Sarah Everard (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skybluefaz

Off topic, but I do wonder just how much damage all boys/girls do. Woodlands and Tile Hill wood were terrible ideas here for example as they have zero idea how to talk or treat each over.
I don't understand how you build a more progressive society by having institutions that separate people/kids by gender or religion. I wouldn't have any of it.

clint van damme

I went to a boys school and apart from occasionally being found knocking one out in a wardrobe with an orange in my mouth and a carrier bag on my head it’s done me no harm at all

You forgot yo mention you were also wearing the chocolate Brown away top. Want to save yourself the embarrassment.

SG21

I don't understand how you build a more progressive society by having institutions that separate people/kids by gender or religion. I wouldn't have any of it.

I was lucky enough to get out of woodlands (hated the place) early. My sister had 1 year at tile hill wood and she found them all rather embarrassing. She told me this bloke was doing repairs one day and the girls were all going around saying "isn't he dreamy!", "so hot" etc.

When my sister finally saw him, he was a 50+ year old grey haired fat bloke. They were that desperate for some interactions they were actually interested in him 🤦‍♂️

D

Deleted member 4439

I was lucky enough to get out of woodlands (hated the place) early.

Shit place - completely failed attempt at supposed levelling up, when in fact all it did was level down (my experience, of course).

SG21

Shit place - completely failed attempt at supposed levelling up, when in fact all it did was level down (my experience, of course).

Same. My grades were okay before I went there. The teachers had no control and didn't care either. As soon as I left, I redid my exams and did far better.

Travs

I think this is another issue where opinions are getting polarised (who'dve thunk it).

I've jumped in on several occasions when seeing things that aren't right...

- a guy threatening his "girlfriend" on the canal basin bridge and threatening to throw her off (as usual it ended up with her taking the boyfriends side and trying to bottle me)

- a road rage incident on Cov ring road with a guy smashing hell out of a woman through a car window.

- also jumped in on a similarly horrific incident on a Birmingham train when a drugged up guy carrying a can of petrol was giving out a lot of terrible racist and threatening behaviour to another passenger.

On all occasions i was more pissed off that in very busy situations, absolutely nobody else got involved. I don't want a knife, gun, can of petrol etc pulled out on me, but sometimes you just have to stand up.

I don't think crossing the road for women is a good idea at all... its another thing that will be done by some people, and those who don't it will be another thing to throw at them and cause division.

On a slightly unrelated note i feel the same about the entire issue of racism and various other discrimination in football..... it's great taking a knee for the cameras in the premier league... but are any of those players speaking out against the upcoming Qatar World Cup... when it comes to the crunch, how many of them will turn up and play in a tournament that was bought by bribery, and has a lot of explaining to do in terms of human rights in relation to how many sections of society are treated, not to mention the "slave labour" involved in their construction industry (including the venues which hold the matches)?

Platitudes are great in theory, but don't really solve anything.

I suppose that makes me "part of the problem" in some people's eyes.

Grendel

The lack of concern from the met regarding the indecent exposure incident will probably at last being Cressida Dick down

oakey

I suppose in hindsight I shouldn’t have piled in unless asked specifically to help? Don’t know.
You did the right thing. It should not be socially acceptable to harass another person in public- Male or female.
I know this is dangerous for an individual but we collectively should call it out.

Sky Blue Pete

My wife and I were confused why it was a surprise that police officers commit crime or Gp’s or nurses. Surely there’s a percentage in every profession that commit crime

oakey

I was lucky enough to get out of woodlands (hated the place) early. My sister had 1 year at tile hill wood and she found them all rather embarrassing. She told me this bloke was doing repairs one day and the girls were all going around saying "isn't he dreamy!", "so hot" etc.

When my sister finally saw him, he was a 50+ year old grey haired fat bloke. They were that desperate for some interactions they were actually interested in him 🤦‍♂️
I went to Tile Hill wood and was 'going out with' the caretaker's son. He was 16, I was 15. The other girls behaved as if I had hit the jackpot and he was Brad Pitt.
Happy days!

Otis

My wife and I were confused why it was a surprise that police officers commit crime or Gp’s or nurses. Surely there’s a percentage in every profession that commit crime
Yes.

More than a fair share of dodgy coppers that's for sure, too.

Sky Blue Pete

Yes.

More than a fair share of dodgy coppers that's for sure, too.
I’m sure it’s really unhelpful that certain professions carry a you can’t touch me card and if you just look at allit, shipman, clergy and these police cases you’ll see why

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

The usual mob have been on there in an attempt to cancel her for using common sense.

A young woman has lost her life, and the main point of discussion is about what percentage of men are women beaters etc. If we are not careful we will end up with one demographic constantly wanting special treatment, and an even more unequal society.

On a side note, frequently with domestic incidents, the victim (usually, but not always the woman) will defend their abuser if someone tries to interject. I've seen it happen three or four times. Intervening in such situations, or crossing the street, even holding a door for a member of the opposite sex I have also seen be labelled as 'toxic masculinity' on a number of occasions. So what is it that, particularly feminists, want?

Yes, everyone should be able to walk home without being in fear, but life is never going to be like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread