SBT 5-a-side League (1 Viewer)

Ill not be able to do wednesday until end of september. Im in after that though. Got this seasons home shirt but not last seasons.

gouldberg

Been back in touch with Powerleague tonight. They say the new season starts early September but they recommend we fill one of the free spots for the remainder of this season if we can possibly get a team together so we get used to playing on the same team. That would give us 2/3 games in Division 3 to get used to the feel of the league before committing to a full season come September.

Do we think we can get 7/8 guys together for the next few Wednesdays? The prices are the same as mentioned previously. I said I'll drop by the reception on Monday before basketball and let them know if we can/can't get anything ready for the next week or 2. Would be great if we could. Maybe even if we only have 4/5 of us and then fill the rest with friends or whatever.

As mentioned before you can name either 16/18 people to roster and pick any 8 for a game so with only 3/4 games left in the current season we can mix and match a bit with whoever we have available really.

Let me know what you all think and if you're available or not. Cheers all. Sorry if I seem to be rushing this all through, would just to be playing as soon as possible :D

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
I will play.. are we gonna start Wednesday 17/08/11 or the week after Wednesday 24/08/11.

Let me know and I will put the team up to start on the first post of this thread. 2 people so far...

Looking forward to it :D

Guys please can you confirm if you prefer to start 17/08/11 or 24/08/11 - I appreciate 17th is short notice but if you are ready to play straight away then I am as well :D If we start ASAP we can get fit for a new season as well - I keep myself fit at the gym but playing football is different fitness. Also what position do you play as we will need a goalkeeper.

gouldberg

I won't find out if it's the 17th or 24th until Monday I don't think so if we prepare for the 17th and it turns out to be the 24th then at least we'll be ready to go. I'm definitely in need of the extra fitness work, you'll all see why on the day! I very much resemble a keg though.

In terms of my position I'm a midfielder. Like to get stuck in, used to have a bit of trickery that hopefully I'll find again and used to be a good one touch passer.

I used to play in goal a bit too but wouldn't want to do that every week. Maybe once every 2/3 weeks if needed.

Oh yeah, a quick note. The pitches are artificial and they don't allow studs. I think it's astro-turfs and trainers they allow. Will double check this Monday though. Any ideas on a kit? Sounds like we have a whole array of different Coventry shirts on the go but none the same.

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
Think I will need to invest in some astroturfs then!

I've got last seasons home and away shirt, and the 2 home shirts from the 2 previous seasons before that - the plain sky blue one with the navy shorts and the stripy blue and white one - although if possible I'd like to avoid wearing that one as it has Gunnarsson on the back :eek: I've got this seasons home shirt but I'd rather save that to wear at games :)

I guess if we all wear something sky blue should be ok for now until Nick buys us our sky blues talk kits :p

tehspecialone

Facebook User
I should be available. Can't see any reason why not.

In 11-a-side games I've always been a winger. Decent striker as well. When I've played 4/5-a-side I can fill in anywhere though. Probably the worst keeper you'll ever see though.

Marty

I'm pritty sure I can play the 17th but no defo, defo would be able to play from the 24th though, Fitness wise, well i'm not, injuried my knee and back and haven't played any sport of any kind in 3-4 years and it shows :( When i get fit and slim i am fast and can play anywhere really. i'm not very good in goal but i don't mind playing there. I'm going to be very rusty so would be great to have some pratice matches. :D

ccfcdan

I've got this as interested people so far on the first post of this thread, anyone I've missed out let me know and I will put you on it.

Team so far:

Me
Marty
Gouldberg
Sky Blue Sheepy - Maybe
Rich
ccfcdan
tehspecialone

Sorry guys with me already playing on a thursday night Wed's would be a no-go. Good luck though ill be looking for your results on the powerleague website :)

Cobi Jones's Dreads

Put me down mate but i wont be able to play now untill September. :pimp:

gouldberg

Been told we can start playing this Wednesday if we want but I'd need to hand the deposit in tomorrow so would need to know we have the numbers available by about 7pm at the latest.

More realistically we can start on the 24th giving us a week to get the numbers, sort out a team name and get everything organised properly.

Realistically we need 7/8 players available for every game as if we only have 5 players it would be £6.30 each per game. 6 would be £5.25. 7 would be £4.50 and 8 would be £3.95 ish. You can see how much the price drops just by having a full team.

You're allowed to put 15 players names down on the squad sheet and can name up to 8 of those per game. I'll need to get full names, telephone numbers, e-mail addresses off everyone to put you down on the registration form which I got a copy of today. Can do this either via a PM on here or e-mail me at [email protected] if you prefer that.

