SCG Meeting (1 Viewer)

ashbyjan

On Thursday there is the latest SCG meeting - does anyone have any questions they would like me to raise with the club about match day experience / new manager / old manager / loan signings / stadia etc

Jackoskyblue

1) Will the new manager have a bigger budget next season than this season?
2) What is the objective for next season in terms of league finish?
3) Are there any plans to bring fans closer together next season to enhance the atmosphere?
4) Will season ticket prices remain the same/be reduced/be increased and when are prices announced
5) What are the club going to do to try and entice stay away fans?

Nick

Administrator
Will there be a pay monthly option next year on ST's, will there be early bird.

rupert_bear

What is the player recruitment policy now ie loans, short term contracts etc. bearing in mind the new manager who I believe will take little shite and if buggeed about wouldn't hesitate to do another Mark Robins.

D

Deleted member 2526

Can I suggest moving the Jimmy Hill statue to a slightly less Wasp-ish area of the ground? Perhaps in front of the Wall of Fame?

Terry Gibson's perm

What are the club going to offer current season ticket holders to renew as when the question has been raised on here it seems not many are going to, maybe as a gesture of goodwill from the club the early bird offer could stand until the week before the season starts.

dongonzalos

What would be the estimated debt CCFC will be in when the stadium is finished. I appreciate it will be estimated. Rough figure. Debt generated from stadium build plus current Debt.

What would be the estimated yearly repayments on Debt of that level

How does building the stadium lead to SISU's stated aim of recouping its investment. Ie what is the end goal.

Does the interest payments work against the income generated figure created by building a new stadium for FFP?

Has consideration been given to offering Wasps half the cost of building the new stadium for half of ACL.
Say for example 10 million. Wasps could use the 10 million to clear most of the loan.
CCFC get 50% of ACL with only a 2 million loan so not indebted to what they call a risky loan at all. They also would have no concerns for Wasps business model as they would also only have a 2 million loan.

The risk of further lower crowds at a stadium outside the city dimishes.

Coventry get 50% of all ACL revenues but for two sporting events as oppose to one.

For Wasps the advantage is reducing their risk and keeping CCFC at the Ricoh long term.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
Has consideration been given to offering Wasps half the cost of building the new stadium for half of ACL.
Say for example 10 million.

Not entirely sure about what you mean, they just bought 100% for 5.5 million so to offer them for example 10 million for 50% would be strange?

chiefdave

I appreciate this is probably only an issue that annoys me but can they speak to ACL / Wasps and find a better way of doing the pitch markings. In the World Cup there was lots of talk of the grass being spray painted, can they do something like that to get rid of the rugby pitch markings for our matches. Makes me annoyed everytime I see them, it's like a constant reminder of the mess we're in.

Also, whilst I appreciate SISUs stance is we are moving out, can something be done in the meantime to give us equal billing, eg: our club crests being the same size as Wasps?

John_Silletts_Nose

In the December minutes it was stated that a minimum of 2 members of the SCG wouild attend CCFC board meetings, who is scheduled to attend CCFC board meetings and what comments issued?

Specifically, in the December minutes it was also stated that Peter Ward and Jonathan Strange would issue statements on the board meeting, were these issued?

Are the club learning from any of the improved marketing and promotions which Wasps are applying for their own matches and will they be starting new marketing initiatives based off these learnings? If so, what are they?

The club has reduced the overheads costs, so why aren't these savings being passed onto the fans through reduced ticket prices? We are currently being served an inferior value product yet paying similar ticket prices.

dongonzalos

Not entirely sure about what you mean, they just bought 100% for 5.5 million so to offer them for example 10 million for 50% would be strange?

They inherited a 14 million pound loan for that deal.
How much would of had cost if you were just inheriting a 2 million loan. Also you need to create an incentive to wasps.
Also as long as it does cost more than half the cost of the new stadium. Less risk and more likely more FFP.

Noggin

How much would of had cost if you were just inheriting a 2 million loan. Also you need to create an incentive to wasps.
Also as long as it does cost more than half the cost of the new stadium. Less risk and more likely more FFP.

Buying half of ACL would get you half the loan too. But yes buying half the Ricoh even at a massively inflated price compared to wasps is much better than building a new stadium.

Ashdown

What would be the estimated debt CCFC will be in when the stadium is finished. I appreciate it will be estimated. Rough figure. Debt generated from stadium build plus current Debt.

What would be the estimated yearly repayments on Debt of that level

How does building the stadium lead to SISU's stated aim of recouping its investment. Ie what is the end goal.

Does the interest payments work against the income generated figure created by building a new stadium for FFP?

Say for example 10 million. Wasps could use the 10 million to clear most of the loan.
CCFC get 50% of ACL with only a 2 million loan so not indebted to what they call a risky loan at all. They also would have no concerns for Wasps business model as they would also only have a 2 million loan.

The risk of further lower crowds at a stadium outside the city dimishes.

Coventry get 50% of all ACL revenues but for two sporting events as oppose to one.

For Wasps the advantage is reducing their risk and keeping CCFC at the Ricoh long term.

More chance of the Euromillions jackpot than getting a straight answer to that lot mate !

steveecov

The original model for the Ricoh was a massive Vitesse Arnhem type stadium; having a retractable pitch.

OK there's no need for an increase in capacity, but could not some way be found for 2 types of surface.

