Rumour - Possibly after Izale McLeod (1 Viewer)

FRY-CCFC

Kieran Crowley called him 'past it' on twitter when a fan suggested it.

SlowerThanPlatt

Eagles has been released by Charlton, Bolton and even that crisis club Blackpool recently.

Reminds me of David Bentley, a player who clubs had high hopes for, but ultimately never delivered. Bentley did get a few England caps along the way though and probably earned a hell of a lot more than Eagles ever did. Shame though that players can fall out of love with the game, you'd think earning £30k a week and playing the sport they once dreamed of as a kid could only bring happiness but ultimately that's not the case.

Kingokings204

For all his faults I ask would Chris Eagles improve our current side and my answer is yes so I would take him.

Of course it's probably not true though.

skybluepm2

Does make you wonder what drives people to make up bullshit rumours, going to the trouble of posting it on websites and all sorts. It isn't like this will grab mainstream headlines, we're in League 1 ffs.

As much as I think it would excite the fans, not sure Eagles would fit the Mowbray ethos given his signings so far and Eagles lack of achievements in recent years. I do think we now need a couple of experienced heads to complete the jigsaw however. Here's hoping we get another one over the line today!

Last edited:

Terry Gibson's perm

Kieran Crowley called him 'past it' on twitter when a fan suggested it.

Well thats it then if the chief button monkey (Crowley not you Fry) says he is past it then Mowbray the experienced manager must listen and not sign him.

tom88

I would take Eagles too - We need another signing today and I might be wrong but hasn't it got to happen before mid day to make them available?

lifeskyblue

I wouldn't take Eagles now. A few years ago would have snapped your hand off but what has he done last couple of seasons. Would smack to me of an over the hill player hoping for one last seasons pay at professional level

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skybluepm2

I would take Eagles too - We need another signing today and I might be wrong but hasn't it got to happen before mid day to make them available?

Good point, it has to be registered so many hours before a game doesn't it? Hopefully a morning of transfer activity! A decent striker would get a few more bums on seats tomorrow I'm guessing too.

Skyblueweeman

Does make you wonder what drives people to make up bullshit rumours, going to the trouble of posting it on websites and all sorts. It isn't like this will Greg mainstream headlines, we're in League 1 ffs.

As much as I think it would excite the fans, not sure Eagles would fit the Mowbray ethos given his signings so far and Eagles lack of achievements in recent years. I do think we now need a couple of experienced heads to complete the jigsaw however. Here's hoping we get another one over the line today!

Are we signing Greg as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tom88

Good point, it has to be registered so many hours before a game doesn't it? Hopefully a morning of transfer activity! A decent striker would get a few more bums on seats tomorrow I'm guessing too.

Yes Im sure its mid day

Lets hope for some transfer news this morning.

Im assuming it will be the permanent signing that TM was banging on about

Kingokings204

Yes Im sure its mid day

Lets hope for some transfer news this morning.

Im assuming it will be the permanent signing that TM was banging on about

I highly doubt we will see any activity today at all. Seems to be all towards end of August so I would almost rule out any signings today tbh.

armybike

Via Twitter -

"@KieranCrowley1 - As I've said over the past few weeks, no. McLeod isn't a target at all.

higgs

He would get us 20 goals for about 200k be money well spent can't understand why we aren't in for him

Nathccfc

Don't know why people keep harping on about McLeod, I wouldn't pay the amount of money they are asking for him, after all he is 30..

Users who are viewing this thread