Sarah Everard (1 Viewer)

NorthernWisdom

I did find the old thread...

Quite shocking though, reading the details. Thankfully a very, very rare incident, but it makes my blood run cold to think how she must have felt.

I don't even know where you'd start with it. I can predict some responses but... would think the main focus should be on the victim, and the victim's family. How do you even begin to try and help people get over that trauma?

rob9872

I'm actually pretty disappointed with the Met, Seems to be stock lines about how he was off duty and how he doesn't represent them and all distancing themselves from it. Yes he was a rotten apple and I'm sure there are lots of good police, but they need to own the fact he was acting as a serving officer at the time of what happened and concentrate on Sarah and her family rather than their PR image.

chiefdave

The Met have so much to answer for but sadly while Cressida Dick is in charge they never will answer them
There were people on social media yesterday defending the police and using Harold Shipman as an example of how you don't blame everyone in a profession for one persons action.

Of course there were significant changes made to how GPs operate as a result of the Shipman report so that doesn't hold up. Don't have much confidence we'll see a similar enquiry and subsequent changes as a result of this tragedy.

Alkhen

Yes listening to her parents statment i couldnt compute how they must feel. just so shocking and sad. im a really liberal person but its hard to justify keeping someone who could do that alive when they were in a position of trust. I just hope he has an awful time of it as an ex cop in prison.

NorthernWisdom

Yes listening to her parents statment i couldnt compute how they must feel. just so shocking and sad. im a really liberal person but its hard to justify keeping someone who could do that alive when they were in a position of trust. I just hope he has an awful time of it as an ex cop in prison.
I'd suspect a whole life sentence has a half decent chance of being a pretty short one. Ex police *and* rapist, woman killer... it's not going to go down well.

As with you, I'd see myself as liberal but, I can't even begin to comprehend how you'd do such a thing. I hope he suffers...

rob9872

Yes listening to her parents statment i couldnt compute how they must feel. just so shocking and sad.
A lot of what we focus on (and particularly as so as many of us are parents) is the safety of our kids and the concern when someone is missing or how upsetting for families when something tragic happens and that's understandable, so you kind of hope when you've nurtured them through into adulthood and they're beginning to make their own way in life that you've achieved your role, in some ways when someone of her age about to embark on her own family it can be equally if not more so tragic.

clint van damme

I'm actually pretty disappointed with the Met, Seems to be stock lines about how he was off duty and how he doesn't represent them and all distancing themselves from it. Yes he was a rotten apple and I'm sure there are lots of good police, but they need to own the fact he was acting as a serving officer at the time of what happened and concentrate on Sarah and her family rather than their PR image.

The METs list of crime among its officers is horrendous, the fact so many of them get convicted and keep their jobs is quite worrying.

David O'Day

There were people on social media yesterday defending the police and using Harold Shipman as an example of how you don't blame everyone in a profession for one persons action.

Of course there were significant changes made to how GPs operate as a result of the Shipman report so that doesn't hold up. Don't have much confidence we'll see a similar enquiry and subsequent changes as a result of this tragedy.

This is the point

Also they refuse to deal with why they didn't do anything when he exposed himself in a McDonalds 2 weeks before andhow the mangaed to hire a man who's nickname in his last job was known as "the rapist".

David O'Day

I'd suspect a whole life sentence has a half decent chance of being a pretty short one. Ex police *and* rapist, woman killer... it's not going to go down well.

As with you, I'd see myself as liberal but, I can't even begin to comprehend how you'd do such a thing. I hope he suffers...

Only danger to him is himself, he's no seeing another prison in Prison.

rob9872

The METs list of crime among its officers is horrendous, the fact so many of them get convicted and keep their jobs is quite worrying.
Agreed, but on the flip side they are a huge force and dealing with some of the worst criminal behaviour so whilst I'm critical as a unit (as I was in my post) I think we still need to recognise that the vast majority are not in any way corrupt, albeit tainted by the actions of their colleagues.

clint van damme

Agreed, but on the flip side they are a huge force and dealing with some of the worst criminal behaviour so whilst I'm critical as a unit (as I was in my post) I think we still need to recognise that the vast majority are not in any way corrupt, albeit tainted by the actions of their colleagues.

When an organisation retains people with some pretty serious convictions against them then they can't really hide behind the 'few bad apples shtick'.

Nick

Administrator
Wasn't that a complaint about him beforehand where nothing was done?

