Ryan Giles (1 Viewer)

Happy_Martian

Not seen anyone mention this so thought I'd bring it up.

At the end of the Rotherham game, Sky TV picked up on Robins taking Giles to one side after the game and had what seemed to be a healthy chat with the lad. Giles smiled at the end and both clapped each others elbow. Looks like a very positive conversation. Wonder what was said and.....

Would you have him back next season ? Either loan or bought ?

clint van damme

At the end of the Rotherham game, Sky TV picked up on Robins taking Giles to one side after the game and had what seemed to be a healthy chat with the lad. Giles smiled at the end and both clapped each others elbow. Looks like a very positive conversation. Wonder what was said and.....

Have him back?,Why? He's shite.

skybluepm2

He mentioned Giles in the post match interview and alluded to that he ‘wasn’t best pleased’ that he went to Rotherham after being recalled. Was a good attacking outlet in the early stages of the season, not so great defensively. Surprised Wolves have rewarded him with a 5 year deal given that he hasn’t really proven himself at Championship level (yet).

pusbccfc

He'll be in League 2 within 2 years.

NorthernWisdom

It's significant that DaCosta looked better once he came on...

I think he does maybe have 'something', but he hasn't found it yet, so you're taking a hell of a gamble to bring him in that he does discover that 'something' with you.

Briles

I think Wolves gave him a new deal with a view to selling him for more money

stupot07

Why aren't Rotheram starting him then?
Because they continually rotate. Take Lapado, started and scored 2 against QPR in the previous game, then was on the bench against us.

Whist he was here:
We conceded 30 in 22 games 1.32 goals against per game

Since leaving:
We have conceded 25 in 18 games 1.39 goals against per game.

All I'm saying is, ita become an urban myth that we conceded loads in the team with him in, and that he was the reason, and we have been better since, which isn't true.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Evo1883

Because they continually rotate. Take Lapado, started and scored 2 against QPR in the previous game, then was on the bench against us.

He's normally second choice anyway.

DannyThomas_1981

Why aren't Rotheram starting him then?
One of our best games this season was Norwich away with Dabo and Giles causing serious problems on both sides of the pitch and taking the attack to the opposition.
I was disappointed to see Giles leave and would have liked to have seen him play more for us - he's got something.
Singling out Giles for the team conceding multiple goals at a particular point in the season- seems very harsh!
As with most things on SBT; someone decided even before he played for us that he was a poor defender - didn't see it myself when he did play.

Skybluefaz

Whist he was here:

Since leaving:

Ladapo was carrying a knock. A player that has always impressed me to be honest and might be worth a look. Think people got far too carried away with Giles. Appreciate its about opinions. I think he needs another season in league one though.

Skybluefaz

One of our best games this season was Norwich away with Dabo and Giles causing serious problems on both sides of the pitch and taking the attack to the opposition.
I was disappointed to see Giles leave and would have liked to have seen him play more for us - he's got something.
Singling out Giles for the team conceding multiple goals at a particular point in the season- seems very harsh!
As with most things on SBT; someone decided even before he played for us that he was a poor defender - didn't see it myself when he did play.
I'm only judging him on what I did see. I think he was very poor in the tackle and defensively his positioning was shite. Plus Sam Mac gives you good aerial ability. That is more his particular strength though rather than me knocking Giles.

DannyThomas_1981

I'm only judging him on what I did see. I think he was very poor in the tackle and defensively his positioning was shite. Plus Sam Mac gives you good aerial ability. That is more his particular strength though rather than me knocking Giles.
That's fair, I'm a big fan of Sam's - it's amazing he was in non league just a couple of seasons ago - his progress has been sensational and not discussed enough on here.
I do think that Giles offered something different though - bringing Giles on in the last 30 minutes to run at defenders worked for me.

Evo1883

That's fair, I'm a big fan of Sam's - it's amazing he was in non league just a couple of seasons ago - his progress has been sensational and not discussed enough on here.
I do think that Giles offered something different though - bringing Giles on in the last 30 minutes to run at defenders worked for me.
Didn't work for wolves or giles though

Skybluefaz

Think he needs a full season starting in league one. He just didn't fit the systems we played to do that last 30 job. Probably more of an orthodaox winger. Not many teams playing with them these days.

Totally agree about Sam.Progress has been phenomenal. Obviously one that was misjudged as a youngster.

clint van damme

Whist he was here:

Since leaving:

All I'm saying is, ita become an urban myth that we conceded loads in the team with him in, and that he was the reason, and we have been better since, which isn't true.

Lapado pulled his groin against QPR.

Sky Blue Pete

I love that robins maintains relationships where we think it should be black and white and relationships burned. Maybe he’s still learning his trade and will be able to continue to progress the club

fernandopartridge

More likely just a friendly conversation between two people who know each other

Users who are viewing this thread