Running (5 Viewers)

Sky_Blue_Daz

Got the draycote 10k Sunday hope it dries out a bit

Travs

Sorry no i've not ran it, but it's just under 5 miles for one lap of the reservoir, so i assumed it must be 1 and a bit laps.

I run at Draycote regularly, its undulating but nothing too serious. Worst bit is the wind along the long dams at each end of the reservoir. That can be really challenging.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Sorry no i've not ran it, but it's just under 5 miles for one lap of the reservoir, so i assumed it must be 1 and a bit laps.

I run at Draycote regularly, its undulating but nothing too serious. Worst bit is the wind along the long dams at each end of the reservoir. That can be really challenging.
Cheers mate

Have you run it before mate , what’s it like ?
The first bit is all good, reasonably flat. After the halfway point it noticeably undulating. Make sure you save plenty for the last km as it’s usually into a right twat of a wind. It’s a nice race though and you get free running socks.

Great_Expectations

My running has gone completely off the radar, just after picking myself back up from the disappointment of having to pull out of the marathon in October.

I stupidly played 7 a side not long after recovering and someone accidentally nailed my just recovered ankle, so not been able to run since. Also started a new job which is all consuming so my previous running times (quick 30 minute lunch, longer run between finishing work and collecting kids, flexible working to run) are all out the window.

I’ll get a plan together for January and still very keen for a 3:30-4 hour marathon in October.

SheafIsGod

Does anyone know when the Coventry half marathon will be in 2022? Looking to sign up to give me an incentive to actually stick to a running plan in the new year, but I can’t find any confirmed dates

Travs

Does anyone know when the Coventry half marathon will be in 2022? Looking to sign up to give me an incentive to actually stick to a running plan in the new year, but I can’t find any confirmed dates

A quick google check says 30th October. Although can't see anything on the official site.

Travs

Godiva club night.... 2 x 2.6km reps with two minutes rest between. Kept them very consistent, 9:35.0 and 9:35.4 (approx 18:20/km pace)

Did 16 miles sunday, 13 monday, 15 yesterday. Packing the miles in, but easy running all the way now until race on sunday.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Starting back on Monday, just going to do a few 4 miles runs over christmas.

Travs

Raced on the Shropshire hills last sunday... 15th in 1hr16 (how many 5 mile races take 1hr+, i could knock 5 miles out on the flat in around half an hour!!)

Having not raced on the fells since late september i didn't have the usual "zip" up the climbs... wasn't a poor result, but felt i should have been closer to my usual rivals who convincingly beat me this time...

Next race is monday (fingers crossed) in North Wales, starting on the summit of the mountain and quite simply racing two miles straight downhill to the back of the pub in the village.

SBAndy

Been very very lazy recently, and need to get some of my focus back. Looks like it’ll be back to basics in the new year (although may find time for a Christmas run!)

SkyBlueSoul

My running has gone completely off the radar, just after picking myself back up from the disappointment of having to pull out of the marathon in October.

I stupidly played 7 a side not long after recovering and someone accidentally nailed my just recovered ankle, so not been able to run since. Also started a new job which is all consuming so my previous running times (quick 30 minute lunch, longer run between finishing work and collecting kids, flexible working to run) are all out the window.

I’ll get a plan together for January and still very keen for a 3:30-4 hour marathon in October.
Strangely similar to me (minus the talk of marathons). Started a new job end of November so the weeks around that were too hectic to run, then a couple of people nailed the same toe at 7 a side which put me out for 2 weeks. Managed 2 runs in the last month, basically accepting hibernation mode now until January. Might squeeze a couple in between Christmas and New Year if I'm lucky

Travs

Quite unique fell race today in the very quiet little mountain range that sits between Chester/Wrexham and the Snowdonia range further to the west... starting on the summit of the mountain and finishing at the back garden of the pub in a tiny village at the foot of the mountain, 2 miles and 1600ft of descent.

4th in 12:52.... was a pb in terms of time and finishing position... so can't really complain, but ever the perfectionist, its just a shame i couldn't quite latch onto the front three, they were always 10-20secs in front.... a bit gutting to be only 22secs behind the winner and still not even make the podium :D

Travs

I averaged 58.5 miles per week through the year.... which funnily is exactly the same as 2020... will be hoping to be more consistent and up that to around 70 per week in 2022

SkyBlueSoul

I hit 100 active days according to Strava. Total days, time and distance covered were all ~2x what I did in 2020, pretty chuffed after a difficult year. Will aim to just beat that again next year

Sky_Blue_Daz

Did 4.5 miles today , blew a few cobwebs away and sweated about 6 pints of lager out

SBAndy

As mentioned before, back to basics for me having gained almost all of the 2 stone I dropped. Mile and a half this morning as the first run of the year, was ok but understandably a lot slower than I was previously doing. It’ll come, just got to remain disciplined.

Travs

68 miles last week, although all of it was easy pace as still suffering a few strains from my downhill race last monday.

Hoping to make it to the Godiva club session tomorrow, but of more importance is being fresh and injury-free for the month ahead.

Three big cross-country races.... Warwickshire Champs next saturday nr Ansty, the next League fixture in Smethwick the following weekend, and a fortnight later the Midlands Champs at Mansfield.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Lovely run this afternoon , steady 4.miles going to do another on Thursday try a 7 mile on Saturday morning

Sick Boy

The old tendinitis flared up again so today was the first run in a few months - managed 5K without any probs so hopefully it’s all sorted.

TomS91

I targeted and managed to do 1000km in 2021. Aiming for 1000miles in 2022 including the London Marathon in October.

Just joined the skybluestalk Strava club as well!

Well I was planning on getting back to it this week. I had a good run on Sunday but started to feel rough not long after.
Now got the dreaded covid so I won’t be going anywhere for a week or so.

Hertsccfc

Hadn't run for months mainly because I broke my wrist, and didn't feel like running. Still feel cautious especially as the pavements seem slippy. But have done a three 5k runs in the last week. Although they felt hard and I was slower I do feel better for it.

SBAndy

Tricky conditions this morning, with a bit of ice underfoot. Managed to get a mile under my belt, but legs are absolutely hanging from circuit training yesterday. Always going to happen when I haven’t exercised in a while.

Travs

With the cancellation of the Warwickshire Cross Country today, i decided to have a little run out at Bedworth Parkrun instead.

19:45..... 2nd..... slow for me, although i did make a conscious decision to try and run relaxed throughout, never pushing the red line. And it was wet, windy, miserable, and very slippery in road shoes on the off-road section.

Travs

Club night with Godiva...

3 x 1 mile

5:56
5:52
5:50

13 miles for the day. Next league XC on saturday, at one of the best courses around... Warley Woods in Smethwick.

Users who are viewing this thread