SBT Open Meeting for the Ricoh (2 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
On a serious note I am happy to help him out with anything if needed! If he wants to sign up here or PM me his email :)

Nick

Administrator
Again, people too obsessed with Fisher. Timmy this, Timmy that. Photoshops, posting his home address.

It's what the Trust need to distance themselves from rather than including them.

chiefdave

I know members of the electorate other than the trust have contacted Jim Cunningham asking if there's any assistance he can provide. Why has Johnson made the assumption that Cunningham speaking about this issue is solely down to himself and the Trust? Its exactly that kind of back slapping that puts people off.

And why the dig at Fisher? How does that help things? We all know what Fisher is like, but not being able to make a statement or tweet without mentioning him is, at best unprofessional, but seems more like a weird obsession.

Nick

Administrator
I know members of the electorate other than the trust have contacted Jim Cunningham asking if there's any assistance he can provide. Why has Johnson made the assumption that Cunningham speaking about this issue is solely down to himself and the Trust? Its exactly that kind of back slapping that puts people off.

And why the dig at Fisher? How does that help things? We all know what Fisher is like, but not being able to make a statement or tweet without mentioning him is, at best unprofessional, but seems more like a weird obsession.

Don't you mean Timmy? Probably the same reason why they retweet themselves between each other.

The bloke openly lied to the press about why he doesn't go to games as well which was a bit weird. "I can't sit by my friends unless I buy a season ticket so I won't go"

You would think he would check before missing out on watching his team play wouldn't you?

clint van damme

Again, people too obsessed with Fisher. Timmy this, Timmy that. Photoshops, posting his home address.

It's what the Trust need to distance themselves from rather than including them.

Fair play to the trust, they've done some good work here, but other fans group issued statements, individuals e-mailed local politicians and Councillors, but it's more important to this roaster that he gets in the limelight and is seen as better than everyone else.
How anyone can question the mentioning of ego in this thread when they see shit like this is beyond me.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
You know what worries me more than the twitter postings, is reading the ' from the boardroom' and getting the increasing feeling that those at the club haven't got a clue how to get out of this.

Very few, particularly those that make the decisions, are listening to what Boddy & Fisher are saying. Their lips are moving, they are saying some of the stuff necessary but it carries no real weight. The fans do not seem energised by the threat to our future

There is no coordinated plan coming from the club other than to get the fans into small groups across the area. That is good in some ways in that you could argue it creates more links with the club but it could also be seen as divide and conquer.

stumbling towards disaster at the moment

Nick

Administrator
Fair play to the trust, they've done some good work here, but other fans group issued statements, individuals e-mailed local politicians and Councillors, but it's more important to this roaster that he gets in the limelight and is seen as better than everyone else.
How anyone can question the mentioning of ego in this thread when they see shit like this is beyond me.

It was the same when he was giving it loads with the digs at other fans groups like the Leamington one making out they support the legal action etc.

He represents absolutely nobody but makes out he does.

Otis

Ok this has been bugging me recently........

Some of the comments made about the Trust on this website have been shameful, and make you wonder as to purpose. I am all for good debate and people having an opinion they can voice, however character assassination is not something i personally want part of. There seems to be a lot of "timely" focus on an organisation and its leadership that are not in a position to change anything, only to challenge. Yet next to nothing of any importance is done about SISU & Wasps or even CCC.

Often see it said the Trust Board are in it for their own ends, for their sense of ego, for their own agenda. It is voluntary so i wonder what it is they gain other than lost time, frustration, insults and a sense of why the hell do i bother. Certainly the personal bashing here and other places engenders no sense of greater ego i can see, quite the reverse. "They want a seat at the club board", really, read the info on club ownership on their site they wont own the shares, and a fans representative doesn't have to be a board member of the Trust. "They want to run the club" again the info on the website says they would like fans to have a minority interest and the club to be run by professional sports orientated people. The club will be run by whoever has the majority stake, the Trust wants the fans to have a proper say though.

