Saturday, 3pm, Jimmy's Statue (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
If I wasn’t over 3000 miles away, I would definitely be there along with my son.

FWIW, I completely agree with rob9872.

I know a lot of people who are passionate rugby fans. Most are great people but a sizable minority are sanctimonious twats with a superiority complex in relation to football v rugby. A lot if that is rooted in bigoted snobbery. You constantly hear remarks that condemn (insert football misdemeanor) with the words ‘you wouldn’t see that in rugby’. When watching their kids, if there’s a bit of static in a rugby game they cry “this isn’t football” as a rebuke.

They conveniently overlook the sexual assaults, homophobia (Israel Folau) and brutal violence (Danny Cipriani, Mark Jennings) while criticizing those frightful oiks who play football.

The consensus of opinion on football fans is that we’re a small step up from lab rats.

The publicity generated tomorrow has to be positive or it will be a huge own goal.

Any intimidating behaviour will be seized on with the kind of hysteria that will make the Sunderland fans seem rational and balanced and be gold dust for Wasps.

Well done for all of you attending.

PUSB

I agree, shouldn't be abuse of people going into the game to watch a game of Rugby. The majority will just be rugby fans probably with no idea, they arent all like the bellends who want to see the club go bust or think its a statement that they now support Wasps.

Grendel

I agree, shouldn't be abuse of people going into the game to watch a game of Rugby. The majority will just be rugby fans probably with no idea, they arent all like the bellends who want to see the club go bust or think its a statement that they now support Wasps.

I half agree

Nick

Administrator
I half agree

Not just to random people though going into the game?

If of course you know full well its somebody like steve from cov but it might just be a bloke who likes watching Rugby minding his own business.

johnb

I’m in. Blockading the stadium car parks would be my first option but I’ll go along with the turnstiles instead, better than us all standing by Jimmy Hill’s statue looking like lost sheep.

NorthernWisdom

Sometimes, you have to play the game, and it's right that confrontation wouldn't help. If somebody were to talk to me as per their board link as given, then I'd give my views back. I equally wouldn't want it be seen as anti SISU and nothing else, after all. But that's it, I don't think it serves a purpose, in this instance, to have a protest as anti SISU, anti Wasps, anti CCC. Anybody turning up will have their own views, many different, but the emphasis is whoever's at fault, it affects us all - we may all bicker here, but the consequences are felt by us all. We need to fight for the club, not against each other.

Frankly, this should have all been started long ago so a campaign could build up and maybe have a more decisive effect but, again, we are where we are.

edgy

Just checked on twitter under our usual hashtag #pusb and there is nothing regarding this. I'm not sure this is being pushed enough by the main players, if at all.

Covkid1968#

If I wasn’t over 3000 miles away, I would definitely be there along with my son.

FWIW, I completely agree with rob9872.

I know a lot of people who are passionate rugby fans. Most are great people but a sizable minority are sanctimonious twats with a superiority complex in relation to football v rugby. A lot if that is rooted in bigoted snobbery. You constantly hear remarks that condemn (insert football misdemeanor) with the words ‘you wouldn’t see that in rugby’. When watching their kids, if there’s a bit of static in a rugby game they cry “this isn’t football” as a rebuke.

They conveniently overlook the sexual assaults, homophobia (Israel Folau) and brutal violence (Danny Cipriani, Mark Jennings) while criticizing those frightful oiks who play football.

The consensus of opinion on football fans is that we’re a small step up from lab rats.

The publicity generated tomorrow has to be positive or it will be a huge own goal.

Any intimidating behaviour will be seized on with the kind of hysteria that will make the Sunderland fans seem rational and balanced and be gold dust for Wasps.

Well done for all of you attending.

PUSB
Good post that man

Nick

Administrator
To be fair, everybody in sky blue in the pub will probably be more effective than randomly standing about outside! Get in Cov Welsh, Bull and Anchor and then the Brewery. Carry out on the grass with a picnic.

Tommo1993

Just checked on twitter under our usual hashtag #pusb and there is nothing regarding this. I'm not sure this is being pushed enough by the main players, if at all.

This. I’m happy to push it on twitter if people on here are happy for it to go on there. Don’t want over-disgruntled yobs jumping on and just coming along to give out a torrent of abuse. I’ll call a Wasps ‘fan’ many things, but tomorrow just needs diplomacy, right?

Reactions: TTG

ccfchoi87

This. I’m happy to push it on twitter if people on here are happy for it to go on there. Don’t want over-disgruntled yobs jumping on and just coming along to give out a torrent of abuse. I’ll call a Wasps ‘fan’ many things, but tomorrow just needs diplomacy, right?

Need to get it on the Facebook forums too. I fear it may be too late to attract a crowd.

edgy

It needs a "known" twitter handle to post it and then everyone retweets, that's how it will snowball. Trust, PSBG, JimmyHillWay, one of the supporters groups....

If I post it, I'll be battered by the usuals immediately and then it will be squashed before it even takes off.

NorthernWisdom

It needs a "known" twitter handle to post it and then everyone retweets, that's how it will snowball. Trust, PSBG, JimmyHillWay, one of the supporters groups....

If I post it, I'll be battered by the usuals immediately and then it will be squashed before it even takes off.
Well I've asked the Trust... via various avenues. Still silence. tbh it's getting a bit late for numbers even if they come on board now (really, they were needed yesterday, this morning... some time!), so we might have to go viral instead.

How about a hashtag we try and get trending? #SkyBlueProtest or something?

clint van damme

I think this protest should be about getting the parties involved to recognise the damaging affect it's having on the CCFC support.
The fan base of the club sisu are custodians of and a group who I strongly suspect have a far bigger proportion of Coventry council tax payers and residents than wasps.
We're not going to garner any sympathy if we start abusing people.

Nick

Administrator
I think this protest should be about getting the parties involved to recognise the damaging affect it's having on the CCFC support.
The fan base of the club sisu are custodians of and a group who I strongly suspect have a far bigger proportion of Coventry council tax payers and residents than wasps.
We're not going to garner any sympathy if we start abusing people.

Thats the key bit really.

Unless they are really fat or trip over when walking past.

olderskyblue

Thats the key bit really.

Unless they are really fat or trip over when walking past.

Careful, that would be me if I could make it...

vow

It’s my anniversary and I’m out for a very posh meal in South Leics. I’ve given the heads up...if I’m arrested she will put it in a doggy bag and I’ll have it for breakfast

Im doing an hour of protest at the statue ... and then I’ll do some fine dining and get all lary With the woollyback knicker sti

feel like I’m being picky... but could we have the word “Just” before the word “F**k”
Picky fooker.......enjoy ya meal!

Nick

Administrator
I have just read they have collections tomorrow for armed force charities.

Thinking outside the box, it might send more of a message if people in cov tops were shaking some buckets to help. Actually doing something and being charitable! ;)

So far nobody actually knows what people will do when they get to the statue, so it's going to be a group of city fans stood there.

wal3590

To be fair, everybody in sky blue in the pub will probably be more effective than randomly standing about outside! Get in Cov Welsh, Bull and Anchor and then the Brewery. Carry out on the grass with a picnic.

To save you a wasted trip the Bull and Anchor is shut currently, normally rammed on Wasps matchdays so wonder where these people will head instead?

Nick

Administrator
To save you a wasted trip the Bull and Anchor is shut currently, normally rammed on Wasps matchdays so wonder where these people will head instead?

Oh shit, I did hear it was having a refurb but forgot. Easy Parking then!

Cov Welsh is the next one on the way down ;) Can of stella from behind the bar out the fridge.

Users who are viewing this thread