Sarah Everard (1 Viewer)

COV

Do you not think it's worse that somebody would jump on the situation to make it about them?

How is she doing that? She has not reported the Tinder incident to anyone, she has reported multiple death threats. Has she done something wrong in reporting the death threats?

COV

Are you being serious?

I can see this is pointless, fair enough. Woman says she's received multiple death threats, that makes the papers/ media and while she's at it she brings up that policemen have been looking at her on Tinder.

The right course of action is to brand her an attention seeker, say she's trying to make it all about her and use it as great PR for the police to show that people complaining are hysterical.

Liquid Gold

I can see this is pointless, fair enough. Woman says she's received multiple death threats, that makes the papers/ media and while she's at it she brings up that policemen have been looking at her on Tinder.

The right course of action is to brand her an attention seeker, say she's trying to make it all about her and use it as great PR for the police to show that people complaining are hysterical.
Can you honestly not see how amplifying a nothing story about tinder likes will make people think that those complaining about the police are blowing it out of proportion?

Nick

Administrator

"While she's at it". Not really the case though, is it?

Good to see you try to dig after you jumped on something you didn't really know anything about.

Can you genuinely not see the issue? Blindly following stuff and people based on your politics doesn't work.

COV

"While she's at it". Not really the case though, is it?

Good to see you try to dig after you jumped on something you didn't really know anything about.

Can you genuinely not see the issue? Blindly following stuff and people based on your politics doesn't work.

It’s clearly not me that can’t see the issue unfortunately.

David O'Day

Hmmm, I honestly don't know about tinder, and how it works, so I've been staying out of that. The only looking for attention line disturbs me somewhat - we had similar accusations with Marlon King's victim when photos of her were published in the papers.

Surely... after a headline case that's subject of this thread, we should be pleased that the police actually are investigating this? If there's nothing in it, there's nothing in it (an investigation does not imply guilt) but... stopping women coming forward with complaints is not the way.

After all, if only somebody had investigated the purpetrator of this crime more effectively...

Exactly but some of the utter plums on here are utter cretins

hill83

You can search for specific people on tinder by the way if you have the relevant information. Using Google.

site:tinder.com (Then username or actual name) Plus other info.

Not that I’ve done it because I’m dripping in matches.

So it’s not completely out of the realms of possibility.

Sick Boy

You can search for specific people on tinder by the way if you have the relevant information. Using Google.

I doubt they actually index the profiles though, do they?

shmmeee

That doesn’t put them in your swipe queue though? (Also I just tried that for my profile which I think is still active unless they delete them and nothing came up, tried just with “Coventry” and again nothing)

Sick Boy

I've no idea what's going on regarding the Tinder debate but some of the replies this ladie's received are from absolute grade A cretins.

If they're from serving police officers then we need a more stringent selection process.
Those I’ve had dealings with on a personal level have been utter arseholes.

hill83

That doesn’t put them in your swipe queue though? (Also I just tried that for my profile which I think is still active unless they delete them and nothing came up, tried just with “Coventry” and again nothing)

Honestly I don’t know. But the url to every profile is out there. Surely it’s not completely impossible to find someone.

hill83

Well “tough for the average person” is more than “attention seeking, fuck off”

Not saying it’s happened of course. Fuck knows

Sick Boy

Well “tough for the average person” is more than “attention seeking, fuck off”

Not saying it’s happened of course. Fuck knows
I guess if one of them found it’d get shared around pretty quickly across WhatsApp groups

shmmeee

Honestly I don’t know. But the url to every profile is out there. Surely it’s not completely impossible to find someone.

Finding someone and being able to like them aren’t the same thing. Which is more likely here? A bunch of coppers are lonely and horny and are swiping right on a fit woman on tinder or same coppers have become elite hackers able to harass women through Tinder?

I’m sure she’s had some shit and I’m sure it’s distressing for her to have policemen liking her but I’m not sure it’s harassment or that anyone can do anything other than her coming off Tinder Gold.

NorthernWisdom

Finding someone and being able to like them aren’t the same thing. Which is more likely here? A bunch of coppers are lonely and horny and are swiping right on a fit woman on tinder or same coppers have become elite hackers able to harass women through Tinder?

I’m sure she’s had some shit and I’m sure it’s distressing for her to have policemen liking her but I’m not sure it’s harassment or that anyone can do anything other than her coming off Tinder Gold.
Nor does that make her attention seeking however. Now in this instance, my own personal view is it's unfortunate circumstance. She gets arrested, pops up on various Police tinder matches, they all like her... she gets unnerved as this is exactly what she's been protesting about, to a degree - therefore police are innocent but can understand why, given her circumstances, she might take exception... even if there is nothing in it.

Anyway, we'll see. I actually hope there *is* nothing in it, btw!

hill83

I agree with you.

Nick

Administrator

Yeah I think people are over estimating that men would be putting hours into finding her just to swipe right. They would be sat cock in hand swiping right on everything with a pulse.

It would have been much easier for them to just put her name into Facebook if that was the aim.

Liquid Gold

Nor does that make her attention seeking however. Now in this instance, my own personal view is it's unfortunate circumstance. She gets arrested, pops up on various Police tinder matches, they all like her... she gets unnerved as this is exactly what she's been protesting about, to a degree - therefore police are innocent but can understand why, given her circumstances, she might take exception... even if there is nothing in it.

It's not just this that has made her attention seeking it's that she's been on a media tour ever since being arrested, tried to make the whole thing about her and even said she was "the face" of the Sarah Everard murder.

Nick

Administrator

It still doesn't really work that way either.

I'm not sure if being liked on Tinder is exactly the thing she's protesting about, unless of course she's paying for Tinder just to prove a point that men will swipe right on her.

The attention-seeking part is how now just after the trial she is trying to make it all about her. There's the poor victim and there's the c**t who did it, why is she trying to be the voice of it?

This whole "story" is fairly obvious why it's a dream for the police, it's like when you had city fans asking why SISU aren't signing Ronaldo or where the pin badges were. Just distracts from the actual issues.

Nick

Administrator
Interesting how she is being questioned on Twitter and seems to be very confused herself about how it works.

She is saying the police knew she had Tinder Gold.

That is also incorrect in how it works.

Men would also see a Gold Icon when viewing her if THEY had paid for Tinder Gold and she had swiped right on them first.

It was "contacted" and now it's "They swiped right but they knew I could see it".

It has now changed from "since her arrest" to "in a short space of time".

Oh dear.

Begs the question, why wouldn't they just message her on Twitter or Facebook if that was the aim?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread