Ryan Kent to (actually) be recalled (3 Viewers)

SkyBlue_Bear83

Interesting not sure he's ready for premier league
Liverpool have Europa league, FA Cup and capital one cup fixtures coming up in January. I imagine he will get a few run outs in those competitions. No chance he will be competing for a spot in the premier league squad.

Specs WT-R75

I think we will look back at this kid in 2-3 years and see a real star... assuming he is willing to learn and doesn't do a Whelan :)

Quite possibly the most talented player (with no end product) I have ever seen.

If he is willing to ditch Gillingham I would like to see us get Dominic Samuel back after Jan 2nd... but I guess Gillingham are in the drivers seat with that one.

Otis

I think we will look back at this kid in 2-3 years and see a real star... assuming he is willing to learn and doesn't do a Whelan :)

Quite possibly the most talented player (with no end product) I have ever seen.

If he is willing to ditch Gillingham I would like to see us get Dominic Samuel back after Jan 2nd... but I guess Gillingham are in the drivers seat with that one.
'The most talented player with no end product?' Isn't that like an opera singer who can't hit the high notes or a ballet dancer who can't spin? ;)

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Surprised by the decision not even our best right sided player, will probably turn out decent but he's frustrated the life out of me this season.

Guessing Klopp wants to throw him in v Exeter in the cup next Friday perfect game for him to make an impact.

From a City point of View I look forward to Lameires getting more game time.

Specs WT-R75

Agree that this is likely good news for Lameiras too. Would be nice to see the group from the first few games getting some game time together again.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Along with Bigi and Cole is say he was one of the more disposable loans we have.

When we first got him, I'd have rated him ahead of Murphy, however as time has gone on I think Murphy offers us more, especially when he's in that number 10 position.

No way is he ready for Liverpool first team though!

Anyone know if the 'tweeter' is reliable? Most aren't tbf!

chiefdave

There's no way he's close to being ready to be in or around their first team.

If we're going to lose a loan player I don't mind losing him.

CCFCKirky

Thank god for that!! I am glad he is being called back simply because I think we are a better team without him in the lineup, he is exciting to watch no doubt, but he loses the ball way to easily and tries to make plays when someone else is in a better position to score

Otis

Thank god for that!! I am glad he is being called back simply because I think we are a better team without him in the lineup, he is exciting to watch no doubt, but he loses the ball way to easily and tries to make plays when someone else is in a better position to score
Thing is, we've probably blown a shed load of opportunities due to him not passing and going it alone when there has been someone in a better position if the right pass had been made.

nmp2327

Good luck to Ryan, he is going to be a world class player as he develops and we will all be able say we saw him play in our Sky Blue shirt.

idm1975

Absolutely no doubting his talent and he scared the shit out of many defenders during his time here. I think he will be a star in a cpl of years and we are lucky ro have seen him in our shirt. I do think it will balance our team out a bit more though.

Evo1883

Think many of you are being too harsh on him , one of the most talented individuals I have seen at his age especially in this league .
With some work he will be a star

Otis

Think many of you are being too harsh on him , one of the most talented individuals I have seen at his age especially in this league .
Don't think it is harsh myself. No-one can deny the fact that he had no end product. He might well be a great player in a couple of years, but for us it was a bit of a wasted loan in many ways.

As someone has said, 1 goal and 1 assist in 16 matches.

No-one is saying he hasn't got talent, but if there is no end product to all the skill, it does make the whole thing a little pointless.

Kingokings204

The general opinion is he has bags of skill but no end product and that's exactly what I say.

He clearly is fast and skillful but his football brain and end product is nil. No loss to us that's for sure. Maddison is the same age and has the end product.

Wish him all the best but no loss for our promotion push.

shmmeee

Just been playing FIFA as City, started Kent for his pace, got sick of him spooning shots and crosses and swapped him out for JOB. Art mirrors life.

At the end of the day I'd rather Madders, Lameiras or Thomas got a game ahead of him as they're all at the same stage of readiness for first team football.

shmmeee

His skill in amazing, probably the best in the team, but it doesn't get us anywhere.

standupforcity

Thing is, we've probably blown a shed load of opportunities due to him not passing and going it alone when there has been someone in a better position if the right pass had been made.

Hang on...didn't I say exactly that a few threads back?!! Glad you agree with me Otis...we're well shot of him. Just not a team player. The opening season balance has a chance to reform, and turn in some quality team performances.....

Otis

Hang on...didn't I say exactly that a few threads back?!! Glad you agree with me Otis...we're well shot of him. Just not a team player. The opening season balance has a chance to reform, and turn in some quality team performances.....
I think at times we have had to accommodate him in the team. Can't see Liverpool being happy if we had just put him on the bench, so could be Mowbray's hand was forced to a degree.

I think we can be a better, more cohesive team without him and both Murphy and Maddison are better anyway.

PVA

Absolutely no doubting his talent and he scared the shit out of many defenders during his time here. I think he will be a star in a cpl of years and we are lucky ro have seen him in our shirt. I do think it will balance our team out a bit more though.

Agree with this.

I like him and have enjoyed watching him, he is a talent and really gets you out of your seat when he's skipping past players for fun.

His end product is generally poor, if he sorts that out then like you I think he can go right to the top and we'll see him on TV and say remember when he played for Coventry in league one!

Gazolba

Even though his end-product has been lacking, his departure will reduce TM's options and put more pressure on the rest of the squad. So I view this as a big negative. I expect he will be brilliant for Liverpool.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
He is only going to miss the Walsall game isn't he? His loan was until the 16th.

He has 1 assist and 1 goal, Joe Cole has the same with 10 less games.

Otis

Even though his end-product has been lacking, his departure will reduce TM's options and put more pressure on the rest of the squad. So I view this as a big negative. I expect he will be brilliant for Liverpool.
Can't see that Gazolba, because surely space is available now for new loans to come in. Can't believe TM will just leave a blank space and besides we now have Maddison back and he's at a better level than Kent is right now.

Walskyn

I know a winger isn't a priority but if we did want to replace Kent I would go for Michael Petrasso of QPR. Can't believe nobody in this division have got him.
[h=1][/h]

Users who are viewing this thread