SBT Open Meeting for the Ricoh (1 Viewer)

letsallsingtogether

How is it going out of my way?

My agenda is ccfc as I said before.

What's the agenda of somebody who works for the council and calls season ticket holders nobs? What's their agenda that they make things up to try and mislead fans?

It's worrying you struggle with the point. As long as people shout sisu you will follow.

There is no decent reply, all that's said is "we will look into it". You have other board members giving it loads on social media and being made to look so silly they have to delete their account.

That's my point when I say some board members do great stuff, are relatable and discuss things. Others stand behind them throwing in grenades to disrupt that.

It's probably time you start looking closer to home for agendas rather than just applauding people because they shout sisu over and over. Instead of moaning at me for pointing it out, maybe have a look into what I'm saying and do something about it?

If I was heavily involved with sisu and you pointed this out. Who would be the one with the agenda, me or you?

I have never hidden my agenda.
You on one other hand come up with the mine is CCFC yet do absolutely nothing but slag everyone and anything they try to do, dig into their private lives and post it all over the net.
edited for you
Thats what GMK did only one side of the arguement was allowed....
What happened to that site exactly.......

Nick

Administrator
I have never hidden my agenda.
You on one other hand come up with the mine is CCFC yet do absolutely nothing but slag everyone and anything they try to do, dig into their private lives and post it all over the net.

Thats what GMK did only one side of the arguement was allowed....
What happened to that site exactly.......

When have I said anything about your personal agenda? If anything if you want to go through my posts when I may have mentioned it I have made a point of using you as an example of somebody being straight down the line.

Where have I dug into anybody's private life? I have posted something that is relevant to the situation of CCFC and is related to that. It took less than 5 minutes and google to see that. I was interested to see who it was that popped up everytime somebody mentioned the council with a new social media account and tried to give it loads about this site and the people on it.

What sides of stories aren't allowed? I must have missed all of your posts being removed.

I have pointed out somebody heavily involved in the trust is actively trying to mislead fans, giving out false information purposely. If it makes you feel better to have a go at me for pointing it out then crack on.

letsallsingtogether

When have I said anything about your personal agenda? If anything if you want to go through my posts when I may have mentioned it I have made a point of using you as an example of somebody being straight down the line.

Where have I dug into anybody's private life? I have posted something that is relevant to the situation of CCFC and is related to that. It took less than 5 minutes and google to see that.

What sides of stories aren't allowed? I must have missed all of your posts being removed.
Not on about me.

Look how you are all hounding that Ellis accusing him of being a pedo.
Did it to Steve Brown accusing him of being a Racist need I go on.

Thing is why?
I wouldn't dream of doing all that shit discrediting people their families might read posts on here.

As for deleting posts I was replying to a comment on GMK not SBT

Nick

Administrator
Not on about me.

Look how you are all hounding that Ellis accusing him of being a pedo.
Did it to Steve Brown accusing him of being a Racist need I go on.

Thing is why?
I wouldn't dream of doing all that shit discrediting people their families might read posts on here.

As for deleting posts I was replying to a comment on GMK not SBT

I haven't mentioned anything about Ellis and I don't think anybody has called him a Pedo but have about something that happened that was in the public eye. I do think it is relevant about him being in charge of a council though.
You also know full well that when the stuff happened with Steve Brown I made sure it was sorted as it was obvious AndreasB wasn't a city fan. They were banned and I think all of the posts about that were removed so they weren't shown in Google. I couldn't get hold of Steve so I sent you a PM asking what you thought on how to deal with it so that it wouldn't affect him on a personal level / his business etc as you know him and were online at the time.

I fully agree with you when it is to do with families, I am mentioning somebody from the Trust and their actions when it is related to CCFC. I am mentioning stuff they are making up to do with CCFC. The things I am pointing out are relevant to the topic and what it's about. The same way with Steve I bickered with him about CCFC.

