Ryan Kent to (actually) be recalled (1 Viewer)

SlowerThanPlatt

[MENTION=1217]Paul[/MENTION]joycexpress: Liverpool to recall Ryan Kent from loan spell at Coventry City after this weekend. Jurgen Klopp plans to include winger in first team squad

torchomatic

Out of all the loans he's the one I'd have chosen to be recalled early.

oxymoron

yeh, agree.

TM said he would be announcing both after the game on sat. really hope that doesn't mean it was going to be the same for both him and AA

stupot07

Was always expecting this, Klopp says he doesn't like the loan system and prefers to keep youngsters at the academy to develop them. Doubt he will see much game time for Liverpool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Otis

Was always expecting this, Klopp says he doesn't like the loan system and prefers to keep youngsters at the academy to develop them. Doubt he will see much game time for Liverpool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)
If any at all. He is so raw and nowhere near ready enough for the Premier League. Not even sure he is ready for League One to be honest.

If I were Klopp I would keep him in the U21 side for the rest of the season.

mrtrench

Glad to see the back of him. He's all fur coat and no knickers (borrowed from Big Ron I believe about Nick Barnby).

Hadji10

Not ready for pro football yet. Clearly has a lot of talent, probably 12 months too soon for him to be playing for a League 1 club.

Not one bit arsed about him going back.

clint van damme

not too bothered about this, been nice to keep him but hopefully it will free up funds to strengthen elsewhere.

Otis

Glad to see the back of him. He's all fur coat and no knickers (borrowed from Big Ron I believe about Nick Barnby).
I'm not convinced he is going to make it big. He had bags of skill for sure, but then so did Kevin Thornton. I think Adam Armstrong is going to go much further in the game than Ryan Kent.

Hope he does well, but I think he may not turn out to be all they think he'll be.

mrtrench

I'm not convinced he is going to make it big. He had bags of skill for sure, but then so did Kevin Thornton. I think Adam Armstrong is going to go much further in the game than Ryan Kent.

Hope he does well, but I think he may not turn out to be all they think he'll be.

All he needs to do is grow up a little bit, he plays like a kid: show-boating rather than creating for the team. If he learns to use his skill to draw defenders and then makes the killer pass to a team mate in space he'll do well. Until that day he's of no use to any team.

KG7

I think we'll miss him more than we think. His pace and skill often moves us up the pitch and turns defence into attack. Yes, he's frustrating, but like Murphy he can change the flow of the game in a matter of seconds. Also good at tracking back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

pusbccfc

He is a player I think will go on to play in the Premier League, but right now he is way off. His end product is truly pathetic. I have been watching him before the matches during the shooting practice and it is shocking to see someone so poor at finishing.
He has done well in being a short-term replacement for Maddison when he got injured, but now he is back he wouldn't have got in the team.

Good luck to him as he seems a decent lad and it would be nice to see an ex-Cov loanee to go on to big things, it reflects good on us!

JimmyHillsbeard

I quite like him but the final product isn't always there. He's here to learn the trade and that's what he has been doing while Maddisoon was injured. Can't help feeling that it might have been a more stellar loan period if the perfectly good goal he scored on debut had not been disallowed.

if he is recalled, we should wish him well.

I simply cannot forgive the split infinitive in the title thread though.

Samo

This frees up some wages and gives TM the opportunity to freshen things in January after an indifferent spell.

StevieM

He has always offered an option for the manager to use, hopefully TM has another one on the radar who may give us a bit more.
You can never have too many options at your disposal, as other City managers have found out when our squads have resembled a barrel of shite.

Greggs

If he gets the chance to play for Liverpool, i hope he actually plays for the team and not just for himself, because he wont last ten minutes!

stevefloyd

He has bags of skill but theres no point drifting past people then giving the ball away, real real shame but thats what it is! I cannot say I am too bothered about him going back, I really hope that this has helped him in his young career but hopefully we can get someone in now who does impact games in a substantial way

Pipehitterz

all bells no whistles
fantastic talent, but no end product
i fully expect him in championship after this loan spell, and probably hugely talent in prem when hes matured

he has however given us something in a few games, drawn defenders to him, but all the players are struggling to break down these defensive teams in the past 7 games, so we need something else, a 442 , a big ass forward, and not 4 tinkle toed forwards

thank him for the skills and the show, but go learn your trade, and youll be huge mate:claping hands::claping hands::claping hands:

jassie78

Yep its confirmed from another source.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpool-recall-teenage-loanee-ryan-7098885?

The lad has amazing pace and dances past defenders but I would like him to work more on his finishing. However he did cause defenders to panic and double up on him which opened up space for other cov players.

I would like to thank the lad for the cover he provided when Maddison was injured and wish him success for the future, Thanks Ryan.

standupforcity

Thank goodness. I think he'll sink without a trace cos he's not a team player...never will be. He's had enough time here to develop that awareness, but he hasn't. Really hope this means Lameiras gets the regular start he deserves.

Otis

I think we'll miss him more than we think. His pace and skill often moves us up the pitch and turns defence into attack. Yes, he's frustrating, but like Murphy he can change the flow of the game in a matter of seconds. Also good at tracking back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yep, like Murphy and we have Murphy.

standupforcity

Kent was also one of the most predictable players on the field. With him gone the excitement can return with JOB and Lameiras as regular starters. Maddison and Lameiras were brilliant together at start of season....

Users who are viewing this thread