SCG Meeting (1 Viewer)

bigfatronssba

Tim Fisher insisted that meetings took place and he didn't understand how councils reported officers meetings internally but didn't want to make an issue of it as that might embarass Rugby council and they want to be able to work in cooperation with them in the future. Also stated that the rejection of the Coventry Gateway plan by Eric Pickles was a setback for the plans.

So basically he is saying RBC released false information on a FOI?

ashbyjan

He didn't say they were lying but intimated that people associated with the stadium build were not happy with the FOI answer. I believe that the Trust will follow up Mr Fishers observations with RBC as if they have mislead on a JOI that is a very serious offence.

Grendel

Brilliant apologies I missed
Million times and I bloody missed it so sorry Grendal please

Roughly what did the club say will be the interest we will be paying yearly once the stadium is built?

Does that interest get taken into consideration for FFP?

Once it is built how then will SISU get their new debt level of around 70-80 million back?

I can't believe I missed the satisfactory answers to this questions a million times.

Please go on Grendel the floor is yours....

The answer will be it will be co funded by business development partners.

This is why they claim to be interested in a 60 acre site. So this means that they will be funded by developers who in turn will make a return from it.

Other clubs are building new stadiums and what fisher should really be asked is why clubs like Scunthorpe seem to have a far quicker timeline.

In this league Ffp doesn't take interest rates into account.

dongonzalos

This is why they claim to be interested in a 60 acre site. So this means that they will be funded by developers who in turn will make a return from it.

Other clubs are building new stadiums and what fisher should really be asked is why clubs like Scunthorpe seem to have a far quicker timeline.

Great thanks for that now any chance of answering the questions I asked. Which apparently have been answered a million times?

Thought not

Grendel

Great thanks for that now any chance of answering the questions I asked. Which apparently have been answered a million times?

Thought not

Eri I did answer - the debt will not increase and interest payments aren't a part of FFP

skybluetony176

Which business development partners are these? Have they confirmed they have an agreement with anyone?

Grendel

Which business development partners are these? Have they confirmed they have an agreement with anyone?

No - but Don seems to know costs - best speak to him.

torchomatic

Neither of you know whether it's true or not, just guess work.

I wasn't asking about the costs. I was asking about the partners you've apparently heard about a million times.

Grendel

I wasn't asking about the costs. I was asking about the partners you've apparently heard about a million times.

What are you on about?

Don keeps asking how the cost of the stadium would help as its all added onto the debt. I have stated the theoretical model would be not to add debt big to get developers to fund through sake of retail land as per the Ricoh.

That's the theory

One things for sure - the club needs someone to make it happen or we are dead

torchomatic

Everyone who states that finance for the new stadium will be A, B or C is guessing or estimating, aren't they?

You don't mean to say you think Grendel is(Dare I say it)..........Guessing/Estimating?....*runs away laughing*

Grendel

You don't mean to say you think Grendel is(Dare I say it)..........Guessing/Estimating?....*runs away laughing*

No I'm answering the question for don. Sisu aren't building a stadium anyway.

skybluetony176

Everyone who states that finance for the new stadium will be A, B or C is guessing or estimating, aren't they?

Which sort of brings us back to Dons original point. Where's the business plans? We haven't seen either the plan's for the development or the business plans to achieve it. All we've had is a generic drawing and Mr Fisher saying "that will work".

torchomatic

True. But we also have people saying "it won't work". Personally, won't believe it until a shovel hits the soil, but who knows? Not me or you.

Which sort of brings us back to Dons original point. Where's the business plans? We haven't seen either the plan's for the development or the business plans to achieve it. All we've had is a generic drawing and Mr Fisher saying "that will work".

Grendel

I think they are!

No they are not.

If you look at other clubs who are seeking to develop they are typically taking two years to construct.

York, Scunthorpe and Bristol rovers have sites and construction plans in place.

Sisu have a strategy to bid for what they cannot get and for too much average. The plan is so transparent a blind man can see it for the charade it is.

Tell me RFC what convinces you of this?

dongonzalos

Eri I did answer - the debt will not increase and interest payments aren't a part of FFP

The debt won't increase? So other organisations are going to pay for the whole project?

You will find that is not correct and our debt will increase. So we need to get an idea roughly of how much?