Liquid Gold

It would be nice to see the trust do something constructive for a change. A decent trust would be able to act as mediation or something as they just have the club's best interest at heart. I genuinely believe that our trust would rather the club die and start again if it meant Sisu went than do anything meaningful to help our situation now. they shout Sisu and nothing else, it's petulant and unhelpful.

"Are you listening Tim and Joy" - honestly does anybody think that is something worthwhile for them to be doing at this stage?

clint van damme

It would be nice to see the trust do something constructive for a change. A decent trust would be able to act as mediation or something as they just have the club's best interest at heart. I genuinely believe that our trust would rather the club die and start again if it meant Sisu went than do anything meaningful to help our situation now. they shout Sisu and nothing else, it's petulant and unhelpful.

"Are you listening Tim and Joy" - honestly does anybody think that is something worthwhile for them to be doing at this stage?

I think they do do some stuff in the background that's constructive and appreciate that they sometimes are privy to information that can't be publicised. But I also think that sometimes they keep some stuff to themselves because it appeals to their ego to be in the know.
That may not be the case but it's just the impression I get.

Liquid Gold

I do feel for CJ, he comes on here and communicates, says things like 'I'll pass that on' and 'that will be noted' and then the trust just carry on as normal. Either he's mugging us off (I don't think that at all) or they're mugging him off.

NorthernWisdom

I think they do do some stuff in the background that's constructive and appreciate that they sometimes are privy to information that can't be publicised. But I also think that sometimes they keep some stuff to themselves because it appeals to their ego to be in the know.
That may not be the case but it's just the impression I get.
I'd say their biggest issue is PR tbh. They really need somebody who works for a PR company to have the time and inclination to help them out. I appreciate getting that for free is easier said than done...

Liquid Gold

I'd say their biggest issue is PR tbh. They really need somebody who works for a PR company to have the time and inclination to help them out. I appreciate getting that for free is easier said than done...
It would help if they didn't restrict themselves with the silly £1 for life membership thing. I'd happily pay £10 a year to be a member of a decent functioning trust that enables them to invest in a bit of PR assistance. It would also give their claim of being the biggest fan group more clout.

Nick

Administrator
I do feel for CJ, he comes on here and communicates, says things like 'I'll pass that on' and 'that will be noted' and then the trust just carry on as normal. Either he's mugging us off (I don't think that at all) or they're mugging him off.

It's also a point I've tried to make.

While he is trying to take things onboard and be a link between here (and other fans) and the Trust you have others throwing bombs. What's the point in him wasting his time with fans on here if fellow board members say that views from people on here are irrelevant or give it the "skybluestalkbollox" nonsense.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
summary of some of the Trust activities in 2018 from their website

Please find a brief summary of the key meetings/actions undertaken by The Sky Blue Trust in 2018.

