Running (1 Viewer)

Adge

Since moving house I haven’t managed to do much. Need to start again-looks like the old couch to 5k to start off with again! 🥺
Just as a side note I really need to get on the bike again-any cyclists amongst us?

1ccfc

Hi everyone, just after some advice please. So I'm new to running and joined a local club earlier this month. After each run I'm getting blisters on the arch of my foot. They are getting worse to the point I'm getting blisters under blisters. Today I could feel my feet were on fire and when I took my sock off the skin has torn back. Is this down to my trainers, socks, running style, being new to running, being overweight or anything else? I'm supposed to be running again on Monday but need to get this sorted as I don't want to quit at the first hurdle. Thanks in advance for any tips.

Hertsccfc

Hi everyone, just after some advice please. So I'm new to running and joined a local club earlier this month. After each run I'm getting blisters on the arch of my foot. They are getting worse to the point I'm getting blisters under blisters. Today I could feel my feet were on fire and when I took my sock off the skin has torn back. Is this down to my trainers, socks, running style, being new to running, being overweight or anything else? I'm supposed to be running again on Monday but need to get this sorted as I don't want to quit at the first hurdle. Thanks in advance for any tips.
Had this last year. Got new trainers and haven't had it since.

SkyBlueSoul

Gait analysis is a good shout. Places like Runner's Need stores offer it as a free service with no obligation to buy the recommended trainers

SkyBlueSoul

5k Friday night, 11.5k yesterday puts me at 55/100km for the month. Really enjoyed the longer run yesterday, I'm in Nottingham this weekend so was nice to have a change of scenery and terrain

Great_Expectations

After three months of nothing and the previous three fairy minimal due to a reoccurring ankle injury, culminating in having to defer the London Marathon, finally started training again this week.

Four runs in seven days. And I hated them all! Obviously pace is horrible compared to what I was doing before (average pace is 90seconds + slower), and the undulating run I did yesterday wiped me out way more than it should, but all miles under the belt.

Mentioned it a few times, but I’m determined to get a marathon PB this year. Slowly but surely I’ll get there. Got to get back to healthy eating too after binging over Christmas. Definitely notice the difference running with extra weight!

Sick Boy

I’d invest in some proper running socks too.

SkyBlueSoul

Had a stinker this week, only made it out once so far. Going to try and rack up 10km today to claw some distance back

Sky_Blue_Daz

Had a really nice 5 mile run today gonna try and build myself to try and do 10 by Easter

Travs

Did league cross country last week in Smethwick. Had my best run of the season but ended up 40 places further back in the field compared to the previous fixture... the race was being used by the Uni clubs (Loughborough, Birmingham and Warwick) as their trials for the University Champs, which are a big thing, so they were really out in force.

Went and had a look at Bedworth Parkrun this morning, seemed a bit quicker at the front today, i suspect due to there not really being any local cross county/races on this weekend.

Didn't partake in the parkrun myself though.... doing a "mountain trial" tomorrow on the Welsh borders.... Basically you don't get a map until you start, and you have to get round the checkpoints in order and back to the finish. All we know is it will be about 10 miles with around 1000mtrs of ascent and descent. Hoping for a good result, although i am totally unfamiliar with the area so will be relying on my ability with a map and compass.

larry_david

Revisiting this thread after a while. Had a sore lower back, weird lower arse issue since July. Went to docs, nothing. Had a sports massage on the back which helped slightly. Anyways long story short every time I'd run it would be fine but when I'd be resting after it was chasing discomfort. Continued footy with the same result.

A break over xmas from footy helped and started running again with better injury results. Did 21.1k yesterday, no stopping in 1 hr 49. Ache a bit today in the hips and back area but to be expected. Lost 7 lbs since Xmas too which is great progress

Sky_Blue_Daz

Revisiting this thread after a while. Had a sore lower back, weird lower arse issue since July. Went to docs, nothing. Had a sports massage on the back which helped slightly. Anyways long story short every time I'd run it would be fine but when I'd be resting after it was chasing discomfort. Continued footy with the same result.

A break over xmas from footy helped and started running again with better injury results. Did 21.1k yesterday, no stopping in 1 hr 49. Ache a bit today in the hips and back area but to be expected. Lost 7 lbs since Xmas too which is great progress
Well done mate

Travs

Club night with Godiva...

5 x 1km. Rest period starting at 2mins, then dropping by 20secs each time.

I was still fatigued after racing 16miles on the fells on sunday, so just took the first one steady and see how i go from there.

3:47
3:42
3:40
3:40

So a good 20secs/km down on previous km session, but pleased with those times in the circumstances... couldn't manage a 5th rep at "pace" so jogged it in 3:58

Midlands Cross Country Champs in Mansfield on saturday.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Got 5 miles in yesterday had a change of route Sandpits lane down Tamworth road towards the nugget used part of the cycle path past Christ the king onto Moseley ave over Radford road , up beake ave onto Glentworth and home

Travs

Midlands Cross Country Champs at a very windy course in Mansfield. ENough to blow runners to almost standstill at times. I didn't feel that i ran well, but was pleased enough with 150th place.

1 Bristol & West
2 Notts AC
3 Tipton Harriers
4 City Of Stoke
5 Coventry Godiva Harriers

8 Kenilworth
13 Nuneaton Harriers
16 Northbrook AC

Sphinx had some runners there, but not enough to field a full team. Didn't see Massey Ferguson at all.

SkyBlueSoul

9km yesterday to complete 100km for January.

Followed it up with 5-a-side where someone helped himself to my ankle so probably sidelined for at least a week now, will be a stretch to make 100km in Feb

larry_david

I did the Jan 100k too. but it's tough focusing on those numbers because every friday I played footy in doors and the signal doesn't recognise on my watch so that's prob 3k each week not adding on.

Going to do the feb 100k too, shorter month though so going to have to keep focused on it.

SkyBlueSoul

Yeah I always tracked my 7-a-side games, was normally 4-5km. I hadn't thought about Feb being shorter, can't see me hitting 100km in 3 weeks (best case scenario)

Skyblueweeman

Screenshot_20220124-200406_Gallery.jpg

Bought these a couple of weeks ago. Been out 3 times, 2-3 miles at a time.

Hate running but need to lose weight so thought if I bought a new pair of runners, it'll make me get out.

SkyBlueSoul

I definitely underestimated my ankle injury, still can't walk properly. Looking like a high sprain, the pain is around and above my ankle bone and at the base of my shin. Bit of pain under my foot as well, can't see me running for a couple of months which is gutting

Sky_Blue_Daz

Got a 4 mile run in this evening and walked the dog for 4 miles this morning

Travs

Raced on the fells on sunday, 11.5 miles and 4500ft climb (and descent). Was 4mins off a pb, although given the conditions, and the fact i lost 6-7mins looking for a checkpoint on the wrong side of a mountain, i was very pleased with. Haven't felt great running on the flat, due i expect to my increased training mileage, so it was good to know things seem to be heading in the right direction.

In other news i've entered at 25 hour track race at the end of the year. Thought it might be "a laugh"...... although seriously i'll have all my champs races on the fells out of the way, and will be good to just go there and see how far i can get with no pressure.

Sick Boy

Only just back to normal from the tendinitis I had before, managed 10km on Sunday without any twinges of pain.

Travs

Any club runners interested in trying out any track races.... there are a number of events open for entry at Pingles Nuneaton over the spring and summer. I have done a number of these and they are well organised, and you will be seeded in a race with people of similar time/ability.

I'm in for the 1500mtrs in August.

entry4sports.co.uk

Users who are viewing this thread