The interest is not considered in SCMP? However it is in FFP. So if we are promoted which presumedly is the aim. We need to know how much interest will we be charged in comparison to the increase in revenue we receive ?

Grendel

The debt won't increase? So other organisations are going to pay for the whole project?

You will find that is not correct and our debt will increase. So we need to get an idea roughly of how much?

The interest is not considered in SCMP? However it is in FFP. So if we are promoted which presumedly is the aim. We need to know how much interest will we be charged in comparison to the increase in revenue we receive ?

No a separate construction company would build the stadium - a similar strategy to other new builds.

What I fail to see is why you keep dragging this tiresome issue up. It legitimises the new stadium idea - I see fisher has piped up and said what I have just said.

It's not happening so who cares?

Worryingly though you seem to not get it needs to happen for long term survival.

Last edited:

dongonzalos

No a separate construction company would build the stadium - a similar strategy to other new builds.

Are they going to soley fund it or will we partly fund it?

We will be partly funding our debt will go up, we need to know by how much.

Grendel

Are they going to soley fund it or will we partly fund it?

We will be partly funding our debt will go up, we need to know by how much.

See my edited post. No funding at all but it's not happening anyway so why carry on?

dongonzalos

Exactly so we need to club who are apparently doing it to give us some figures and what the end game is.

Grendel tried to make out we already know and have been told a million times. when clearly when asked to give the answer he can't

Grendel

Exactly so we need to club who are apparently doing it to give us some figures and what the end game is.

Grendel tried to make out we already know and have been told a million times. when clearly when asked to give the answer he can't

Fishers answered it on another thread!!! Christ.

dongonzalos

Fishers answered it on another thread!!! Christ.

Grendel you really don't understand it do you

"The financing will be a mix of equity and debt. As a ground share requirement for the Football League we have had to show how the new stadium might be financed and included the accompanying proof of funding. "

Who takes the debt part of that formula Grendel.?

Just to make it easier on you......

The answer is us, now the question I am asking is how much additional debt and what additional interest rate to the growing debt and interest we currently have.

Also when we supposedly get promoted will that massive interest outweigh the increase in revenue we get in comparison to now. Should we not be trying to throw more at trying to buy more accessfrom ACL now instead

Read more at http://www.ccfc.co.uk/news/article/new-stadium-questions-1245952.aspx#wYvDMoyjKx0k8jjv.99

Last edited:

dongonzalos

See my edited post. No funding at all but it's not happening anyway so why carry on?

To prove its not viable or feasible so we can get on with

Selling up
Brokering a deal with wasps
Or
Go for broke and spend the same amount of the new stadium cost on players and sell just before the Prem. Or after one season in it.

Rather than sitting here listening to unrealistic ideas hoping wasps will go broke or a judge will change their mind.

Last edited:

skybluetony176

Tim Fisher insisted that meetings took place and he didn't understand how councils reported officers meetings internally but didn't want to make an issue of it as that might embarass Rugby council and they want to be able to work in cooperation with them in the future. Also stated that the rejection of the Coventry Gateway plan by Eric Pickles was a setback for the plans.

Did he mention the highways and environment agencies replies as well or did he not want to embarrass them either ;)

Last edited:

letsallsingtogether

No I'm answering the question for don. Sisu aren't building a stadium anyway.

So they are not building a new Stadium?

Well surely they then need to do a better deal with the Wasps, maybe see if they can bring in extra revenue to the Ricoh to which they could have a 50% cut,
it would be beneficial for both sides as the revenue would come in handy for both Teams.

They need to take the bull by the horns speak to the Wasps and make some deals where they work together after all the better the Ricoh does the less they could charge CCFC in Rent?

letsallsingtogether

I'd rather they left and let someone build a stadium properly...

So would we all but come on 60 million just to buy the current team and get the Golden share!!! Then the Millions to build a new Ground and rebuild the shocking team we have wow not much change from £100 million for a league 1 or maybe 2 team, God forbid you could get the Villa for less then that.

rupert_bear

Never mind the fucking new stadium, just ask whoever is there be it Waggott or Fisher, representing the club what do they intend to do NOW to help Tony Mowbray ensure our division one status. This squad will take us down I fear Mowbray or not.

Users who are viewing this thread