Ryan Howley (1 Viewer)

Saddlebrains

Seems to be fully in the first team picture at the moment

Anyone know much about him, and is he the real deal?

PVA

He's a central midfielder right?

I guess with Kelly and Eccles injured we're short of bodies there at the moment. Will be interesting to see if he's ahead of Allen and Shipley there.

higgs

Seems to be fully in the first team picture at the moment

Anyone know much about him, and is he the real deal?
No but some of the posters mentioned he's a fairly big unit of a young fella must be highly rated to be close to first team squad already

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

larry_david

If anyone's got him on insta he's added some highlights over the seasons of his play. I think most of them do, why not

tommy hutch legend

No but some of the posters mentioned he's a fairly big unit of a young fella must be highly rated to be close to first team squad already

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Think he came on at Cheltenham second half if it was him looked tidy player

slowpoke

He’s one hell of a unit for a 17 year old i’m a believer if you are good enough you are old enough I don’t expect him to be a regular yet but don’t think he’s that far off. I don’t watch the U/23 or 18s but my mate does regularly and he’s been talking about Howley for ages.

Terry_dactyl

He’s one hell of a unit for a 17 year old i’m a believer if you are good enough you are old enough I don’t expect him to be a regular yet but don’t think he’s that far off. I don’t watch the U/23 or 18s but my mate does regularly and he’s been talking about Howley for ages.
What’s your mate been saying about him?

edgy

Liked what I saw in pre-season. Didn't hide and was always brave to show for the ball. Has a good build too, not something you see often in a 17 year old. Hopefully he'll get some more sniffs at men's football, should we be comfortable in games. Big chance until Kelly returns.

Evo1883

First time I'd seen him last night , built like Steven Gerrard at the same age , hopefully the lad plays like him too 🤣

TomRad85

Let's hope the Wales coaches don't turn his head as happened with George Thomas and Cian Harries
Great that the lad is doing so well though
Can't see it. We're not the same club that George Thomas left. In hindsight neither him or Harries are good enough for where we are now at anyway.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

slowpoke

That’s the trouble to repeat a soccer cliche there are no easy games in this division so giving him a game to see how he fares is perhaps not an option but he’s seen as good enough for a matchday squad which is good.

edgy

That’s the trouble to repeat a soccer cliche there are no easy games in this division so giving him a game to see how he fares is perhaps not an option but he’s seen as good enough for a matchday squad which is good.

I'm thinking more like if we ever get the luxury of being 2 up with 15 to play, then that's his chance. Can't see him ever starting unless we are forced to.

PVA

It's not just ability or 'best' young player...

"Judges will take playing records, educational attainments and disciplinary records into account as well as any other outstanding achievements. One winner is selected per division, with all three being celebrated on the night."

Terry_dactyl

It's not just ability or 'best' young player...

"Judges will take playing records, educational attainments and disciplinary records into account as well as any other outstanding achievements. One winner is selected per division, with all three being celebrated on the night."
Well, most of the previous winners look pretty decent to me…breterton(-Diaz), Sessegnon, Lookman, Bellingham etc.

Well done regardless!

Tea & Busquets

Well, most of the previous winners look pretty decent to me…breterton(-Diaz), Sessegnon, Lookman, Bellingham etc.

Well done regardless!
Well done to the lad indeed, but if it was purely based on playing ability and what’s been accomplished on the field i’m not sure how he would have edged it over Jordan James of Brum. Howley must be very good academically.

rob9872

Well done to the lad indeed, but if it was purely based on playing ability and what’s been accomplished on the field i’m not sure how he would have edged it over Jordan James of Brum. Howley must be very good academically.
Which is great for him and I'm pleased but I'd rather he was the lovechild of Kane and Beckham and couldn't string a sentence together if he had their footballing ability.

Tea & Busquets

Which is great for him and I'm pleased but I'd rather he was the lovechild of Kane and Beckham and couldn't string a sentence together if he had their footballing ability.
I'm sure he possesses the best of both worlds. If it was purely academical then where is my EFL apprentice of the year award!

Users who are viewing this thread