Sarah Everard (1 Viewer)

Liquid Gold

I have no time for that woman at all.

She should never have been arrested at the vigil but since then she's been on a media tour and said she's the face of it all.

Smacks of wanting the publicity.

jimmyhillsfanclub

“It is almost like an intimidation thing, saying, ‘Look we can see you’, and that, to me, is terrifying.

A little bit strange from a woman actively courting & cultivating a social (and wider) media presence.......

Nick

Administrator
How do you know she hasn't got Tinder Gold?

It's almost like some of you are weirdos who yet again blaming a woman on a thread about violence to women

Maybe people should have a bit of balance? In a thread about violence to women you brought something up and the actual common sense was pointed out.

It's a non story, she has gone to the press for attention. You literally can't just look up an individual and like them, if their intention was to just "swipe right" on her to harass her then why wouldn't they just use Facebook and search by her name?

Unless of course it means that you aren't allowed to point this out, which is very worrying. You were the one who brought it up and it didn't go the way you wanted.

What is the aim here? Maybe we can get Tinder closed down?

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
No, it is random who it shows but you still have to swipe to like so if she was suddenly getting 50 police officers liking her profile then there is an element of human action.

The police are investigating it so it's not just a paper story.

Of course they will say they are investigating.

Maybe Tinder coded it so it directed any police officers to her?

OR maybe there is just hundreds of blokes wanting to get their end away and sit swiping right and a vast minority of them happened to be a security guard or copper. They will have literally glanced on her and thought "fit, I would" and swiped right.

It's more worrying that she has jumped on the murder of a poor woman to make it about her, although using your rules she is female so whatever she says goes. It's weird.

If she sees people "swiping right" on her as harassment then why is she on there and even more strange, paying to see who swipes right on her or swiping right on police to match with them?

NorthernWisdom

Hmmm, I honestly don't know about tinder, and how it works, so I've been staying out of that. The only looking for attention line disturbs me somewhat - we had similar accusations with Marlon King's victim when photos of her were published in the papers.

Surely... after a headline case that's subject of this thread, we should be pleased that the police actually are investigating this? If there's nothing in it, there's nothing in it (an investigation does not imply guilt) but... stopping women coming forward with complaints is not the way.

After all, if only somebody had investigated the purpetrator of this crime more effectively...

Nick

Administrator
Hmmm, I honestly don't know about tinder, and how it works, so I've been staying out of that. The only looking for attention line disturbs me somewhat - we had similar accusations with Marlon King's victim when photos of her were published in the papers.

Surely... after a headline case that's subject of this thread, we should be pleased that the police actually are investigating this? If there's nothing in it, there's nothing in it (an investigation does not imply guilt) but... stopping women coming forward with complaints is not the way.

After all, if only somebody had investigated the purpetrator of this crime more effectively...

Just a coincidence she goes to the papers with a non-story just after the court case? It's not like she just reported it to the police to investigate the complaint, is it?

Literally, anybody who has ever used Tinder or similar can tell you it's bollocks.

Fucking hell maybe I can tell the Telegraph I am being harassed by toothless women from Nuneaton, headline news.

Nick

Administrator
I don't know, I'd rather let an investigation see if there was anything in it, rather than the automatic assumption that woman in press with claims of sexual harassment = looking for attention.

So a woman who is on Tinder (the app known for people trying to get a shag or meet somebody) and seemingly pays for it, is being sexually harassed by people swiping right on her?

The whole app is based on judging people by their looks in a second or so and deciding "I would", "I wouldn't". Why would you be a "Premium" user of it if you thought it was sexual harassment when people "would".

Liquid Gold

Doesn't it work based on where you are and people nearby?

If she'd been in the nick then the app might have just linked her to a load of police.

Non-story from someone that is hungry for the publicity.

NorthernWisdom

So a woman who is on Tinder (the app known for people trying to get a shag or meet somebody) and seemingly pays for it, is being sexually harassed by people swiping right on her?
What's wrong with letting an investigation determine, rather than rushing to judgement? You're doing exactly what you're accusing David O'Day of doing, except he's automatically deciding police are wrong'uns, you're deciding a woman who makes a claim of harassment is automatically doing it for some kind of publicity.

NorthernWisdom

Doesn't it work based on where you are and people nearby?