Jan 18 Reply received from Dave Boddy , CCFC CEO re 17/18 Countdown to Homelessness E Mail. No new infornation to advise.
Jan18 FOI ( Freedom of Information) response received from Coventry City Council re potential move to Butts Park Arena. Advised that no discussions/meetings with CCFC,CRFC or anyone acting on their behalf.
Jan 18 Coventry MP's contacted, Geoffrey Robinson, Colleen Fletcher and Jim Cunningham asking what steps being taken to avoid homelessness for CCFC. Response from Jim Cunningham, suggesting meeting with Chris Heaton Harris ( which we'd already done in late 2017). Response from Colleen Fletcher offering support.
Jan 18 Warwickshire MP's contacted. Caroline Spelman, Marcus Jones, Jeremy Wright, Mark Pawsey,Zahawi,Tracey and Matt Western. Also Chris Heaton Harris.
Jan 18 Damian Collins MP chair of Culture, Media and Sport Select Committee contacted and asked to intervene.
Jan 18 Discussions with senior EFL officials, to update them on situation and seek their views on next steps. Guarded response.
Jan18 E Mail to Martin Reeve,CEO, Cov CC, CCFC and Wasps RFC asking for info on mediation process. Martin Reeve responded to advise mediator confirmed and procesd to take place March 5 to 28th.
Jan 18 Mark Pawsey MP raised issue in House of Commons following our earlier intervention. Mark Pawsey, Caroline Spelman and Matt Western replied offering support. Jan 18 Moz Baker attended inaugural CCFC Supporters Forum meeting.
Jan 18 Met with Jim Cunningham, Marcus Jones and Chris Heaton-Harries
Feb 18 Discussion with Ashley Brown, Supporters Direct
Feb 18 Meeting with Gary Hoffman consortium.
Feb 18 Parliamentary Debate led by Marcus Jones attended by Moz Baker and David Johnson, also met Jeremy Wright (MP for Kenilworth & Southam, then Attorney General now Sec of State for DCMS)
Mar 18 Question issued to Shaun Harvey,CEO,EFL,ahead of EFL meeting. Asking for set of rules and controls to meet concerns of fans re poor leadership and ineffective financial controls.
Mar 18 Trust made representations to Inspector into Rugby Borough Council local plan suggesting strengthened wording of policy re Ryton, requiring training facilities - not just “pitches” - to be replaced prior to any redevelopment. Wording subsequently accepted.
April 18 Moz Baker attended CCFC Supporters Forum meeting.
April 18 Tracey Crouch ,then Sports Minister in contact with Trust,keen to find out how supporters groups were consulted by clubs.
April 18 Greg Clarke FA Chairman (via local MP's Cunningham and Jones) sharing concerns re stadium issues and outlined FA regulations in place.
May 18 Quiz held to raise funds for Jimmy Hill Legacy Fund.
May 18 Trust promotional stand at Earlsdon Festival.
May 18 Dave Boddy Open meeting staged at Ricoh.
May 18 Discussions with senior EFL officials, urging the need for a long-term solution to the ground issue - in Coventry.
July 18 Meeting with Gary Hoffman consortium.
July 18 Bruce Walker attended CCFC Supporters Forum meeting.
Oct 18 Dave Boddy reply to Countdown to Homelessness 18/19 letter referring to club statement issued earlier that month.
Oct 18 Nick Eastwood Wasps RFC reply to Countdown 18/19 letter unable to comment further due to confidentiality issues.
Oct 18 Regulating English Football meeting chaired by Tom Greatrex (SD) panel included Damian Collins MP attended and contributed to by David Johnson.
Oct 18 Meeting with Unite Community area and regional officials with a view to getting access to Union Officials of Unite and TUC at regional level.
Nov 18 Moz Baker informal meeting with Dave Boddy. Updated re stadium issues.
Nov 18 Further discussions with Senior EFL officials, enquiring about latest position and timescale
Dec 18 Wrote to Nick Eastwood Wasps CEO requesting urgent meeting.
Dec 18 Trust reps meeting with Dave Boddy/Mark Hornby further discussion re stadium issues.
Dec 18 Moz Baker attended CCFC Supporters Forum meeting.
Dec 18 Quiz held to raise funds for Jimmy Hill Legacy Fund.

We have also written on the 4th January to the following MP's, Jim Cunningham, Jeremy Wright, Marcus Jones, Dame Caroline Spelman, Matt Western, Mark Pawsey, Geoffrey Robinson, Nadim Zahawi, Chris Heaton Harris, Craig Tracey and Colleen Fletcher as part of our Countdown to Homelessness 18/19 campaign to ask for their support. We have already received a number of positive responses.

You also have to factor in that they may well have requested more meetings etc but it doesn't mean for whatever reason the other party has granted that meeting. No doubt this will encourage more berating :banghead:

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
It would help if they didn't restrict themselves with the silly £1 for life membership thing. I'd happily pay £10 a year to be a member of a decent functioning trust that enables them to invest in a bit of PR assistance. It would also give their claim of being the biggest fan group more clout.

I'd also chuck more in like that.

