Running (3 Viewers)

Travs

The below chart may help...

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FjAAegQIAhAB&usg=AOvVaw2tWV2vIzW36huztOfpzaDx

This gives you a whole table of times for various race and rep distances... A good idea to start with would be to look at your 5km time. Then pick a 400mtr time which corresponds to about 30-45secs faster than your 5km time. Run the reps close to that speed. See how you get on and adjust from there....

Sky_Blue_Daz

Did another 3.5 miles earlier , it was very enjoyable

Travs

Track session at Pingles this morning. 6 x 1km. Struggled a bit in the heat, just about kept all the reps under 3mins45.

Hoped for a little faster but still a decent session.

CrawleySkyBlue

Track session at Pingles this morning. 6 x 1km. Struggled a bit in the heat, just about kept all the reps under 3mins45.

Hoped for a little faster but still a decent session.

Good effort that! If you were to do a 5k on track, how quick do you think you'd go?

Travs

Good effort that! If you were to do a 5k on track, how quick do you think you'd go?

My pb at Parkrun is 18:34 at Bedworth, which is by no means a flat and easy course. So I'd like to think I could have a good push for 18mins on the track on fresh legs.

Although those times from today's session would indicate I'm a little way off that right now (to be fair I ran 81 miles last week and 76 the week before, so I'm not entirely on fresh legs at the moment)

I expect you'd be looking to go sub-18 on a track...?

CrawleySkyBlue

My pb at Parkrun is 18:34 at Bedworth, which is by no means a flat and easy course. So I'd like to think I could have a good push for 18mins on the track on fresh legs.

Although those times from today's session would indicate I'm a little way off that right now (to be fair I ran 81 miles last week and 76 the week before, so I'm not entirely on fresh legs at the moment)

I expect you'd be looking to go sub-18 on a track...?

My parkrun PB is at Cov funnily enough, 18:40. I did a 5k at Bognor recently along the seafront (dead flat) and came in at 18:03 but annoyingly I ran out of promenade so had to turn around at 4.2km. So I think I could just about squeeze under 18mins. My aim is to get to sub 18mins at the Crawley parkrun, but I’m some way off that at the moment.

That’s an even better effort then considering that sort of mileage. Well done. I’m probably averaging about 40 miles a week at the moment.

Did a half marathon at the weekend in 1:25:45, which I was pleased with. Think there’s at least a 1-2 mins there I could get rid of without pedestrian traffic and in race conditions (get that fight or flight mode going).

Travs

Yes racing makes a heck of a difference... I've attempted a couple of runs of the Bedworth Parkrun course during lockdown and got nowhere near where I should be... But yet when I've got on the track and feel more "focused" my rep times have generally been good.

My pb at Cov, funnily enough, is also 18:40...!

Great_Expectations

The below chart may help...

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FjAAegQIAhAB&usg=AOvVaw2tWV2vIzW36huztOfpzaDx

This gives you a whole table of times for various race and rep distances... A good idea to start with would be to look at your 5km time. Then pick a 400mtr time which corresponds to about 30-45secs faster than your 5km time. Run the reps close to that speed. See how you get on and adjust from there....

Thanks Travs. I’ll have a play around at the weekend and give it a go next week.

I just need to find somewhere appropriate to do them. Pingles is probably my nearest track but I doubt it’s open to the public.

Rich

Thanks Travs. I’ll have a play around at the weekend and give it a go next week.

I just need to find somewhere appropriate to do them. Pingles is probably my nearest track but I doubt it’s open to the public.
It is open daily to the public.

Travs

Pingles is open but you need to book online in advance. I'll be there next Thursday evening, probably doing 800mtr reps

skyblue1991

4.7 miles this evening, longest I've done since lockdown started.

Was good to change the scenery a bit, the shorter previous route was getting very repetitive and mentally I think it makes it more of a chore.

Very warm though!

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk

larry_david

Change of route deffo helps. I still now find myself getting to 'check points' where before I'd stop for a breather. So now I get to that point and sometimes start reverting back to thinking, oh break time!

Rich

They look very impressive and great progress....

Which way on Bedworth Ln did you run?
Thanks buddy, despite putting on 7lbs during LD I’m getting plenty quicker. Possibly some weight in muscle as well as beer.

