SCG Minutes from 5th March meeting (1 Viewer)

Rusty Trombone

I see the question of getting a mobile shop on match days was raised, they say it's 'impossible', I really don't think they are trying very hard.

Terry Gibson's perm

That's five minutes of my life I will never get back.

Why is Waggott meeting the London supporters club did he not postpone the one in Coventry why not cancel this London one now and put the one back on in the clubs own City?

NorthernWisdom

You mean he wants the Subordinate Collaborative Group?

Well this is what I don't understand. The group, to me, often gets an unfair rep for being pro-SISU if you look at the members and their personal views it is actually quite broad, it does serve the purpose of that kind of focus group... then PW makes a couple of statements that jump out if you're looking for evidence it is actually rather subservient, and not sure that's helpful really.

Not a single reference to the Five Point Plan or any progress in that regard?
PW - who doesn't seem to have any "constituency" so far as I can see - amazingly thinks that his information about fans opinions towards Sisu is superior to that of:
a) The Sky Blue Trust survey;
b) A follow up poll in the Coventry Telegraph.
Also appears to twist the message sent by the Trust about inviting Sisu to seek new owners into the more simplistic "Sisu Out" slogan. While personally speaking, nothing would make me happier, the Trust poll question and response was more constructive.

Terry Gibson's perm

I see the question of getting a mobile shop on match days was raised, they say it's 'impossible', I really don't think they are trying very hard.

They have nothing to sell in it so that must make it impossible.

We have the lowest stadium revenue in the league well maybe they should sack some of the people that are causing that people like Scope the commercial sales manager I wonder if Yeovil have one of those?

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Not a single reference to the Five Point Plan or any progress in that regard?
PW - who doesn't seem to have any "constituency" so far as I can see - amazingly thinks that his information about fans opinions towards Sisu is superior to that of:
a) The Sky Blue Trust survey;
b) A follow up poll in the Coventry Telegraph.
Also appears to twist the message sent by the Trust about inviting Sisu to seek new owners into the more simplistic "Sisu Out" slogan. While personally speaking, nothing would make me happier, the Trust poll question and response was more constructive.

How dare you want new owners:facepalm:Really don't you know you've never had it so good,sod you lot I'm with RFC now he's finally won me over.

Nick

Administrator
SBR stated that the SBT statements around FOI were not intended to discredit TF but were simply intended to present the responses the SBT had received to the FOIs.

To be fair, it was quite clearly a big stick that was often used.

Can anybody who was there clarify this?

TF then read a statement from CBRE, the property consultants, which highlighted that discussions had taken place with Rugby Borough Council on potential stadium sites and their deliverability.

Was it bollocks?

skybluetony176

I sometimes wonder if the SBT would be better off not attending. The SCG seem to spend more time talking about what the trust have or haven't done than anything else. If trust representatives didn't attend the SCG would have to talk about the issues at the club instead.

skybluetony176

So have the club's property consultants discussed potential sites with Rugby Borough Council?

Didn't the earlier FOI's show that they'd been 1 speculative enquiry about the old Peugeot site at Ryton but everything had already been sold and planning agreed and on some sites ground had been broken?

Grendel

Didn't the earlier FOI's show that they'd been 1 speculative enquiry about the old Peugeot site at Ryton but everything had already been sold and planning agreed and on some sites ground had been broken?

It quoted sites in the plural -- Steve Brown is following this up according to the minutes.

jas365

The usual load of old bollocks then........

"TF stated his intent for an open, honest and transparent approach to supporters" - is he having a fucking laugh?

PW challenged JM to explain how he could continue to be on the SCG when his personal view was that the owners should “go” - why shouldn't he still be on the SCG? So anyone who thinks SISU should go is not welcome in the group?

Confirmation if it were needed that the whole thing is a complete waste of time.

J

Jack Griffin

Still hiding behind commercial confidentiality.

Terry Gibson's perm

The usual load of old bollocks then........

"TF stated his intent for an open, honest and transparent approach to supporters" - is he having a fucking laugh?

PW challenged JM to explain how he could continue to be on the SCG when his personal view was that the owners should “go” - why shouldn't he still be on the SCG? So anyone who thinks SISU should go is not welcome in the group?

Confirmation if it were needed that the whole thing is a complete waste of time.

Total farce and the group is a sham and should be disbanded.

Philosorapter

Did I read that right?

The SCG will go to the next fans forum and meet the fans they claim to represent!

I would expect that to be a very interesting night.

Astute

So have the club's property consultants discussed potential sites with Rugby Borough Council?

SISU say yes. RBC say no. RBC have to tell the truth. SISU twist the truth.

So who do you believe Grendel?

letsallsingtogether

SISU say yes. RBC say no. RBC have to tell the truth. SISU twist the truth.

So who do you believe Grendel?

Tbf if he is that bothered he could find out for himself with a FOI request and he could word it as he wants.
After all he is far too intelligent for the rest of us?

bigfatronssba

So TF seems to be accusing RBC of falsifying a FOI request again. He wants to be careful about those types of accusations.

What's interesting though is despite all evidence suggesting that no discussions have taken place, some fans still seem to think they have based on nothing more than TF's word.

On one hand we have a statement by someone at RBC, who if they have misled could find themselves punished with a custodial sentence.

On the other we have a man who has a history of misleading supporters, who has no evidence to back up his argument, and there will be no serious comeback on him for misleading.

