Ryan Giles (2 Viewers)

Perryccfc

I think there is deffo a player in Giles, really like how he can run with the ball and deliver a good cross. Don’t think he’s a defender though. If a team can utilise him properly then I think he would be a cracking player to have in the team. Just doesn’t suit how we play.

South West Sky Blue

Not seen anyone mention this so thought I'd bring it up.

At the end of the Rotherham game, Sky TV picked up on Robins taking Giles to one side after the game and had what seemed to be a healthy chat with the lad. Giles smiled at the end and both clapped each others elbow. Looks like a very positive conversation. Wonder what was said and.....

Would you have him back next season ? Either loan or bought ?
I picked up on that as well. Wondered whether he was trying to build bridges in case we can’t get Sam back for next year.
Not convinced myself, but not an impossibility.
Still wondering whether it’s partly profession / personal courtesy, and partly coz Giles could potentially harbour a grudge and put other players off joining us on loan if we didn’t maintain decent relations. Weren’t we interested in Otawusie at the start of the season?

Then again, could be over-analysing this like a 15 year old schoolchild!

Happy_Martian

More likely just a friendly conversation between two people who know each other

Quite possibly but it wasn't two players chatting on the halfway line like we see regularly. The body language seemed more intense than that. Could have been building bridges or checking on his progress. Just a general observation and polling of members opinions as we'll never know publicly anyway.

Happy_Martian

I picked up on that as well. Wondered whether he was trying to build bridges in case we can’t get Sam back for next year.
Not convinced myself, but not an impossibility.
Still wondering whether it’s partly profession / personal courtesy, and partly coz Giles could potentially harbour a grudge and put other players off joining us on loan if we didn’t maintain decent relations. Weren’t we interested in Otawusie at the start of the season?

Then again, could be over-analysing this like a 15 year old schoolchild!

I agree. Could just have been checking on his progress to gauge if he's ready for us next season. Or could be offering training tips. It just seemed more manager/player personal than 2 friends chatting like players do on the halfway line.

slowpoke

We do need left footed players added to the squad and I thought in the early part of the season Giles looked good going forward but final ball was iffy. Wouldn’t bother me if we signed him up. depending on fee.

Brighton Sky Blue

If we go for him and McCallum I’ll be straight down to B&Q looking for some sturdy rope.

giphy.gif

slowpoke

Ryan Giles is a super young talent who will get better flows at pace with the ball at his feet has things to improve upon, final ball needs improvement but can say that with Dabo, would I sign him on a permanent yes. Will we perhaps not.

TM8792

Ryan Giles is a super young talent who will get better flows at pace with the ball at his feet has things to improve upon, final ball needs improvement but can say that with Dabo, would I sign him on a permanent yes. Will we perhaps not.

Curious as to what you've seen from him that makes him a "super young talent"?

David O'Day

Just think he's stuck in no man's land. Not defensively strong enough to be a wing back, not effective enough to be a wide forward. Not sure he will improve enough in either direction to make it. Hope he does for his sake.
Rotherham was a bad move as he was never going to be a regular as he isn't a 6ft something orc.

slowpoke

I thought he started last season well in what was a team inconsistent due to our injury situation. McCallum is definitely a better defender but with the right players around him imo opinion Giles could be really affective on the left side going forward and we are short of left sided players.

TM8792

I just don't really think he offers anything as a full back attacking or defensively. He has pace, but he can't defend and can't beat a man to save his life.

Users who are viewing this thread