Yes the Trust do make mistakes, who doesn't. Not really a revelation, and those 'mistakes' are actually in large part only someones differing opinion that is voiced here or other places. The Trust are amateurs, yes for me some of their PR is too emotive and too slanted against the owners, but it doesn't mean they do not care.

The worrying thing is that the bile on all sides will only increase the nearer we get to the end of the season if no solution is found. No doubt a whole lot of that bile will be sent the Trust's way

No disrespect meant to those who put forward a reasoned argument, but i find some of what is said and claimed poor at best.

If something is claimed as fact on here, my advice would be to find out for yourself - just to be clear even on my own postings.

Just my opinion - I wont be arguing about it
Well said, OSB. Totally agree.

clint van damme

Well said, OSB. Totally agree.

you only have to look at the post from Fernando Otis to realise some of those criticisms are valid.
I know there are people in the trust working really hard in their spare time but they need to disassociate themselves from idiots like that who are doing more than most to divide the fan base.

clint van damme

You know what worries me more than the twitter postings, is reading the ' from the boardroom' and getting the increasing feeling that those at the club haven't got a clue how to get out of this.

Very few, particularly those that make the decisions, are listening to what Boddy & Fisher are saying. Their lips are moving, they are saying some of the stuff necessary but it carries no real weight. The fans do not seem energised by the threat to our future

There is no coordinated plan coming from the club other than to get the fans into small groups across the area. That is good in some ways in that you could argue it creates more links with the club but it could also be seen as divide and conquer.

stumbling towards disaster at the moment

to be fair OSB58, while not disagreeing with your comments I haven't heard one person claim that Boddy has any significant influence over what goes on with regard to major decisions regarding the future of the club.

I think most, if not all, know he's fairly impotent in that regard.

Otis

you only have to look at the post from Fernando Otis to realise some of those criticisms are valid.
I know there are people in the trust working really hard in their spare time but they need to disassociate themselves from idiots like that who are doing more than most to divide the fan base.
There are loads of throw away 'The Trust's not fit for purpose' comments though and loads just totally dismissing them out of hand, never, ever giving them any credit at all.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
to be fair OSB58, while not disagreeing with your comments I haven't heard one person claim that Boddy has any significant influence over what goes on with regard to major decisions regarding the future of the club.

I think most, if not all, know he's fairly impotent in that regard.

Have never said he has CVD.... with such a grave threat i just expect a more coordinated and energised plan to what he can do thats all.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director

I think you have to include all elements, harness the energy and point it in the right directions. There will be good stuff that those elements offer but that wont get focused on. There will also be a sizeable group of people who agree with the extremism. I do think some of the lines have blurred and the Trust needs to get back to acting more professionally and as one body. Those who are actually Board members must all act appropriately

clint van damme

There are loads of throw away 'The Trust's not fit for purpose' comments though and loads just totally dismissing them out of hand, never, ever giving them any credit at all.

I have praised them in this thread Otis, (I know people in the trust who work really hard for nothing), Nick is always praising Moz and CJ but sometimes the criticism is warranted, and stuff like the tweet Fernando puts up really pisses me off.
People like that do nothing but divide the fanbase.

clint van damme

I think you have to include all elements, harness the energy and point it in the right directions. There will be good stuff that those elements offer but that wont get focused on. There will also be a sizeable group of people who agree with the extremism. I do think some of the lines have blurred and the Trust needs to get back to acting more professionally and as one body. Those who are actually Board members must act appropriately

Totally agree OSB58.

Nick

Administrator
I think you have to include all elements, harness the energy and point it in the right directions. There will be good stuff that those elements offer but that wont get focused on. There will also be a sizeable group of people who agree with the extremism. I do think some of the lines have blurred and the Trust needs to get back to acting more professionally and as one body. Those who are actually Board members must act appropriately

To be fair, there is also a sizeable group that also believe that ticket money is going to SISU and that Joy is taking out 76p of every pound that the fans put in. This is because the extremist people are pushing it over and over again.

