Sad news about CCFCWAY

jimmyhillsfanclub

May 31, 2012
here
Generally avoid login here at weekends...may occassionally lurk the match thread....and always noticed his often witty beacon of positivity amongst the usual shouty moaning and mentalist noise.
Younger than me which, as I approach 50, is a sadly increasing phenomenon.

His poor poor Mrs and kids.

Enjoy yourself....its later than you think

RIP fella.

olderskyblue

Mar 22, 2011
Shocking news. A tragedy for someone so young.
RIP Wayne.
Condolences to his family.

RedSalmon

Mar 25, 2011
Very sad news. I never met you Wayne but always enjoyed your posts, my thoughts go out to your family and friends. RIP.

skyblueindorset

Mar 21, 2011
North Dorset
Horrible news. Taken from his family at much too young an age. Just before Christmas makes it even more sad.

Reactions: BornSlippySkyBlue

Fergusons_Beard

Aug 18, 2011
Awful news & such a young age.

Really feel for those left behind.

All my very best to his family & friends.

PUSB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Apr 16, 2010
Coventry
Truly terrible news. My deepest sympathy and best wishes to his family and friends. Very sad.

AFCCOVENTRY

Aug 1, 2011
Wonder if the club could recognise one its own somehow? Not sure what but even a mention...

Reactions: sw88

letsallsingtogether

Jun 30, 2012
coventry
This is incredibly difficult to write.

Wayne Harrison, a very active contributor to this forum and lifelong Sky Blues fan passed away suddenly this week. Out of nowhere, at the age of 43, he suffered a brain aneurysm and didn't make it. He leaves behind a wife and young son as well as a void that will be felt by many.

He loved his football club and I know how much he enjoyed the interaction on here.

Life is short everyone.

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

letsallsingtogether

Jun 30, 2012
coventry
How very Sad RIP young man.
Spoke to him on a couple of occasions, such a nice fella.

Bugsy

Aug 13, 2012
Coventry
Condolences to his family and friends. Thoughts and prayers to them.

RIP in sky blue heaven ccfcway

torchomatic

Feb 25, 2008
Warwick
Jesus. Awful news. Life is so fragile.

RIP to him. Thinking of his family.

Great_Expectations

Mar 18, 2011
Horrible news and thoughts with his family.

Didnt know him personally but he was a very active part of this forum, and we probably all read his thoughts on a daily basis, something we now won’t do again. It makes it feel very close to home.

RIP Wayne.

Reactions: Otis

Johhny Blue

Feb 1, 2013
Alberta, Canada
With all this Covid stuff I'm on my ass financially but if his wife needs any printing doing for the funeral etc I'm happy to do it free of charge and send to her. Let me know.
Slightly unrelated but it would be good to know how many on here are self employed or even looking for work and maybe we could support each other a little.

Hertsccfc

Apr 29, 2018
Just realise which poster he was. Always seemed positive and made good comments. Sounded like a great guy. This is so sad.

Reactions: Otis

The Reverend Skyblue

Apr 7, 2011
Norfolk
Just logged on for the first time since the match day thread and saw this terrible news.
Ccfcway was a great poster and made me smile so many times. My heart and prayers go out to his wife,son and wider family.
I stopped drinking whisky about a year ago, but still have a little left in a bottle hidden away in the back of a kitchen cabinet, but I'll get it out straightaway and have a wee dram in tribute to another great SKy blue talker we've sadly lost.

Last edited:

steve cooper

Dec 6, 2017
Terrible news, so sad.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Dec 15, 2015
Just seen this. In what is increasingly becoming more of a crazy house on here, he was a very balanced poster and I enjoyed his contribution considerably. He seemed like a really decent bloke.

I agree on the sentiments regarding putting the swords away for a bit. In fact, I'm leaning more and more towards there being a SBT meet up at some stage. This year really is shit, it is just such an empty feeling when someone's time is up and you didn't even get to meet them.

Rest in peace, Wayne.

Moff

Apr 2, 2011
Deepest Warwickshire
Have just logged in for the first time for a while and seen this tragic news, please pass on my condolences to his family.

I really enjoyed Wayne's posts and shall miss his positivity something we all need to remember, as life can be very fragile.

Gynnsthetonic

Mar 9, 2012
Shocking, having a young family myself this has jolted me and made me think embrace your life as its so precious, you just don't know what's round the corner. You can just tell by the photos that he was a lovely guy, so sad for his family!
PUSB