All common sense suggests no discussions have taken place, yet this isn't good enough for some fans. You can see how accusations of "sisu defender/apologiser" come about.

letsallsingtogether

So TF seems to be accusing RBC of falsifying a FOI request again. He wants to be careful about those types of accusations.

What's interesting though is despite all evidence suggesting that no discussions have taken place, some fans still seem to think they have based on nothing more than TF's word.

On one hand we have a statement by someone at RBC, who if they have misled could find themselves punished with a custodial sentence.

On the other we have a man who has a history of misleading supporters, who has no evidence to back up his argument, and there will be no serious comeback on him for misleading.

All common sense suggests no discussions have taken place, yet this isn't good enough for some fans. You can see how accusations of "sisu defender/apologiser" come about.

Maybe he had an email from find a friend

Astute

Maybe TF is still looking for somewhere that RBC won't allow a ground to be built so he can waste a few more years making out that they are trying their best to build us a new home whilst waiting to see if Wasps go tits up.

shmmeee

Has anyone asked why it's still secret? What are they scared of? Surely they're not still spinning the bollocks about the council acting illegally if they disclose?

freddiemong

They have nothing to sell in it so that must make it impossible.

We have the lowest stadium revenue in the league well maybe they should sack some of the people that are causing that people like Scope the commercial sales manager I wonder if Yeovil have one of those?
said for a while that the club needs new commercial staff as the ones they have do not have a clue

jas365

Total farce and the group is a sham and should be disbanded.

I know someone who used to sit on the SCG, any occasion that anything contentious or controversial was brought up, those in charge would swiftly change the subject. From what I was told at Fleetwood last week this is still the case. In the end the guy I know quit as he didn't see the point in continuing to attend.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
The following is just my opinion

The SCG seems to be as pointless as ever. They never really challenge anything at the club or what TF tells them. The only time they challenge anything is to spend time berating the Sky Blue Trust. The group is not about the independent supporters Trust, it has no control over Trust actions, and seems a little perverse that unelected individuals with no obvious real fans mandate are berating an elected body that takes some time to find out its members views and represents that (however flawed the process might be). The SCG is about the club and its fans ...... which must surely include a wide range of view, opinion or actions and challenge surely?

There appears to be very little in the way of understanding of what they are being told and what might lay behind that or is it they just don't want to rock the boat for fear of lost position?. Not sure which is worse. There are apparently successful business people on there surely they have a handle on some of the financial issues? Surely they have some doubts or questions? Surely they should be asking for better explanation so that they can properly inform the fans?

How do they represent the fans when in reality they tell them very little that is new or meaningful?

As for the CBRE statement - what did it say? Why are the details not included in the minutes? As I understand it the FOI requests actually name CBRE so somewhere there is a contradiction

The problem with a lot of the suggestions is that CCFC no longer has great influence at the Ricoh and to get things done will require money that the club just is not going to pay

I think it is important the trust attend these meetings because that is the only contact TF/Club are allowing the Trust. It seems to be quite deliberate that any fan contact is through the SCG only.

All just my opinion. But for something so simple and potentially useful it seems to have degenerated in to a mess of nodding self interest and a voice box for TF. Still it is a nice tick box for saying to the FL that the club consult and are transparent with supporters isn't it :thinking about:

I have absolutely no faith in the SCG as a body even if the members mean well (which I do not doubt)

Last edited:

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
for anyone who might be interested these are the Terms of Reference

Structure

The Group will comprise up to 15 supporters, who will represent various supporter organisations and/or demographic groups whose input is considered of value in representing the generality of Coventry City supporters

The Group will meet regularly on a monthly basis, on dates agreed by the Group in advance

The Group is sponsored by the Chief Executive of Coventry City Football Club, who will ensure that the Club will make available its personnel appropriate to the agenda of the meeting

The Group will, at an agreed meeting each year, elect a Chair and Vice-Chair, and appoint a Minutes Secretary. Each will serve in post for one year, with the Deputy Chairman automatically assuming role of Chairman at the anniversary date

Membership of the Group will not be restricted, and new members may be invited to join on the voluntary resignation of existing members

An agenda for each meeting will be prepared by the Secretary, in consultation with the Chair, and circulated to members of the Group at least seven working days before the meeting

The agenda will be agreed as the first item of business at each meeting. Members of the Group may request items to be placed on the agenda up to ten days prior to the meeting

The Minutes Secretary will circulate minutes of each meeting at least seven days prior to the next meeting.

The Club’s Board will invite the Chairman or Deputy Chairman plus one member, selected on a rotation basis, to attend part of the monthly Board meeting of the Club

Purpose and Scope

The purpose of the Group will be
• to act as a channel of communication and consultation between the Club and its supporters
• to continually improve the overall emotion that is experienced as a supporter of Coventry City Football Club through collaborative discussion and exchange of ideas
• to promote the Club’s engagement in the local and regional community
• to seek ways to continually improve match day experience, including increasing attendance and enhancing stadium atmosphere
• to continually improve the image of the Club and the sense of pride in supporting Coventry City Football Club

Fine high sounding words ......... What are the SCG achievements exactly?

SkyBlueSid

The whole thing is clearly just a pointless talking shop and appears to achieve absolutely nothing. It's chairman is a woeful puppet whose comments conflict with every City fan I ever speak to. Seriously - who doesn't want a change of owner? I wonder if Ward has to pay for his ticket!

The club tell the fans nothing of substance and fail to do anything about concerns raised by fans. They can't even get the bogs cleaned! As OSB says, perhaps they can spell out their achievements for us all in case we are missing something.

Users who are viewing this thread