If we really want to play this week we can fill up the registration form with names of friends etc that can play if we're short of numbers just as long as there is enough room to name the people from on here that want to play first.

With regards to footwear, you can wear anything as long as it doesn't have a metal stud or blade of any kind (this includes plastic blades as they cut up the pitches). Plastic studs are OK as are astro-turfs and normal trainers. They also ask for shin pads but you pick those up for a couple of quid if needed.

If we appear to be short of numbers for this week or next week I can chat to a couple of friends who may be interested and we can go from there. The ball is well and truly rolling here so let me know asap what we want to do.

Remember, PM/E-mail details for the registration form. It asks for D/O/B and Address as well but they aren't marked with an asterisk so up to you if you give those or not. Also, any team name ideas?

Final note, it asks for ID but I think that's just for me. Will confirm when I hand in deposit.

Hopefully this isn't too much info all in one go :D

Marty

You can count me in, Can i just say that i'd rather just play with the members of the forum, i'm sure your mates are good lads, but i would rather just keep it between us. If we can't get 6 players, then i reckon we should leave it a week and start on the 24th??

How are we gunna know who each other are??

tehspecialone

Facebook User
"How are we gunna know who each other are??"

We'll be the people by themselves, wandering around in City shirts, looking slightly lost.

I'm guessing we'll need a meeting place or something. Or signs.

gouldberg

You can count me in, Can i just say that i'd rather just play with the members of the forum, i'm sure your mates are good lads, but i would rather just keep it between us. If we can't get 6 players, then i reckon we should leave it a week and start on the 24th??

How are we gunna know who each other are??

That's what I'd prefer too, an all forumers team. Thing is, as I said with regards to prices if we can't get at least 7 players a week we'll have to look outside the box a bit because £6 a game is a bit much.

Hoping we can get 7+ from here but I do think we need a back-up, just in case. If we only have 7 from here per week and 1 person gets injured or is busy it means the price for the rest begins to rocket. If we all perhaps have one friend each that we can call on as a last resort that's on the registration sheet we'll never have a problem, just as long as we use them as a back-up and not a regular fixture. :)

In terms of a meeting place there's either outside the gates of Woodlands, the bar or I should get the pitch number we'll be playing on so we can congregate around there. I'm not fussed either way.

I cant play until first week in september. Shouldn't miss any after that though. Looks like we may need more than forum users looking at numbers. I can ask a mate but he would want to play regular if he signed up. SBT United! Can princess play or is it men only? She was interested.

Marty

If we don't get any more members intrested we should start next week, gives people abit more time... or sport centre in town is only £15 a game & they play on wednesday nights as well??

gouldberg

Yeah, absolutely no way we can start tomorrow night now. Will see what happens over the next few days in terms of starting next Wednesday.

The problem I have with the sports centre in town is I hate playing indoors. It's no issue fitness wise as I'm used to playing basketball so a stuffy indoor court doesn't affect me, I just always like playing my football outside. Just adds a little something when it's spitting with rain and the ball skids along the floor. Love playing in goal in those conditions too.

Marty

Yeah, absolutely no way we can start tomorrow night now. Will see what happens over the next few days in terms of starting next Wednesday.

The problem I have with the sports centre in town is I hate playing indoors. It's no issue fitness wise as I'm used to playing basketball so a stuffy indoor court doesn't affect me, I just always like playing my football outside. Just adds a little something when it's spitting with rain and the ball skids along the floor. Love playing in goal in those conditions too.

Ok, no problem, i was just throwing it out there as it's somewhere cheap that we can play if we are struggerling with numbers.

Shall I ask my pal if he wants to be a permanent member of the squad? Can you also provide a list of Kit that we need, address of powerleague. i think we should start first week of september tbh. Does it matter that I'm cack?

Last edited:

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
Shall I ask my pal if he wants to be a permanent member of the squad? Can you also provide a list of Kit that we need, address of powerleague. i think we should start first week of september tbh. Does it matter that I'm cack?

I think as has been said before the guys would prefer it if it was SBT users only but I personally don't mind extra players if we need the numbers.

1st week of September - would this be Weds 31/08/11 or Weds 07/09/11? Gouldberg what date did the new season start on?

As for Kit, I think we're just gonna wear sky blue tops for now and then see if we can get ourselves a proper kit (someone harass Nick for a sky blue kit with SBT as the sponsor :p)

How cack are you? :p Wouldn't say I'm brilliant but I'm ok I guess :p I just wanna enjoy playing some footy and keep fit really, if you enjoy playing then that's what matters really.