You would think there must be city fans who work in PR who could spare a couple of hours a month for advice / planning.

NorthernWisdom

Jan 18 Coventry MP's contacted, Geoffrey Robinson, Colleen Fletcher and Jim Cunningham asking what steps being taken to avoid homelessness for CCFC. Response from Jim Cunningham, suggesting meeting with Chris Heaton Harris ( which we'd already done in late 2017). Response from Colleen Fletcher offering support.
As an aside... significant that the former majority shareholder and former Chairman is the only one not to respond?

clint van damme

I think they're going to change it, was talking to someone from the trust Saturday and said something similar and the impression I got was there would be changes though he didn't go into detail.

covboy1987

In my opinion and many more, the ones that may back down on the current riders and runners are the EFL and allow us to play outside the City - That will not be acceptable as we may as well fold as I will not entertain going out of the city - enough is enough

clint van damme

In my opinion and many more, the ones that may back down on the current riders and runners are the EFL and allow us to play outside the City - That will not be acceptable as we may as well fold as I will not entertain going out of the city - enough is enough

the general consensus I'm getting is another year long deal. No way to run a club but probably the best we can hope for in the circumstances.

NorthernWisdom

the general consensus I'm getting is another year long deal. No way to run a club but probably the best we can hope for in the circumstances.
Problem is (and tbh in a purely financial sense, I'm not averse to a year deal) is crisis fatigue.

We had it previously, where the pre-SISU board kept having serious issues and, from a strong start, the fan passion ebbed away. Northampton (sort of!) fired the fans up, but then it all ebbed away. Likewise, if we get tied into a perpetual will we have a ground or not, eventually all parties will take it for granted.

And *that's* when it gets dangerous.

Last edited:

Irish Sky Blue

If this were true, at least it could mean that this round of legal action would be over with this time next year. (Hopefully, possibly, maybe).

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Ok this has been bugging me recently........

Some of the comments made about the Trust on this website have been shameful, and make you wonder as to purpose. I am all for good debate and people having an opinion they can voice, however character assassination is not something i personally want part of. There seems to be a lot of "timely" focus on an organisation and its leadership that are not in a position to change anything, only to challenge. Yet next to nothing of any importance is done about SISU & Wasps or even CCC.

Often see it said the Trust Board are in it for their own ends, for their sense of ego, for their own agenda. It is voluntary so i wonder what it is they gain other than lost time, frustration, insults and a sense of why the hell do i bother. Certainly the personal bashing here and other places engenders no sense of greater ego i can see, quite the reverse. "They want a seat at the club board", really, read the info on club ownership on their site they wont own the shares, and a fans representative doesn't have to be a board member of the Trust. "They want to run the club" again the info on the website says they would like fans to have a minority interest and the club to be run by professional sports orientated people. The club will be run by whoever has the majority stake, the Trust wants the fans to have a proper say though.

Yes the Trust do make mistakes, who doesn't. Not really a revelation, and those 'mistakes' are actually in large part only someones differing opinion that is voiced here or other places. The Trust are amateurs, yes for me some of their PR is too emotive and too slanted against the owners, but it doesn't mean they do not care.

The worrying thing is that the bile on all sides will only increase the nearer we get to the end of the season if no solution is found. No doubt a whole lot of that bile will be sent the Trust's way

No disrespect meant to those who put forward a reasoned argument, but i find some of what is said and claimed poor at best.

If something is claimed as fact on here, my advice would be to find out for yourself - just to be clear even on my own postings.

Just my opinion - I wont be arguing about it

Last edited:

clint van damme

Problem is (and tbh in a purely financial sense, I'm not averse to a year deal) is crisis fatigue.

We had it previously, where the pre-SISU board kept having serious issues and, from a strong start, the fan passion ebbed away. Northampton (sort of!) fired the fans up, but then it all ebbed away. Likewise, if we get tied into a perpetual will we have a ground or nopt, eventually all parties will take it for granted.

totally agree, there is bound to come a time when we don't get an extension and the longer wasps are here the more likely it is.
I think the embarrassment the city would feel driving out its football club in the year it is city of sport will be a big factor this time round.