Nick

Administrator

Surely buying half of ACL would get them half of the loan wouldn't it?

Noggin

This just further reinforces how stupid the new stadium plan is though. If half of ACL isn't worth 10mill, a 1/3rd of whatever of the new stadium sure as hell won't be. Of course it would be nuts to offer 10mil now rather than have offered a wasps beating deal at the time, however that time is passed and if the club wants to own a stadium buying into the ricoh is still the best option, so what appears to be nuts is still the best choice.

Sky Blue Pete

My understanding was that this group wasn't going to meet until progress had been made on the new stadium.

What is that progress?

dongonzalos

This just further reinforces how stupid the new stadium plan is though. If half of ACL isn't worth 10mill, a 1/3rd of whatever of the new stadium sure as hell won't be. Of course it would be nuts to offer 10mil now rather than have offered a wasps beating deal at the time, however that time is passed and if the club wants to own a stadium buying into the ricoh is still the best option, so what appears to be nuts is still the best choice.

That is exactly my point.

The three stumbling blocks.

SISU may not want to bid whilst part of their legal action claims the Wasps deal is not financially sound and is an unstable deal. So we may have to wait till a court says that is either not the case or not relevant.

SISU argue to is the loan that is the unstable bit. So if SISU make it a condition of the offer that the money is taken off the loan that problem is negated.

Wasps need a major incentive to do the deal so yes we must bid over the odds but still less that the cost of 50% of the debt inherited for a new stadium.

I feel however it is not really a case that wasps business model is dangerous for CCFC. I think it would be down to CCFC to convince Wasps about their ambitions and their plan to increase attendances.

If Wasps and CCFC are both successfully ACL could double its value over night.

dongonzalos

Surely buying half of ACL would get them half of the loan wouldn't it?

A condition of the deal would have to be Wasps use the money to clear most of the loan leaving Wasps and CCFC to halve the remaining loan In this hypothetical example 2 million each.

So for 10 million you get half of ACL and less than a 100k a year loan.

But Wasps and CCFC agree to share all ACL profits generated by both clubs.

At the same time share your marketing, shops, staff, physios training facilities etc reducing all you costs.

tisza

how about once and for all who would own the stadium? The football club or would we again be in a tenancy situation?
JS said in an interview a couple of years ago
“I am not concerned about the funding of a stadium. I’m reasonable comfortable that won’t be an issue.
Mrs Seppala said she anticipated the stadium would require 40pc equity (cash) with the rest borrowed, and added: “I have got people who are more than happy to fund that. I’m having discussions all the time with investors.” She said investors included wealthy families and financial institutions, including pension funds. Is this still the plan?

LB87ccfc

One Simple question - When are you going to advice you have been unsuccessful in finding a suitable place for the stadium you made up in your head and have conned the fans about for the past 18 months, some who still believe this utter dog shit of a lie, made up to unnerve / unsettle ACL which was then countered by the councils tactics of striking a deal with a Rugby Franchise, and will now look at striking a long term deal with our Franchise neighbors who undercut you and stole a march whilst you was too busy in the courts throwing your toys out as you got battered yourselves this time round?

Amazes me people still think the stadium is part of SISU's business plan. Its quite laughable really to think fans are still sucked into this ridiculous idea, its all smoke and mirrors wake up for god sake.

chiefdave

If the new stadium isn't off the table for this meeting could the club explain why the statement from Rugby council is so different from their version of events.

letsallsingtogether

I appreciate this is probably only an issue that annoys me but can they speak to ACL / Wasps and find a better way of doing the pitch markings. In the World Cup there was lots of talk of the grass being spray painted, can they do something like that to get rid of the rugby pitch markings for our matches. Makes me annoyed everytime I see them, it's like a constant reminder of the mess we're in.

Also, whilst I appreciate SISUs stance is we are moving out, can something be done in the meantime to give us equal billing, eg: our club crests being the same size as Wasps?
Funny you should mention the size of the crests but city wouldn't pay for bigger ones.
as usual you get what you pay for?.....

shy_tall_knight

Jan my main gripe isn't the performances or the results but the whole matchday experience at the Ricoh, especially post WASPS getting our stadium. The poor results and performances have lead to dwindling crowds which have impacted on the atmosphere what are the club going to do about bringing back the lost fans and improving the atmosphere.

Also that stall in the JSB area selling merchandise is an utter embarrassment and shows how low we have sunk,

shmmeee

1) Can we have flags? It's really stupid, but Wasps do it and it looks ace, plus kids love em. Free CCFC flags please.
2) Assuming we stay up, will next season's funding be in the same bracket (top 8)?
3) Can we have a pay monthly option back on season tickets please?

The original model for the Ricoh was a massive Vitesse Arnhem type stadium; having a retractable pitch.

OK there's no need for an increase in capacity, but could not some way be found for 2 types of surface.

I like this idea. We could have a bunk-pitch, with us on the bottom (due to the fact that the ball will never leave the ground under Mowbray, as we climb the leagues) and Wasps on the top? We'd probably fit both crowds in at the same time with no extra seating.

Skyblueweeman

Can you ask about Henry Winters article which refers to news today (apparently) that the club have confirmed a new complex with training facilities within 8 miles of the city centre and in the next 4/5 years?

Users who are viewing this thread