Gouldberg what do you think to 1st week of September, it seems we'd have more players available then - Rich and Ma_Ma_Ma_Carl_Baker can't play until then.

gouldberg

I think as has been said before the guys would prefer it if it was SBT users only but I personally don't mind extra players if we need the numbers.

1st week of September - would this be Weds 31/08/11 or Weds 07/09/11? Gouldberg what date did the new season start on?

As for Kit, I think we're just gonna wear sky blue tops for now and then see if we can get ourselves a proper kit (someone harass Nick for a sky blue kit with SBT as the sponsor :p)

How cack are you? :p Wouldn't say I'm brilliant but I'm ok I guess :p I just wanna enjoy playing some footy and keep fit really, if you enjoy playing then that's what matters really.

Gouldberg what do you think to 1st week of September, it seems we'd have more players available then - Rich and Ma_Ma_Ma_Carl_Baker can't play until then.

I wasn't given an exact date. Was just told early September.

If you guys want to start September then I'll have to let someone else do the forms and application stuff as I have to start focusing on my basketball team over the next few weeks.

I can happily pass a phone number onto Powerleague for one of you guys so they can get in touch and talk everything through with you. Alternatively I can post the Powerleague number for one of you to contact instead if that's more helpful.

Of course I'll still be interested in playing, just can't do all of the admin stuff if we're looking at September to start.

I play at AT7 on a weds, but if the games later then im up for shooting over to powerleague to play aswell.
Theres committment for you!

I wasn't given an exact date. Was just told early September.

If you guys want to start September then I'll have to let someone else do the forms and application stuff as I have to start focusing on my basketball team over the next few weeks.

I can happily pass a phone number onto Powerleague for one of you guys so they can get in touch and talk everything through with you. Alternatively I can post the Powerleague number for one of you to contact instead if that's more helpful.

Of course I'll still be interested in playing, just can't do all of the admin stuff if we're looking at September to start.

Gouldy can't you set it up now with the start in september? Shouldn't need to do the admin later just because we are starting earlier?

gouldberg

Gouldy can't you set it up now with the start in september? Shouldn't need to do the admin later just because we are starting earlier?

To be honest I wouldn't be willing to do that at the moment with us only having 5/6 players. If 1 drops out I'd have wasted £10 and Powerleague would probably refuse to work with me in the future.

If we had a guaranteed squad big enough to keep costs down I'd do it but I don't see us having that at the moment.

All the foundations are in place with regards to them knowing we're interested but I can't do the legwork of contacting them/visiting them/filling in forms etc etc for much longer. I'd much rather leave the captains duties so to speak with someone else that will have the extra time during the season.

As it stands over the next couple of weeks I'll be starting a basketball season, new skittles season and a new college year.

Sorry guys, all just a tad time-consuming.

If someone wants to take over and contact Powerleague though the number is 02476856870 or alternatively 02476694171.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Rich, (admin stuff) this is something I would LOVE to have got my teeth into (not playing - too old!) - but unfortunately, as you know where I live, I can't do a lot about it :(. If there's owt I can do from here, let me know. I'm extremely PC literate. (Used to teach I.T.)

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Something else closing? Bloody hell! I wondered why it was like a ghost town around here, even tourist-wise. :(

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
Can people please state what date (on a wednesday) they are available to start playing so we can work out when we have enough numbers etc and take it from there. Getting boring trying to sort this out, I just wanna play already! :D

Marty

Can people please state what date (on a wednesday) they are available to start playing so we can work out when we have enough numbers etc and take it from there. Getting boring trying to sort this out, I just wanna play already! :D

£15 a game at the sport centre, and they let you use players from other teams as well if your short, cant say fairer then that. Also if your lost game on they let you use the pitch until the place closes. :) I think it's a better place to start just for the cheaper price, and them letting you use other teams players :)

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
£15 a game at the sport centre, and they let you use players from other teams as well if your short, cant say fairer then that. Also if your lost game on they let you use the pitch until the place closes. :) I think it's a better place to start just for the cheaper price, and them letting you use other teams players :)

I'd be open to playing at the sports centre but I think most on here want to do the powerleague and it's too confusing trying to arrange this with a clash on venue choice.

I think for now we should stick with power league as we've got pretty far with that so far just waiting on availability, but if more people want the sports centre then maybe we can sort something out for that.

Guys as my above post please let us know what date you can start playing

Ill sort it we will do the sports centre on a wednesday if they have space when can we all start please post here. Start date for wednesday.

Users who are viewing this thread