SCG Meeting (2 Viewers)

crowsnest

Something like that, made it sound like it was up to Wasps rather than us if the 2 year extension got activated. If we're safe then it should be an easy question for Fisher to answer. If there could be a problem it would be nice to know they are working on a resolution.

Contracted until 2018 according to the wasps website.

jas365

Something needs to be asked about the ticketing situation, we must have the worst set up in the country, it's a total farce.

The other week I was called by someone at the office on Lockhurst Lane regarding away tickets, I asked her about collecting my season ticket and she said I could only pick it up until 2pm. When I asked why 2pm she said it was because she had to pick her son up from school. What a complete joke.

Nick

Administrator
Something needs to be asked about the ticketing situation, we must have the worst set up in the country, it's a total farce.

The other week I was called by someone at the office on Lockhurst Lane regarding away tickets, I asked her about collecting my season ticket and she said I could only pick it up until 2pm. When I asked why 2pm she said it was because she had to pick her son up from school. What a complete joke.

Really? That is shocking.

Captain Dart

Something like that, made it sound like it was up to Wasps rather than us if the 2 year extension got activated. If we're safe then it should be an easy question for Fisher to answer. If there could be a problem it would be nice to know they are working on a resolution.

I'll be built in 10 months, Timmy said 3 years back in May 2013, surely he wasn't bullshitting was he?

ready_96

Improve the build up to kick off and have like some kind of half time entertainment going on.
anyway we can get a live stream up on the score box?
Do more twitter and facebook competitions to win free tickets
have JD or whoever it is actually on the middle of the pitch when doing player introductions, so we can actually see him instead of him hiding out the way somewhere by the dug out presumably
Mabey get him or the media guy Kieran Crowely isit? to grab the odd player player before KO and get them to do a quick interview whilst theyre doing the warm ups or walking off to the dug out?

wingy

This could go one of two ways
The School holidays are now upon us.
She either won't be there at all or doing a full shift.

chiefdave

There must be a reception area for the whole site. Couldn't the club ask if they will allow collections from there. Might mean a small charge but if it makes it easier and open office hours would be worth it.

jas365

There must be a reception area for the whole site. Couldn't the club ask if they will allow collections from there. Might mean a small charge but if it makes it easier and open office hours would be worth it.

This really shouldn't be a point for discussion though should it? We're talking about probably the single most important admin job of the season, and it's shut because the only person who works in the office was on a school run. It's pathetic and it only goes to re-affirm what a joke we've become.

chiefdave

This really shouldn't be a point for discussion though should it? We're talking about probably the single most important admin job of the season, and it's shut because the only person who works in the office was on a school run. It's pathetic and it only goes to re-affirm what a joke we've become.

Not great is it, imagine it will be less of a problem as the season goes on as its just away tickets isn't it?

wingy

This shouldn't turn Into the pro's and con's
about Women In the workplace tbf. Simply spread the task between two staff, one for morning one for afternoon.

letsallsingtogether

Actually, that's a bit tricky...they keep cancelling them.
So how many have they cancelled then?
As for their role on the SCG you are right it is pointless as the only ones who really represent anyone, no matter we will let Strange and Ward have the final say in it all if that makes you happy, after all they only represent themselves.
I wonder what their agenda is?

Last edited:

letsallsingtogether

And they forget that most of us have to work till at least 4.00pm so are unable to get to the offices at those stupid times anyway.

Ashdown

I just managed to ring up and order two tickets from a girl at the shop who was happy to ring me back on my mobile as it was a bad line. Cost me a bit more than online { which I have to get sorted } but the service was friendly. I did have to ring a few times but got there in the end. I would suggest people don't wait till the last minute though for Wigan tickets as I guess they would struggle with a rush.

