporting Coventry City Football Club

on the CCFC website it says

The Supporters Consultative Group meets monthly with the football club to consult over matters of mutual interest and concern. The members are representative of a variety of Coventry City supporters, supporters’ organisations and demographic groups.
This is YOUR group, made up of supporters and for the benefit of supporters. We want to hear from you, to receive your comments, suggestions, complaints or praise.

Read more at http://www.ccfc.co.uk/news/article/...intro-260614-1690318.aspx#cxHxs4vuKiBwulWF.99

Grendel

The paucity of information related to plans for the future of the club, the constant use of 'commercially confidential' as an excuse to hide details and the lack of any independent evidence that something is happening leaves me (and I'm sure many others) to think that the public statements are just hot air.

So, what will Chris Anderson do to give the fan base some confidence that these matters are being dealt with?

I assume you are confusing CCFC with CCC here?

letsallsingtogether

Terms of reference are published on the Trust website including

Purpose and Scope (SCG) http://www.skybluetrust.co.uk/index.php/club-information/supporter-consultation/terms-of-reference

The purpose of the Group will be
• to act as a channel of communication and consultation between the Club and its supporters
• to continually improve the overall emotion that is experienced as a supporter of Coventry City Football Club through collaborative discussion and exchange of ideas
• to promote the Club’s engagement in the local and regional community
• to seek ways to continually improve match day experience, including increasing attendance and enhancing stadium atmosphere
• to continually improve the image of the Club and the sense of pride in supporting Coventry City Football Club

on the CCFC website it says

Read more at http://www.ccfc.co.uk/news/article/...intro-260614-1690318.aspx#cxHxs4vuKiBwulWF.99

Till they look at the membership it is a load of bollocks most of the groups represent no one as they have no members bar themselves their spouse and possibly the cat or dog.
Funny but both the chair and his number 2 only represent themselves have no members at all.
Makes you wonder why they are actually there and why they are allowed to stay?

So first question should be who do you represent and how many members do you have.

Really need to put a number on members in their group, and really should have a couple reps off this site so we can get it all first hand.

Users who are viewing this thread