NorthernWisdom

totally agree, there is bound to come a time when we don't get an extension and the longer wasps are here the more likely it is.
I think the embarrassment the city would feel driving out its football club in the year it is city of sport will be a big factor this time round.
My bigger fear is what happens the year after? City of Culture ought to save us...

But how about five years time?

Fans will think here we go again, no action taken (not even an open meeting to invite interested parties, and show depth of feeling) and then the club disappears with barely a whimper.

And... tbh if that were the case, we wouldn't really have any comeback in expecting our local authority to help out, etc.

In many ways, the death by a thousand cuts is worse than the short sharp shock. At least with the latter, people notice!

Irish Sky Blue

Surely at some time in the next five years Sisu have to have gone? Would that be 15 or 16 years as owners? At the moment I would think the Maddison money is saving them from having to prop the club up. At some stage however you would think that they would have to start digging deep again. Why would they hold on to something that is costing them more money with little hope of a return? All legal avenues will surely have run there course by then. Will they still be hanging on waiting for Wasps to fail?
Once they are gone then all sorts of possibilities should open up for the club including having a council that should be sympathetic to the needs of CCFC.

NorthernWisdom

Surely at some time in the next five years Sisu have to have gone?
But then that's been said since they turned up!

Knowing our luck, Seppala will end up a pioneer of cryogenic freezing and regeneration, and come the year 2119 she's be wheeling around like Davros, still in charge of SISU, still controlling our football club!

As an aside, my fear is if/when SISU go, that politically (small p) we'll be nudged into a Wasps deal whether that's best for the club or not... and due to SISU antagonising just about everybody, there'll be no constructive debate as to what actually *is* the best thing for the club.

Nick

Administrator
Ok this has been bugging me recently........

Some of the comments made about the Trust on this website have been shameful, and make you wonder as to purpose. I am all for good debate and people having an opinion they can voice, however character assassination is not something i personally want part of. There seems to be a lot of "timely" focus on an organisation and its leadership that are not in a position to change anything, only to challenge. Yet next to nothing of any importance is done about SISU & Wasps or even CCC.

Often see it said the Trust Board are in it for their own ends, for their sense of ego, for their own agenda. It is voluntary so i wonder what it is they gain other than lost time, frustration, insults and a sense of why the hell do i bother. Certainly the personal bashing here and other places engenders no sense of greater ego i can see, quite the reverse. "They want a seat at the club board", really, read the info on club ownership on their site they wont own the shares, and a fans representative doesn't have to be a board member of the Trust. "They want to run the club" again the info on the website says they would like fans to have a minority interest and the club to be run by professional sports orientated people. The club will be run by whoever has the majority stake, the Trust wants the fans to have a proper say though.

Yes the Trust do make mistakes, who doesn't. Not really a revelation, and those mistakes are actually in large part only someones differing opinion that is voiced here or other places. The Trust are amateurs, yes for me some of their PR is too emotive and too slanted against the owners, but it doesn't mean they do not care.

The worrying thing is that the bile on all sides will only increase the nearer we get to the end of the season if no solution is found. No doubt a whole lot of that bile will be sent the Trust's way

No disrespect meant to those who put forward a reasoned argument, but i find some of what is said and claimed poor at best.

If something is claimed as fact on here, my advice would be to find out for yourself - just to be clear even on my own postings.

Just my opinion - I wont be arguing about it

I don't think it's right to say everybody on the Trust Board is the same collectively.

The issue is when people like Moz, CJ and others get tarred with the same brush as other people, that isn't right and have tried to make that point. When you can relate to a couple of them and have a discussion but then another couple don't seem to know how and just make things up and shout as much as they can it completely undoes anything that CJ does on here to discuss things.