What is the point of CJ trying his best to speak to fans, take things on board when others on the board then just completely disregard it and then just make things up / post silly things / completely undermine the good things.

Of course there are good things, the quiz night for the legacy fund for example. When the Trust gave some left over money raised to the family zone etc are a couple of examples. Then when you include people who call ST holders "nobs" etc it makes it all a bit silly when the majority if Trust members are likely to be ST holders.

The issue then is that nothing is taken on board. After trying the quiet "look mate, this bloke is going to completely ruin the good things you do" and getting nowhere it's "what's the point?". It is clear that there is no interest in taking in any feedback. It's as if people who aren't shouting SISU OUT every 5 minutes or giving it #SISUOUT are a different species that can't be understood.

Nick

Administrator
Don't you think sometimes we let ourselves get divided too, though?

Sometimes it's easy to focus on the margins, and not on the core. This meeting is actually a chance to show that we're united in the core message, if nothing else.

It depends really.

I can sit and bicker on here with people like LAST or CJ all day every day and completely relate to them even I don't agree with things they are saying. I can relate to Moz, sometimes I can even relate to Tony.

There are certain people I really can't relate to in the slightest and neither can other people by the looks of it. This is the issue.

clint van damme

Don't you think sometimes we let ourselves get divided too, though?

Sometimes it's easy to focus on the margins, and not on the core. This meeting is actually a chance to show that we're united in the core message, if nothing else.

good point NW. But unfortunately in all walks of life 1 or 2 wrong uns can cause carnage for the majority.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
But i seem to remember a very well known football finance expert saying the 76p in the £ stuff ....... why wouldn't the ordinary fan not believe him. Thats why i started posting here and on the BBC site to correct inaccuracies that i felt were being put forward.

To be honest when i have contacted the Trust on things i haven't had much trouble in getting my point across and it being understood. I dont expect them to act on everything i ask or to agree with everything i say. But i do understand your particular frustrations

As for the name calling, frankly i dont care if someone is extreme in view or not, on the other side of the fence or sees things differently is here or on twitter............ it is not necessary and to my mind loses someone any credible argument - i tend to ignore their content which is a shame because often there is something useful buried in the rest of the crap

Nick

Administrator
But i seem to remember a very well known football finance expert saying the 76p in the £ stuff ....... why wouldn't the ordinary fan not believe him. Thats why i started posting here and on the BBC site to correct inaccuracies that i felt were being put forward.

To be honest when i have contacted the Trust on things i haven't had much trouble in getting my point across and it being understood. I dont expect them to act on everything i ask or to agree with everything i say. But i do understand your particular frustrations

As for the name calling, frankly i dont care if someone is extreme in view or not, on the other side of the fence or sees things differently is here or on twitter............ it is not necessary and to my mind loses someone any credible argument - i tend to ignore their content which is a shame because often there is something useful buried in the rest of the crap

Oh I do get that if I suggest something it isn't going to be "Nick has said this, we must drop everything and do has he says". It's not how it works and I think people understand that, it's just the straight up ignorance and then you have other board members pipe up so you can fully see why nothing that is said by either me or others on here will get taken onboard.

Considering the person who is pushing the "SISU take all the money" stuff was involved in running a football club himself you would think he would have a clue. It's one of the reasons I suggested to the Trust something to at least try and cut some of that out and get the facts there with a Q and A. That was just one example of purposely trying to mislead which isn't really needed or helpful. We can use the season ticket holders being "nobs" as another one which doesn't really sit well either.

This is where it leaves CJ for example in a rock hard place, he is on here at least trying to listen and pass things on. He's effectively thrown under the bus while others behind him try and throw bricks over his shoulder.

Nick

Administrator
Decent statement from moz on the news. Just pointed out the fans are concerned with no ranty nonsense. Simple and to the point!

letsallsingtogether

Decent statement from moz on the news. Just pointed out the fans are concerned with no ranty nonsense. Simple and to the point!
Tbh don't think I've ever heard Moz ranting.
Even when he raises his voice he always sound calm.

Users who are viewing this thread