SCG Meeting (2 Viewers)

albatross

I would ask what are our targets regarding the 5 point plan especially on points 1 to 3 and what are they at the end of this season and next season at the very least. what are the measurements to ensure we are on track. I do not mean that we are planning appointed a new manager as a response , it is what is the target for this and next season

• Financially stable – with the over-riding aim to field a competitive team
• Aim to move to long term financial independence from the owner
• To have a fully integrated football model with the Academy being a cornerstone of the club model

I have included the academy i this as the club (SISU) have constantly boasted about this being a cornerstones and today in the CET it would appear the future is in question with only a 12 month rolling commitment to the Higgs facility which now requires an 80K refurb of the indoor facilities.

shmmeee

Can you ask about Henry Winters article which refers to news today (apparently) that the club have confirmed a new complex with training facilities within 8 miles of the city centre and in the next 4/5 years?

Is that the one that will be inside the ring road?

i think maybe the author of that article isn't paying a huge amount of attention to us.

AndreasB

The lifeblood of the club is season ticket holders.
What is the target number of Season tickets we want to sell next season (assuming League 1) and what strategy are we using to reach that target? Earlybird offers, pay monthly etc or more radical options?

ashbyjan

Thanks for all the questions - vast majority sensible and constructive - I will try and get as many as possible raised and answered. Just to add Tony Mowbray is scheduled to come to the SCG meeting so if anyone has any questions for him I may be able to ask them (no guarantees as it may just be a fleeting meet and greet visit with no chance for questions)

NorthernWisdom

Does the club have a strategy to combat the lack of confidence in it from its stakeholders?

With the majority of playing contracts ending the end of this season, plus the manager only contracted until then also, can the club reassure fans of an ongoing commitment to fund the club for 4-5 seasons?

Moving forward, and outside of matchdays, how does the club see its role in the Coventry community? Does it have any forthcoming initiatives to engage with the community?

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Does the club have a strategy to combat the lack of confidence in it from its stakeholders?

With the majority of playing contracts ending the end of this season, plus the manager only contracted until then also, can the club reassure fans of an ongoing commitment to fund the club for 4-5 seasons?

Moving forward, and outside of matchdays, how does the club see its role in the Coventry community? Does it have any forthcoming initiatives to engage with the community?

I would have thought that building a new stadium out of Coventry,would mean they see themselves as having no role in the Coventry community wouldn't you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John_Silletts_Nose

Thanks for all the questions - vast majority sensible and constructive - I will try and get as many as possible raised and answered. Just to add Tony Mowbray is scheduled to come to the SCG meeting so if anyone has any questions for him I may be able to ask them (no guarantees as it may just be a fleeting meet and greet visit with no chance for questions)

Specifically for Tony Mowbray, does he think that the Ricoh food outlets should start selling parmo?

torchomatic

Really? Is that true. I never knew that. Do you have a link?

Funny you should mention the size of the crests but city wouldn't pay for bigger ones.
as usual you get what you pay for?.....

ashbyjan

What is the player recruitment policy now ie loans, short term contracts etc. bearing in mind the new manager who I believe will take little shite and if buggeed about wouldn't hesitate to do another Mark Robins.

MOwbray will be allowed to make changes within the current budget structure - ie to bring in someone has to go out

ashbyjan

I appreciate this is probably only an issue that annoys me but can they speak to ACL / Wasps and find a better way of doing the pitch markings. In the World Cup there was lots of talk of the grass being spray painted, can they do something like that to get rid of the rugby pitch markings for our matches. Makes me annoyed everytime I see them, it's like a constant reminder of the mess we're in.

Also, whilst I appreciate SISUs stance is we are moving out, can something be done in the meantime to give us equal billing, eg: our club crests being the same size as Wasps?

The pitch marking issue is being discussed with ACL as the club have noted the football ones are well covered during rugby matches but not so well when its the other way round. The whole pitch is under discussion but both teams will have to bare with this temporary one until a brand new one is put down in the summer.

ashbyjan

how about once and for all who would own the stadium? The football club or would we again be in a tenancy situation?
JS said in an interview a couple of years ago
“I am not concerned about the funding of a stadium. I’m reasonable comfortable that won’t be an issue.
Mrs Seppala said she anticipated the stadium would require 40pc equity (cash) with the rest borrowed, and added: “I have got people who are more than happy to fund that. I’m having discussions all the time with investors.” She said investors included wealthy families and financial institutions, including pension funds. Is this still the plan?