You have Moz who is a Season Ticket holder and somebody else going on that Season Ticker holders are "nobs". You have CJ trying to discuss things on here properly and take things on board, then another board member going on about how people's views on here are irrelevant. You have Trust statements saying that they want to stand with the CCFC community and then people throwing shite around at other fans groups.

It's as if there's not much communication or a Jekyll / Hyde situation.

chiefdave

We had it previously, where the pre-SISU board kept having serious issues and, from a strong start, the fan passion ebbed away. Northampton (sort of!) fired the fans up, but then it all ebbed away. Likewise, if we get tied into a perpetual will we have a ground or not, eventually all parties will take it for granted.

The obvious option all round would be a rolling one year deal or the current, or very similar, terms with either side being able to give 12 months notice. Then at some point when all this shit is over something more permanent can be sorted.

Boddy has enough to do running a football club without having to go through this every year.

NorthernWisdom

The obvious option all round would be a rolling one year deal or the current, or very similar, terms with either side being able to give 12 months notice. Then at some point when all this shit is over something more permanent can be sorted.
I'd agree, that'd be great.

Reckon we'd have the 'will they push the button?' crisis every year instead, then?

chiefdave

Some of the comments made about the Trust on this website have been shameful, and make you wonder as to purpose. I am all for good debate and people having an opinion they can voice, however character assassination is not something i personally want part of.
IMO this issue is amplified by a lack of transparency / communication by the trust. When concerns have been raised, and I think the concerns have some validity, the trust could have chosen to answer the concerns. Instead they take shots at the fanbase, this forum included, with a we're right, everyone else is wrong attitude.

CJ_covblaze

I'd also chuck more in like that.

You would think there must be city fans who work in PR who could spare a couple of hours a month for advice / planning.

Watch this space on this. We have discussed it at length in the last few months and are probably looking at the Summer. It was never meant to be a £1 life membership and it's something we should've done differently. We'd be in a far better position on all fronts now if we had. On the PR front, we're always open to assistance from anyone that can offer it.

Nick

Administrator
Watch this space on this. We have discussed it at length in the last few months and are probably looking at the Summer. It was never meant to be a £1 life membership and it's something we should've done differently. We'd be in a far better position on all fronts now if we had. On the PR front, we're always open to assistance from anyone that can offer it.

If I boycott, will it make you or certain board members personally go bankrupt?* ;)

giphy.gif

*This is a joke, sarcasm, whatever it wants to be called. I know full well it makes no difference but I am poking fun at the boycotts of CCFC that have been pushed by particular people. CJ is not buying new photo booths with the trust money!

If you need any help implementing it online let me know! Some sort of subscription would be easy to do. Paypal / Stripe etc.

Get away from Joomla for the website though, although if you don't want to there would be plenty of options!

CJ_covblaze

If I boycott, will it make you or certain board members personally go bankrupt?* ;)

giphy.gif

*This is a joke, sarcasm, whatever it wants to be called. I know full well it makes no difference but I am poking fun at the boycotts of CCFC that have been pushed by particular people. CJ is not buying new photo booths with the trust money!

If you need any help implementing it online let me know! Some sort of subscription would be easy to do. Paypal / Stripe etc.

Get away from Joomla for the website though, although if you don't want to there would be plenty of options!

Lol. What about sports, performing arts or catering equipment? With regards to your help I will speak to Dave Eyles who is the board member responsible for the website.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
Lol. What about sports, performing arts or catering equipment?

Don't mind that too much. I suspect my £1 has already kitted you out.*

*Again, this is clearly sarcasm not even aimed at CJ but at people with boycotts to make them realise how they sound.

CJ_covblaze

Don't mind that too much. I suspect my £1 has already kitted you out.*

*Again, this is clearly sarcasm not even aimed at CJ but at people with boycotts to make them realise how they sound.

Ok thanks. Btw please note the edit to my previous post.

Users who are viewing this thread