As for him, just hang him.

shmmeee

Two things that stood out to me, maybe we’re known before but I hadn’t been following:

- He had the nickname of “the rapist” among friend (colleagues?). Who knew what beforehand to give him this nickname?
- He Used his handcuffs and police status to kidnap her in broad daylight in front of witnesses. That’s just chilling and as the parent of two girls I’ve no idea what to tell them to keep them safe, or as a bystander what is do in such a situation.

clint van damme

Two things that stood out to me, maybe we’re known before but I hadn’t been following:

- He had the nickname of “the rapist” among friend (colleagues?). Who knew what beforehand to give him this nickname?
- He Used his handcuffs and police status to kidnap her in broad daylight in front of witnesses. That’s just chilling and as the parent of two girls I’ve no idea what to tell them to keep them safe, or as a bystander what is do in such a situation.

Kirsty Allsop blamed lockdown the fucking idiot.

fernandopartridge

The second point is terrifying. I don't believe police officers should be in possession of a warrant card or any other police uniform or equipment apart from what they are on duty.

I think the Met should be paying compensation to the victim's family.

Nick

Administrator
I always assumed they had to leave their cuffs, baton etc at the station rather than just taking them home?

If he was called the Rapist, then yeah people would have had an idea so why was he still in the police?

clint van damme

Yeah because it was standard for people to be handcuffed during lockdown. That woman is absolutely vile.

Some fella posted literally what you posted about what do you tell your daughters and that was her answer, horrible piece of work.

jimmyhillsfanclub

He Used his handcuffs and police status to kidnap her in broad daylight in front of witnesses. That’s just chilling and as the parent of two girls I’ve no idea what to tell them to keep them safe, or as a bystander what is do in such a situation.

Frightening.....and even though we know its a "one-off"....its done massive damage with regards to the publics trust of police.....which in cities especially is already at an all time low.....

Only danger to him is himself, he's no seeing another prison in Prison.

Officially you're probably right......but someone will get access to him i'm sure......blind eyes will be turned.....hopefully for good long tea break...

Liquid Gold

The most chilling thing of the whole lot is there must have been a point where she realised she wasn't being taken to a police station. It keeps popping into my mind what she must have said to him to try and get away.

As for the "just bad apples" excuse, people seem to forget the whole saying is 'one bad apple spoils the bunch'. The police need to sort out their shit because they're managing to alienate big chunks of the population and their default response to anything is to close ranks, deny and protect the officers. If there is even a hint of officers not protecting the public they need to be investigated and if any wrong doing found then sacked and prosecuted.

I'd be up for a system that pays the police a lot more than they currently receive but if they are found abusing their powers at all then it's instant custodial.

David O'Day

The most chilling thing of the whole lot is there must have been a point where she realised she wasn't being taken to a police station. It keeps popping into my mind what she must have said to him to try and get away.

As for the "just bad apples" excuse, people seem to forget the whole saying is 'one bad apple spoils the bunch'. The police need to sort out their shit because they're managing to alienate big chunks of the population and their default response to anything is to close ranks, deny and protect the officers. If there is even a hint of officers not protecting the public they need to be investigated and if any wrong doing found then sacked and prosecuted.

I'd be up for a system that pays the police a lot more than they currently receive but if they are found abusing their powers at all then it's instant custodial.

As I said Cressida Dick must go as she's the closer of ranks in chief, lots of her own offers want her gone as well

Sadly she's too egotistical to admit her part in all this.

Bennettbarnet

Not true though is it. Fart at the wrong moment and the police will be serving regs on you. And if they don't, the IOPC will be happy to lynch you as part of their witch hunt.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

rob9872

She'll only be replaced with another administrating political number cruncher though. The days of genuine policing are sadly a thing of the past and I think whoever is at the top will be held accountable only for things that damage the current political climate. Sad state of affairs but I doubt we'll ever get anyone decent at the top again.

oakey

Wayne Couzens

X
Cressida Dick
Kirsty Allsop
Katie Hopkins

Any names I've missed?

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
Wayne Couzens

Katie Price
Cressida Dick
Kirsty Allsop
Katie Hopkins

Any names I've missed?

They are all literally dicks?

Not sure Katie Price is on this thread though so if you want to look for men's vs women's names across the forum to balance it out....

Bugsy

clint van damme

Not true though is it. Fart at the wrong moment and the police will be serving regs on you. And if they don't, the IOPC will be happy to lynch you as part of their witch hunt.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

It is true. There are hundreds of serving MET officers with convictions as serious as fraud, assault, and drug offences

oakey

They are all literally dicks?

Not sure Katie Price is on this thread though so if you want to look for men's vs women's names across the forum to balance it out....
Good point.
I shall edit my post to remove her name as she is irrelevant to this case.
Shall I remove the names Katie Hopkins and Kirsty Allsop too, since though I agree they are idiots, their ill-judged comments have been selected for special censure on this thread?
Or shall I let the posters who chose to highlight them do that even though I see them as irrelevant?

Users who are viewing this thread