Ryan Howley (2 Viewers)

D

Deleted member 8266

Well done to the lad indeed, but if it was purely based on playing ability and what’s been accomplished on the field i’m not sure how he would have edged it over Jordan James of Brum. Howley must be very good academically.
It’s not just field achievements though is it ? I was told that he missed 5 months of last season with a fractured back which put his development on hold so was probably playing catch up to a certain extent. He will also have to juggle his educational demands with travelling / training with the first team and my understanding is that he is excelling academically. Good luck to the lad…

Tea & Busquets

It’s not just field achievements though is it ? I was told that he missed 5 months of last season with a fractured back which put his development on hold so was probably playing catch up to a certain extent. He will also have to juggle his educational demands with travelling / training with the first team and my understanding is that he is excelling academically. Good luck to the lad…
Yes I said this…

Briles

I can see a a loan move for him next season. But a decent one.

SBT

Maybe Josh Eccles at Gillingham was a decent loan where the lad played a lot of competitive football until getting injured

He’s the only player since Callum Wilson who I can think of who has kicked on after we’ve loaned them out. Our loan strategy seems to be one of crowd control/cost control rather than player development.

larry_david

If Howley goes out it needs to be the right club, the right league and the right fit. Having him sat on the bench all season like Cashman/Drysdale and co are doing, whilst they are getting match day experience, it's not ideal is it. I'm not 100% happy with Jack Burroughs loan either. Every time i've seen him play (about 4 times admittedly) he's looked excellent for Cov, strong, pacey, either foot, great engine, eye for goal, tall, athletic. I can't believe he's hardly featured for them since November onwards.

better days

If Howley goes out it needs to be the right club, the right league and the right fit. Having him sat on the bench all season like Cashman/Drysdale and co are doing, whilst they are getting match day experience, it's not ideal is it. I'm not 100% happy with Jack Burroughs loan either. Every time i've seen him play (about 4 times admittedly) he's looked excellent for Cov, strong, pacey, either foot, great engine, eye for goal, tall, athletic. I can't believe he's hardly featured for them since November onwards.
Yeah can't understand why he's not played more
I thought Jack Burroughs was the outstanding one for his group here

larry_david

Yeah can't understand why he's not played more
I thought Jack Burroughs was the outstanding one for his group here
Can only assume he's a victim of his versatility and they're keeping him on the bench to fill in LB, RB, CB, DM, AM, CF which I think he's played for them. Only position he hasn't is GK! @SBchimp will obviously know more, and i'm sure Jack has learnt alot and will come back for it experienced and ready to rock but i'd hoped he'd have been a starter in the SPL.

Brighton Sky Blue

He’s the only player since Callum Wilson who I can think of who has kicked on after we’ve loaned them out. Our loan strategy seems to be one of crowd control/cost control rather than player development.

It’s a bit funny sending as many as we have up to Ross County, miles from civilisation. Perhaps a not very subtle message

SBchimp

Can only assume he's a victim of his versatility and they're keeping him on the bench to fill in LB, RB, CB, DM, AM, CF which I think he's played for them. Only position he hasn't is GK! @SBchimp will obviously know more, and i'm sure Jack has learnt alot and will come back for it experienced and ready to rock but i'd hoped he'd have been a starter in the SPL.
Its maybe not ended as well as it first started. He's played around 20 times, started games at both Celtic Park and Ibrox in front of 50- 60,000 fans and during his time up there played 6 times for the Scotland u21's.
He's also had 3 injuries that cost him at least a couple of months.

But he's not started a club game since January!!
I think he'll come back hungry, and will view it as a positive experience.

larry_david

Its maybe not ended as well as it first started. He's played around 20 times, started games at both Celtic Park and Ibrox in front of 50- 60,000 fans and during his time up there played 6 times for the Scotland u21's.

Fingers crossed for a start before the end of the season, especially as they made top 6 (and won me £330 in doing so) :D

better days

That's got to stand him in good stead
Reckon we'll see him in the early preseason games when he'll have a chance to make a mark

shmmeee

Out of interest what does he see as his position? CM I assume.

Legia Sky Blue

Seem to remember us loaning Stern John to Derby where he wasn't very successful. When he came back though he soon played for us against Derby when we won 6-1 and he scored a couple!

SBT

Thinking about other players who went out on loan and came back better:

1. McSheffrey went to Luton on loan and nearly signed permanently but came back a better player
2. Adebola went to Bradford and regained his confidence and then started to look like he belonged at Championship level

And this is what, 17 years ago?! I wonder why so few of our young players have prospered while being sent out on loan. People on here always say that our young prospects desperately need a loan, but it’s almost always a death knell for their CCFC careers.

better days

And this is what, 17 years ago?! I wonder why so few of our young players have prospered while being sent out on loan. People on here always say that our young prospects desperately need a loan, but it’s almost always a death knell for their CCFC careers.
Drysdale did well last year with Cambridge Utd but this season's loan has been a damp squib

Grendel

Most players don’t either way. How many loans have we had that have done nothing when going back to their parent club?

better days

Most players don’t either way. How many loans have we had that have done nothing when going back to their parent club?
A few
Maybe not with their parent club but Armstrong, Kent and Murphy have all done pretty well and were transferred for big money

Grendel

A few
Maybe not with their parent club but Armstrong, Kent and Murphy have all done pretty well and were transferred for big money

we have had loads of loans from Reckford through to Flovili who’ve just vanished - those 3 weee all in the same season and a huge differential From the norm. I’d bet 90% of our loans over the years have literally vanished without trace and barely made a living out the game

fernandopartridge

we have had loads of loans from Reckford through to Flovili who’ve just vanished - those 3 weee all in the same season and a huge differential From the norm. I’d bet 90% of our loans over the years have literally vanished without trace and barely made a living out the game
We had another midfielder from Arsenal on loan that season Connor Henderson, last heard playing in the Bulgarian league

stupot07

We had another midfielder from Arsenal on loan that season Connor Henderson, last heard playing in the Bulgarian league
And we had that striker who was meant to go on to big things, he used to go back and play for Arsenal u18s...Chuba Akpom.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Grendel

Vernon, Paige, Sterry, Agyei, wright, Rawson all signed on loan in one season - such a success afterwards

Users who are viewing this thread