Stated position is that stadium will be owned by a separated but associated company

ashbyjan

If the new stadium isn't off the table for this meeting could the club explain why the statement from Rugby council is so different from their version of events.

Tim Fisher insisted that meetings took place and he didn't understand how councils reported officers meetings internally but didn't want to make an issue of it as that might embarass Rugby council and they want to be able to work in cooperation with them in the future. Also stated that the rejection of the Coventry Gateway plan by Eric Pickles was a setback for the plans.

ashbyjan

Jan my main gripe isn't the performances or the results but the whole matchday experience at the Ricoh, especially post WASPS getting our stadium. The poor results and performances have lead to dwindling crowds which have impacted on the atmosphere what are the club going to do about bringing back the lost fans and improving the atmosphere.

Also that stall in the JSB area selling merchandise is an utter embarrassment and shows how low we have sunk,

Overall feeling was that once thins improve on the pitch things will feel better off it - more wins more fans etc. Club admits stall is not ideal but do not have resources (ie a van and personnel) to move substantial amounts of merchandise from Gallagher to Ricoh and, despite size of it, there is actually little storage space at the Ricoh

ashbyjan

Sorry that couldn't get answers to all questions but large part of meeting time was taken with SCG being introduced to Mowbray and Tim Fisher trying to explain financial results. Minutes of meeting will be issued on club website, Trust website and CovMad websites in due course.

dongonzalos

Tim Fisher insisted that meetings took place and he didn't understand how councils reported officers meetings internally but didn't want to make an issue of it as that might embarass Rugby council and they want to be able to work in cooperation with them in the future. Also stated that the rejection of the Coventry Gateway plan by Eric Pickles was a setback for the plans.

Coventry Airport.

dongonzalos

Sorry that couldn't get answers to all questions but large part of meeting time was taken with SCG being introduced to Mowbray and Tim Fisher trying to explain financial results. Minutes of meeting will be issued on club website, Trust website and CovMad websites in due course.

I assume there was not an opportunity to ask questions along the line of...

If the club currently have 30-40 million debt. How much will it be once a new stadium is built? (70-80 million?)

If the current interest is about 1.5 million will that effectively double? Does the interest charged affect FFP?

Once the stadium is built what is SISU's end game for getting their investment back as this will now presumedly mean getting 70-80 million back not 30-40 million?

Grendel

I assume there was not an opportunity to ask questions along the line of...

If the club currently have 30-40 million debt. How much will it be once a new stadium is built? (70-80 million?)

If the current interest is about 1.5 million will that effectively double? Does the interest charged affect FFP?

Once the stadium is built what is SISU's end game for getting their investment back as this will now presumedly mean getting 70-80 million back not 30-40 million?

Why keep droning on about the stadium?

The answer has been given a million times.

ashbyjan

The financial case/burden for the stadium has never been explained except that its always justified by "need all revenues because of SCMP/FFP". It has been pointed out to Tim Fisher that this would be a good starting point. He has promised a conference call in next few days to answer questions about the recently published accounts - will try and get some input into what to ask from OSB and Godiva as they seem to be our resident account gurus!

dongonzalos

Why keep droning on about the stadium?

The answer has been given a million times.

Brilliant apologies I missed
Million times and I bloody missed it so sorry Grendal please

Roughly what did the club say will be the interest we will be paying yearly once the stadium is built?

Does that interest get taken into consideration for FFP?

Once it is built how then will SISU get their new debt level of around 70-80 million back?

I can't believe I missed the satisfactory answers to this questions a million times.

Please go on Grendel the floor is yours....

Last edited:

dongonzalos

The financial case/burden for the stadium has never been explained except that its always justified by "need all revenues because of SCMP/FFP". It has been pointed out to Tim Fisher that this would be a good starting point. He has promised a conference call in next few days to answer questions about the recently published accounts - will try and get some input into what to ask from OSB and Godiva as they seem to be our resident account gurus!

That's great thanks Jan I know it's never been answered or explained hence why it is critical to ask.

It is a very poignant time to ask now that we know the correct debt level. We can pin the question down to 'with the existing debt level plus the new investment.' What will the yearly interest be and how in the long run do SISU get their money back?

Users who are viewing this thread