If she'd been in the nick then the app might have just linked her to a load of police.

Non-story from someone that is hungry for the publicity.
Remember, both can be right. You can have her turn up on lots of police's profiles because of that, it might be innocent that they don't realise why she's there, she might well be disturbed if suddenly a load of uniformed coppers start liking you in that moment, given the wider context.

Nick

Administrator
What's wrong with letting an investigation determine, rather than rushing to judgement? You're doing exactly what you're accusing David O'Day of doing, except he's automatically deciding police are wrong'uns, you're deciding a woman who makes a claim of harassment is automatically doing it for some kind of publicity.

Using that logic then why is Tinder still going if anybody who gets swiped right on is being harassed? Why isn't every woman who will undoubtedly get hundreds of "swipes" a day going to the police saying they are being sexually harassed?

I am pointing it out because it is actual bollocks, it isn't how Tinder works and seemingly anybody on this thread who has used it are confirming that.

DOD posted that clearly not knowing how it worked (good for him).

Nick

Administrator
Remember, both can be right. You can have her turn up on lots of police's profiles because of that, it might be innocent that they don't realise why she's there, she might well be disturbed if suddenly a load of uniformed coppers start liking you in that moment, given the wider context.

Isn't it 50 coppers have "since" swiped right on her?

Sick Boy

Unfortunately entering into the criminal world, which they effectively are to an extent, means that you’re going to get a number of less than savoury police officers. Not sure if it’s clear what I mean.

Nick

Administrator
If somebody swiping right on tinder is "unsavoury" or "sexual harassment" then I think they had better get building new prisons as millions of people are going to prison.

Look at the type of nonsense it has whipped up:

Is that D'OD?

Last edited:

Sick Boy

If somebody swiping right on tinder is "unsavoury" or "sexual harassment" then I think they had better get building new prisons as millions of people are going to prison.
Talk about missing the point - I’m not talking about Tinder ffs.

Reactions: COV

Nick

Administrator
Talk about missing the point - I’m not talking about Tinder ffs.

In general, of course there will be a minority of wronguns in the police.

I was just pointing out that somebody just swiping on Tinder is hardly a wrongun.

If anything, the woman in question seems very much a wrongun for making a woman's death all about her...

COV

I don't know how Tinder works either, but to instantly dismiss as a non story & flippantly accuse her of attention seeking, its pretty bad & that attitude is a part of why women are angry in the first place. Anything that prompts the police to take a look at what may be going on in their ranks is a good thing, surely? It might be crap, or they might find some truth in it, but to just immediately write it off as BS is wrong.

Nick

Administrator
I don't know how Tinder works either, but to instantly dismiss as a non story & flippantly accuse her of attention seeking, its pretty bad & that attitude is a part of why women are angry in the first place. Anything that prompts the police to take a look at what may be going on in their ranks is a good thing, surely? It might be crap, or they might find some truth in it, but to just immediately write it off as BS is wrong.

Maybe if you knew how Tinder worked you would know it's crap?

The whole "she is a woman so you can't point out the bullshit" is more wrong.

The thing is, if she had said "When I was arrested I got 50 Friend Requests on Facebook all from Coppers" then it would be more logical than saying Tinder.

There is no doubt at all there will be wronguns in the police across the country, no doubt there will be some police grooming victims and things like that.

This woman is trying to make it about her, if anything she is detracting away from the ACTUAL issues. Instead of the usual people like D'OD claiming that anybody who disagrees is part of the problem, they should have a step back. She also included Security Guards in that, since March...

Sick Boy

In general, of course there will be a minority of wronguns in the police.

I was just pointing out that somebody just swiping on Tinder is hardly a wrongun.

If anything, the woman in question seems very much a wrongun for making a woman's death all about her...
There is more than a small minority in the police i’d classify as unsavoury - not to extent of the crimes we’re talking about here though.

Reactions: COV

Grendel

I don't know, I'd rather let an investigation see if there was anything in it, rather than the automatic assumption that woman in press with claims of sexual harassment = looking for attention.

She is a shameless publicity whore though there is no debate about that

COV

There is more than a small minority in the police i’d classify as unsavoury - not to extent of the crimes we’re talking about here though.

