SCG To Meet Chris Anderson (3 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
Till they look at the membership it is a load of bollocks most of the groups represent no one as they have no members bar themselves their spouse and possibly the cat or dog.
Funny but both the chair and his number 2 only represent themselves have no members at all.
Makes you wonder why they are actually there and why they are allowed to stay?

So first question should be who do you represent and how many members do you have.

Really need to put a number on members in their group, and really should have a couple reps off this site so we can get it all first hand.

I am not fussed about "member numbers" as such. I would like a person who can represent certain different types of fan though.

oldfiver

I am confused ( don't take much!)

Who are the "members"?
Who elected the 2 representitives
Is SCG just a twiglet of the Trust?

letsallsingtogether

I am not fussed about "member numbers" as such. I would like a person who can represent certain different types of fan though.
You should be they only represent themselves.
As for different types of fan I agree that is why we could have 2 from here one from ether side of the fence.

Sick Boy

Will you ask him if he wants to stay at the Ricoh or build a new stadium. Because I'm sure Wasps won't want temporary tenants for just a few years.
Also ask him his opinion of Tim and would he understand the supporters frustration with him as chairman.

Let's do what suits Wasps rather than the club eh!

Nick

Administrator
You should be they only represent themselves.
As for different types of fan I agree that is why we could have 2 from here one from ether side of the fence.

Not really.

For example if there is somebody in a wheelchair or an OAP it would be good to get the ideas and feedback from them as a "section" of fans. Italia keeps saying his friend his disabled and can't buy tickets online, what else is causing disabled fans issues? I am not interested in willy waving of member numbers or anything like that, I am a member of the trust but wouldn't say they represent me. The same as if I spoke as "sky blues talk" I wouldn't represent people on here and wouldn't try to.

letsallsingtogether

I am confused ( don't take much!)

Who are the "members"?
Who elected the 2 representitives
Is SCG just a twiglet of the Trust?

I doubt it is a twig let of the trust as they are trying to get the trust kicked out.
Funny that as the organisation with the most members they are not wanted.
You need to ask yourself why?

oldfiver

To be honest I have no faith in CCFC being transparent in its answers or even a willingness to answer at the moment. Anderson might prove me wrong in time but from what I have heard so far he is very good at deflecting questions to the message he wants to give. Can understand that in some ways as he has barely been here 5 minutes.

I do not expect very much from such an SCG meeting but the OP asked for questions and I provided them, not really bothered if it puts Anderson/Owners on the spot. Refusal to answer or deflection can sometimes be quite telling. Reality is that Jan or Steve will be able/allowed to ask at the scg a couple of questions at best

They/he (CA)are establishing a negotiating position it seems to me ..... or the public part of that at least. The end result or even the target of that remains to be seen. Clearly a clever and well educated man but in terms of say negotiating with Wasps then those guys are not mugs either (Armstrong CFO at Lonrho and Eastwood headed up the RFU finances for example). As for any land deal I find the inconsistency with what has been said previously a little worrying

The SCG statement idea is not a bad idea but have seen little evidence of that group asking direct, difficult or challenging questions, so doubt that will change. Are you suggesting something like the Q&A's done by the Trust sometime back?

For now will wait to see what happens next week

I think the problem may be CA is trying to make an entrance to satisfy the fans but is not up to speed on everything.

He then falls in to the trap of answering quickly but with little substance. He will have learned from the CT / BBC meetings and so expect lots of no comments or fudge.

It does seem, however, he is not reading off a SISU script - for now

Rusty Trombone

If I'm picking up Anderson's quotes correctly he refers to 'needing a home', but doesn't mention needing to 'own' a home, which was the mantra of old. I would imagine he's being quite careful about his wording of things, so is this a change of approach?

italiahorse

Not really.

For example if there is somebody in a wheelchair or an OAP it would be good to get the ideas and feedback from them as a "section" of fans. Italia keeps saying his friend his disabled and can't buy tickets online, what else is causing disabled fans issues? I am not interested in willy waving of member numbers or anything like that, I am a member of the trust but wouldn't say they represent me. The same as if I spoke as "sky blues talk" I wouldn't represent people on here and wouldn't try to.

I have had loads of disabled issues that I have already taken up with the club over the years.
I currently take someone in a wheelchair to Wasps at home and CCFC away matches.
I suspect that somebody already covers this job.
If not I'm up for it.

Nick

Administrator
I have had loads of disabled issues that I have already taken up with the club over the years.
I currently take someone in a wheelchair to Wasps at home and CCFC away matches.
I suspect that somebody already covers this job.
If not I'm up for it.

That's what I was thinking.

At least if for example there was a rep for OAPs and Disabled people, a rep for block 16, a rep for the corporate fans etc. They could at least put views forward about matchday stuff, ie if they are really struggling getting to their seats, ticketing etc and be a voice for disabled fans. It might show that theres a few issues that most of the disabled fans agree on, but hasn't been raised.

If that makes sense..?

italiahorse

At least if for example there was a rep for OAPs and Disabled people, a rep for block 16, a rep for the corporate fans etc. They could at least put views forward about matchday stuff, ie if they are really struggling getting to their seats, ticketing etc and be a voice for disabled fans. It might show that theres a few issues that most of the disabled fans agree on, but hasn't been raised.

If that makes sense..?

Yes, common sense really, but it's pointless if they just log the issues but don't progress them.

letsallsingtogether

If that makes sense..?

There is already a rep for block 16 I believe only thing is he doesn't sit in that area and never asks anyone for their comments so waste of time really.
There is an international rep also unfortunately he is the only member and he is from Cov.
So really there is not a cross section that is needed.

NorthernWisdom

From the last couple of meetings we have even appeared to have moved beyond the seemingly obligatory and pointless 15 minute attack on the Trust and are now concentrating on the match day experience and the club in general.

Yup, that's good news.

As it's about those two things, perhaps you could ask him what his priorities are with a limited budget. Is it first team squad, infrastructure of club, youth academy, improving the efficiency of ticket sales, or improving goodwill and connections with potential fans, to give but a few examples.

(I know he'll say all are important, but with little cash to play with, perhaps it'd give an insight into the long term direction of the club if he were to suggest where what cash we have spare is likely to be allocated as main priority)

Nick

Administrator
There is already a rep for block 16 I believe only thing is he doesn't sit in that area and never asks anyone for their comments so waste of time really.
There is an international rep also unfortunately he is the only member and he is from Cov.
So really there is not a cross section that is needed.

That's a bit pointless! Although I guess if somebody lives abroad they would struggle to get to the meetings.

Might be worth getting rid of the block 16 fella, you are better having somebody who sits in there and knows everybody and is active on social media and down with the kids.

Needs a bit of a shakeup by the sounds of it, if they want a rep of here people are welcome to volunteer. My vote would have been valiant15 as he would have just knocked everybody out :)

Captain Dart

I assume you are confusing CCFC with CCC here?

There there sweetie sit down and have a cup of tea, we can't have you thinking too hard, you know it doesn't do you any good, you get all confused and befuddled.

Users who are viewing this thread