I ran Top to bottom of course . Cow Lees down to the houses. Tried to find an all downhill mile and it’s close. I could’ve done with starting by sole end business park.

Travs

Yes I thought that was most likely start point and downhill!

If I do my rep sessions there, I start at Cow Lees end, and do alternate downhill/uphill reps.

Rich

Yes I thought that was most likely start point and downhill!

If I do my rep sessions there, I start at Cow Lees end, and do alternate downhill/uphill reps.
It’s a long old drag uphill. Not sure I’d want to do too many reps up there, it gets a bit busy.

Travs

Obviosuly I'm a big supporter of uphill work! It does help. I'd be surprised if you don't eventually get roped into the odd hill session at Northbrook!

I was using Bedworth Lane/Rabbit Lane for reps in the early lockdown stages. Never found traffic an issue (may well be different now!). Main issue was the amount of flies and midges at the top end on a warm evening!

Rich

Obviosuly I'm a big supporter of uphill work! It does help. I'd be surprised if you don't eventually get roped into the odd hill session at Northbrook!

I was using Bedworth Lane/Rabbit Lane for reps in the early lockdown stages. Never found traffic an issue (may well be different now!). Main issue was the amount of flies and midges at the top end on a warm evening!
Oh yes we’ve done a good few hill sessions, my problem is going downhill with my dodgy back.

I do remember running up there once last year, once only because of the amount of midges and flies. Can’t stand them things in my eyes and mouth.

Monners

Got back into the running in the last few weeks. A couple of steady 5km a week now. The guy is starting to go, even more so if were to cut the beer down!

Sky_Blue_Daz

Just did another 3.5 miles going to add abit more to it on Friday get to 4 miles

Travs

Track session this evening.

8 x 800mtrs was the aim, but only managed 6 in the heat. Managed to keep them between 2:52-2:55 which I'd have been happy with on any day, never mind this heat...

Rich

I got back out for another mile last night. I wasn’t happy that I hit my full potential on Tuesday so had to go again before the club competition ended.

managed to get down to 5:59. Started slower and kept the pace better.

I still feel there’s plenty left to go at. Possibly a 5:45 with the right weather.

CrawleySkyBlue

I’ve had a pain come back in the outside of my right hip, which has been annoying me. Last had the pain in Feb/March, only managed 1km today but thought it best to stop and have a day off. Came home and had a good stretch. Hopefully a few days rest and some stretching will make the pain go away.

Travs

I got back out for another mile last night. I wasn’t happy that I hit my full potential on Tuesday so had to go again before the club competition ended.

managed to get down to 5:59. Started slower and kept the pace better.

I still feel there’s plenty left to go at. Possibly a 5:45 with the right weather.

In the summer months, Cov Godiva host the Warwickshire Open Graded Series... this is a series of 4 track meets (possibly May, June, July, August).

At least two of these usually have a "track mile" race, which being quite rare to be ran on track, is quite popular.

The ship may well have sailed on these for 2020, but you never know there may be one in August/September.

Pretty sure that Northbrook usually have a few competitors around at these nights.

Basically you fill in a entry form and write down your estimated time, and are then seeded into the race that best suits your pace.

Last year i was in the "b" race, which also contained 5 club-mates, and various runners from other local clubs. It was fantastic, there's nothing like inter-club rivalry to spur you on. I think 5 of us finished within about 12 seconds. I was 5th of the 6 Godiva runners in our heat, with 5:22:9..... would like to think i could push closer to 5:10 if i get to attempt it this year. But that's 3 seconds a lap improvement which is a big task.

If i hear anything i'll post it on here.

fernandopartridge

I've not been out for a week, did 7km last Saturday and was hoping to build on that but suffering with lower back problems brought about from working at home I think.

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

Travs

Went over to Draycote Water this morning. 3 laps (just over 14 miles).... averaged 7:24/mile...

Must've been close to 100 people running round as individuals and small groups. I was one of the only ones running clockwise, and i found out why when i hit the lake wall at the end of each lap... the wind was pretty ferocious, it was like trying to go round Cape Horn at times...

Users who are viewing this thread