SCG Minutes from 5th March meeting (3 Viewers)

NorthernWisdom

So the other 10,000 that stayed away kept quiet then.

As for being Members of the trust are these people not allowed to have their own views?

In am a member and I don't agree with everything they do but hay it is a democracy if we don't like the leaders we can always change them.

Then again wouldn't matter who we got they would still get the same shit from the same posters :thinking about:

Eh? Can't help but think your defence mode's gone into overdrive, and you can't even notice when people are being stuck up for!

stupot07

City fans going to Wasps games has no impact on our Sky Blues,

Of course it does, we are losing fans, they are gaining fans, we've already seen a few people on here mention that they have gone, took their kids and now their kids are wasps fans and don't want to go to watch us anymore. And what happens when the free tickets dry up and the ccfc/wasps fans have to decide which club go watch regularly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

dongonzalos

I think people take more issue with the fact that CCC went down the line of emotional blackmail - 'no club should ever be out of it's home town' was the line I believe.

We were barely back in town before they sold out to Wasps, even after telling everybody that ACL was going from strength to strength... another pile of bullshit.

Do you think they tricked CCFC into returning back to Coventry then?

dongonzalos

Erm, I was asked the question directly?

He tried to imply I was making things up, I wasn't. It happened.

I said I didn't want to start naming names to drag it up again.

Sorry hadn't read it all so he introduced the concept that the people who complained the loudest about the move to sixfields are the same ones attending Wasps matches, not you

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
Sorry hadn't read it all so he introduced the concept that the people who complained the loudest about the move to Wasps are the same ones attending Wasps matches, not you
He asked me what trust people said implying I was.making it up. I answered.

bigfatronssba

Of course it does, we are losing fans, they are gaining fans, we've already seen a few people on here mention that they have gone, took their kids and now their kids are wasps fans and don't want to go to watch us anymore. And what happens when the free tickets dry up and the ccfc/wasps fans have to decide which club go watch regularly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Regardless of Wasps being here or not, CCFC has no right to assume any kids are going to support them in the future. They need to earn that support, not just expect it. Another example of CCFC fans being taken for granted.

So the question here is what are CCFC going to do to combat the lure of Wasps?

Nick

Administrator
Regardless of Wasps being here or not, CCFC has no right to assume any kids are going to support them in the future. They need to earn that support, not just expect it. Another example of CCFC fans being taken for granted.

So the question here is what are CCFC going to do to combat the lure of Wasps?
I saw in the space of an hour them earn the support of a fair few kids at the Christmas party. My daughter went from only wanting to do coloring to coming home talking about Tuesday, fleck and Daniels.

You also have to remember that with young kids it's up to their parents to get off their arses too sometimes.

Let's not get into that community stuff again though ;)

ccfcway

I saw in the space of an hour them earn the support of a fair few kids at the Christmas party. My daughter went from only wanting to do coloring to coming home talking about Tuesday, fleck and Daniels.

You also have to remember that with young kids it's up to their parents to get off their arses too sometimes.

What happened on the Tuesday ?, Daniels has gone now as well.

letsallsingtogether

Erm, I was asked the question directly?

He tried to imply I was making things up, I wasn't. It happened.

I said I didn't want to start naming names to drag it up again.

But you must have brought it up on at least a dozen occasions and on threads where it was not even relevant.

If you have an issue with these people why not have a word with them.....

After all unlike most people on here everyone knows who they are and where they can be found.

bigfatronssba

Which just goes to show that Wasps being here is no barrier to getting new fans.

Nick

Administrator
But you must have brought it up on at least a dozen occasions and on threads where it was not even relevant.

If you have an issue with these people why not have a word with them.....

After all unlike most people on here everyone knows who they are and where they can be found.
Who says I haven't tried?

Nick

Administrator
Which just goes to show that Wasps being here is no barrier to getting new fans.
Again, depends on the parents doesn't it a bit? I'm a city fan, which makes my daughter a city fan automatically. I'll take her to games if I can and junior sky blues membership. Some people want everything for nothing hence the people who moan wasps is free for kids.

bigfatronssba

Again, depends on the parents doesn't it a bit? I'm a city fan, which makes my daughter a city fan automatically. I'll take her to games if I can and junior sky blues membership. Some people want everything for nothing hence the people who moan wasps is free for kids.

But didn't it always depend on the parents?

I don't see how people taking their kids to see Wasps is any worse for CCFC than taking your kids shopping on a Saturday afternoon.

Nick

Administrator

I don't see how people taking their kids to see Wasps is any worse for CCFC than taking your kids shopping on a Saturday afternoon.
Of course it depends on parents when it's a five year old.

If I took my daughter to wasps because it was free rather than paying 20 a year then she would have no interest in ccfc would she? Read some posts on here about people begrudging paying for a kids membership and how wasps is great because is free for kids.

skybluetony176

Of course it depends on parents when it's a five year old.

If I took my daughter to wasps because it was free rather than paying 20 a year then she would have no interest in ccfc would she? Read some posts on here about people begrudging paying for a kids membership and how wasps is great because is free for kids.