It seems to be a sore point with some but its pretty obvious that there is a deeply unpleasant element to the police which needs to be looked at fast, and instantly dismissing any report because of the technical aspects of a dating site or personal opinions of the person making the report isn't exactly going to help that.

Nick

Administrator
It seems to be a sore point with some but its pretty obvious that there is a deeply unpleasant element to the police which needs to be looked at fast, and instantly dismissing any report because of the technical aspects of a dating site or personal opinions of the person making the report isn't exactly going to help that.

Surely if the report doesn't match up with the technical aspect then it pretty much is a good reason to dismiss it?

If anything, this woman is doing more damage to the "cause" then people pointing out it's a load of shite.

I am pretty sure the police would be loving this one, it takes the attention off actual issues ;) Especially when there's so many people who don't seem to know how it works kicking off about it.

COV

Maybe if you knew how Tinder worked you would know it's crap?

The whole "she is a woman so you can't point out the bullshit" is more wrong.

The thing is, if she had said "When I was arrested I got 50 Friend Requests on Facebook all from Coppers" then it would be more logical than saying Tinder.

There is no doubt at all there will be wronguns in the police across the country, no doubt there will be some police grooming victims and things like that.

This woman is trying to make it about her, if anything she is detracting away from the ACTUAL issues. Instead of the usual people like D'OD claiming that anybody who disagrees is part of the problem, they should have a step back. She also included Security Guards in that, since March...

To be fair I don't know anything about this woman apart from the pics at the protest and then today. Security guards is strange, not sure why they'd be on her case.

Nick

Administrator
To be fair I don't know anything about this woman apart from the pics at the protest and then today. Security guards is strange, not sure why they'd be on her case.

I just assumed you had a clue about it considering the posts you were liking?

Liquid Gold

If you look at my comments over the past week you'll see I have very little time for the police at all at the moment.

This is just nonsense though, I don't know why media is giving her airtime for her ego when it could be amplifying actual instances of institutionalised misogyny

COV

I just assumed you had a clue about it considering the posts you were liking?

I like the fact that action is being taken to look into it, I like the fact that its another chance for the police to look at themselves, because their credibility is very low & it may be that more people who shouldn't be wearing a uniform are dealt with, and I don't like the way that its instantly & flippantly dismissed as attention seeking. Just my opinion.

Nick

Administrator
I like the fact that action is being taken to look into it, I like the fact that its another chance for the police to look at themselves, because their credibility is very low & it may be that more people who shouldn't be wearing a uniform are dealt with, and I don't like the way that its instantly & flippantly dismissed as attention seeking. Just my opinion.

Pretty sure this is going to do nothing for the police to look at. Well, it distracts from the real offenders within the police.

50 police and security guards like an attractive woman on Tinder in a few months. How do you want them to be dealt with for that?

Pretty worrying when people just blindly agree with people like this who just use a bandwagon / incident for their own game.

Liquid Gold

If I worked in PR for the police I genuinely couldn’t think of a better story to push out a message that those complaining are hysterical about nothing. Will bring people who have been on the fence back on side so easily.

NorthernWisdom

It doesn't help that attention seeking is often the distraction sent out, when sexual violence happens and a case gets media traction.

When the default assumption becomes woman making accusation = publicity driven whore v police defending = sexual deviant misogynist... then we're in a very sorry (and simplified) world...

Nick

Administrator
If I worked in PR for the police I genuinely couldn’t think of a better story to push out a message that those complaining are hysterical about nothing. Will bring people who have been on the fence back on side so easily.

Exactly. The woman is doing much more harm than good but people will lap it up and not realise.

While people are demanding that the police investigate this awful sexual harassment it means they aren't investigating the actual goings on. Nice easy work.

COV

Really? That is weird, treating it as a PR exercise to 'push a message' that people complaining are hysterical about nothing.

They need to look into it quietly and professionally, if nothing is wrong then say so or vice versa- using it as a chance to push PR messages and branding complainants as hysterical- thats f*cked up.

Nick

Administrator
It doesn't help that attention seeking is often the distraction sent out, when sexual violence happens and a case gets media traction.

When the default assumption becomes woman making accusation = publicity driven whore v police defending = sexual deviant misogynist... then we're in a very sorry (and simplified) world...

Do you not think it's worse that somebody would jump on the situation to make it about them?

Users who are viewing this thread