AndreasB

They would have posted it , you drama queen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ashbyjan

I am going to meeting on Thursday and will try and bring up any questions people have and report answers back here. Personally I believe the SCG would have more relevance if supporters felt that it actually represented them rather than being viewed as a cosy old boys talking shop. Many groups are represented by various members but some members (myself included) represent no one. I think it members should be elected by their peers rather than simply because they turned up or were invited. It would be an idea to look at what happens at other clubs - take the best model and try and implement it here. It has never been more important for supporters to feel closer to the club, we have had a fraught and divisive few years and we need to put the past behind us and start building bridges if the club is to move forward and prosper. The SCG should be an important vehicle for fans but currently is viewed by many as irrelevant or ineffective.
Anyway either post questions here or PM me

Nick

Administrator
I am going to meeting on Thursday and will try and bring up any questions people have and report answers back here. Personally I believe the SCG would have more relevance if supporters felt that it actually represented them rather than being viewed as a cosy old boys talking shop. Many groups are represented by various members but some members (myself included) represent no one. I think it members should be elected by their peers rather than simply because they turned up or were invited. It would be an idea to look at what happens at other clubs - take the best model and try and implement it here. It has never been more important for supporters to feel closer to the club, we have had a fraught and divisive few years and we need to put the past behind us and start building bridges if the club is to move forward and prosper. The SCG should be an important vehicle for fans but currently is viewed by many as irrelevant or ineffective.
Anyway either post questions here or PM me

I think maybe a fan from each "sector", I am not sure how you would elect them or where but I guess if people put themselves forward for a sector there could be a vote on the ccfc website? They post up name, why they think they would be good, 2 lines about them and city.

Then you have somebody like:

Disabled Supporter
OAP Supporter
Young Supporter
Parent Supporter (with young kids)
Diamond Club Supporter
Corporate Supporter
etc etc

So then there is a representation of every "sort" of fan.

Then if there is an issue with wheelchair access it won't be missed.

If that makes sense?

fernandopartridge

I think maybe a fan from each "sector", I am not sure how you would elect them or where but I guess if people put themselves forward for a sector there could be a vote on the ccfc website? They post up name, why they think they would be good, 2 lines about them and city.

Disabled Supporter
OAP Supporter
Young Supporter
Diamond Club Supporter
Corporate Supporter
etc etc

If that makes sense?

And an equality and diversity coordinator to make sure that everybody's view is taken on board.

I'm not sure if OAP or Disabled are PC or not, Nick.

torchomatic

Well, unless there's a protest on. :p

And they forget that most of us have to work till at least 4.00pm so are unable to get to the offices at those stupid times anyway.

trondegilsoltvedt97

Disabled Supporter
OAP Supporter
Young Supporter
Diamond Club Supporter
Corporate Supporter
etc etc

If that makes sense?

There's a bit here about the different members. I think the areas you mention are covered or mainly covered http://www.ccfc.co.uk/news/article/...-group-bios-coventry-city-260614-1690227.aspx

But then I suppose it's the difference between people representing others, or being elected to reprsent others?

NorthernWisdom

Depends what you want it to be anyway. If you wanted it to be a focus group you wouldn't be electing it, and nor, for that matter, would you be asking for questions from others.

Mind you, wouldn't publish the minutes either...

It seems stuck, that the attempt to publish inutes is maybe not a bad idea in principle, and does show a certain level of transparency... but probably does more harm than good.

lifeskyblue

Do members of the group really feel that their voice is heard? Or is this just another sop to long suffering supporters? Genuine question as I have not followed the discussions closely.

armybike

The SCG will serve no meaningful role until Peter Ward leaves.

armybike

Why? Isn't he chair? Is he ineffective or in clubs pocket?

He's nothing more than a SISU mouthpiece.

His position is that everything SISU are doing is fantastic and fully embraced by the majority of fans and anyone who disagrees should be banned from any engagement with the club.

The SCG minutes are testament to this.

lifeskyblue

Ahhh I see. I'm with you then. Must take a more balanced view. Not everything they have done has been a disaster BUT a lot has been. How anyone can defend the moving of ccfc to Northampton for a year as a positive move is clearly out of touch. That alone has divided the supporters, decimated the gates, and put off a new generation of fans wanting to support their home town club. I don't want to get into sisu this v council that....both have been irresponsible and quite frankly childish but as far as ccfc are concerned this squabble has been a disaster

Users who are viewing this thread