So what you're saying is that for the sake of £20 SISU won't let kids go into a two thirds empty stadium for free even though it means that they are going to get at least £20 of at least one parent every game that kid goes to? Very forward thinking of SISU.

SISU need to compete with the competition and wether you like it or not Wasps are competition.

bigfatronssba

So what you're saying is that for the sake of £20 SISU won't let kids go into a two thirds empty stadium for free even though it means that they are going to get at least £20 of at least one parent every game that kid goes to? Very forward thinking of SISU.

SISU need to compete with the competition and wether you like it or not Wasps are competition.

Exactly, if they match what Wasps are offering then Wasps are no threat.

stupot07

Exactly, if they match what Wasps are offering then Wasps are no threat.

Of course wasps would be a threat, they are still a competitor competing for paying sports fans to attend their games.

stupot07

I would say it nearly always is dependent on parents/family.

Your second comment is just plain stupid.

lewys33

I'm English but my dad's side of the family are Welsh. I support Wales because I was brought up to support them. If my dad had taken me to England games I probably would have supported them instead.

Nick

Administrator
I'm English but my dad's side of the family are Welsh. I support Wales because I was brought up to support them. If my dad had taken me to England games I probably would have supported them instead.
That's what I mean, if my dad took me to villa I'd support them. All of this future fan stuff reminds me of that bloke whinging because his kids won't support city while he was first in the queue for a leicester ticket when they got promoted. Or the one decking his kids out in Chelsea kits.

bigfatronssba

I would say it nearly always is dependent on parents/family.

Your second comment is just plain stupid.

Well done for the constructive criticism there smelly head.

The whole point is there is more to do in the world than go to CCFC of Wasps. If you had parents that brought their kids up to do something other than sport on a Saturday afternoon then the outcome would still be the same for CCFC.

Nick

Administrator

The whole point is there is more to do in the world than go to CCFC of Wasps. If you had parents that brought their kids up to do something other than sport on a Saturday afternoon then the outcome would still be the same for CCFC.
So if the parents don't bother to take them they can't moan about their kids wanting a man United shirt from watching on sky

stupot07

'Smelly head' LMFOA

I disagree with your point, if your mum takes you shopping you don't start supporting New Look or Tesco. If your parents took to wasps you will start to support and then have a lifelong affinity for them. That's the mains reason the majority of us ccfc fans support ccfc. My parents, my grandad and one of my uncles supports us, took me to a game, and that was me hooked ccfc for life. My other uncle supports the villa, so do my cousins, it's where they got took to games. I have two sisters one supports city and the other supports the villa, can you guess who took her to her first game?

So taking kids to wasps will give them affinity and potential lifelong support of wasps, which along with the extensive community/schools programme and the city's vision for being the first 'Rugby' city in england then wasps being here will damage our club long term. People can do what they want, but let's not pretend that everything's hunky dory.

bigfatronssba

So if the parents don't bother to take them they can't moan about their kids wanting a man United shirt from watching on sky

No they can't I agree. If you want your kids to be city fans then you have to take them to a few games a season.

Suppose it depends if you want your kids to have go through everything we all have.

Nick

Administrator
No they can't I agree. If you want your kids to be city fans then you have to take them to a few games a season.

Suppose it depends if you want your kids to have go through everything we all have.
It isn't passing on a deadly genetic disease.

bigfatronssba

'Smelly head' LMFOA

I disagree with your point, if your mum takes you shopping you don't start supporting New Look or Tesco. If your parents took to wasps you will start to support and then have a lifelong affinity for them. That's the mains reason the majority of us ccfc fans support ccfc. My parents, my grandad and one of my uncles supports us, took me to a game, and that was me hooked ccfc for life. My other uncle supports the villa, so do my cousins, it's where they got took to games. I have two sisters one supports city and the other supports the villa, can you guess who took her to her first game?

So taking kids to wasps will give them affinity and potential lifelong support of wasps, which along with the extensive community/schools programme and the city's vision for being the first 'Rugby' city in england then wasps being here will damage our club long term. People can do what they want, but let's not pretend that everything's hunky dory.

I'm obviously not saying you will start supporting a shop! But if you never go to a football match you won't get into it properly.You would end up as an armchair Man Utd fan or something. Yes there are lots of CCFC fans who don't go to games much now. But how many are there that didn't go to games when they were young? Pretty much all of us would have gone to games regularly when we were at an impressionable age. I'm sure you agree with me that if you don't get someone to start attending matches when they are young then chances are they never will.

Thus it makes no difference to CCFC if someone takes their kids to Wasps or Tesco's. If they aren't going to CCFC games then its highly unlikely that they will become an attending CCFC supporter.

Now whatever Wasps are doing to bring in kids to watch them CCFC need to match. We can go over the rights and wrongs of it all day long, but simple fact is Wasps are here now and will try their best to maximise their support. Just constantly insulting people for going to watch them isn't going to solve anything.

What we need to be asking is what are CCFC going to do to counteract that?

bigfatronssba

It isn't passing on a deadly genetic disease.

No, modern science will soon be able to cure most of those.

Users who are viewing this thread