Rumour - Possibly after Izale McLeod (1 Viewer)

Otis

This isn't happening. TM was asked at Nuneaton about him by a fan, he said that they approached Crawley but they quoted £250k which is out of the clubs budget and too much for a 32 year old who's not that profilic throughout his career according to someone on Facebook.

When did he suddenly get 2 years older?

He's 31 in October.

mark82

Plastered all over Facebook and Twitter this morning that McLeod is on the verge of signing, I'm sorry it's not more concrete than that but I'm pretty sure this one is more than just a random rumour

Kieran Crowley said this rumour was "Total rubbish"

CovisGod

It may well be total rubbish, but things change in football. Maybe we've switched targets, maybe he said that as a red herring to keep others from talking to the player instead of there preffered targets, who knows. All I know for sure is before all of our signings this summer there's always been a large spike in people linking them with us on Facebook and Twitter, not just the usual "rumour" pages but also from a heap of journalists that I follow, this has happened over night with McLeod.

Might not happen, might happen, just reporting what I'm seeing :)

armybike

Plastered all over Facebook and Twitter this morning that McLeod is on the verge of signing, I'm sorry it's not more concrete than that but I'm pretty sure this one is more than just a random rumour

The Twitter account @Transfer_News43 seems to be the 'source' of the latest rumour.

The replies seem to suggested it's not a done deal and McLeod is looking at a number of clubs and after the best money -

https://twitter.com/Transfer_News43/status/626524488469999616

I'm still very cautious of all this.

mark82

It may well be total rubbish, but things change in football. Maybe we've switched targets, maybe he said that as a red herring to keep others from talking to the player instead of there preffered targets, who knows. All I know for sure is before all of our signings this summer there's always been a large spike in people linking them with us on Facebook and Twitter, not just the usual "rumour" pages but also from a heap of journalists that I follow, this has happened over night with McLeod.

Might not happen, might happen, just reporting what I'm seeing :)

Any examples of journo's? Been looking and can't find anything.

brez

Crawley observer reporting it in their report from last night's game, said he missed the game through illness but news was he was signing for Coventry,

italiahorse

Lovely bout of bullshit to start the morning. Maynard is on trial at Forest, Maguire is probably on his way out of Wednesday with Bolton interested and Eagles is on trial at Preston. Regardless, all three of them have no reason to drop down a division as things stand.

But it's on Twitter and Facebook :facepalm:

armybike

Astute

Crawley observer reporting it in their report from last night's game, said he missed the game through illness but news was he was signing for Coventry,

He had better not come to our club. We have some that think a player should be hung if they refuse to play the day before moving to another club.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

kg82

They played Nuneaton last night, yeah? Could be journo's putting 2+2 together there and coming up with 5?

Also, Kieran Crowley's the clubs press officer (I think). He does all the matches (keeps you up to date on "the wall" etc).

smileycov

Facebook User
Think he would have been called the Press Officer in the old days. Head of communications is his job title. CCFC Twitter man.

cheers for that, I assume we can take his word as semi accurate then!!

Bertola

Don't rule it out just because Kieran has denied it... After all he said that the mock-up of the shirt wasn't going to be the home shirt... Turned out it was.

He could occasionally throw the odd red herring out to throw people off the scent.

Really hope it happens, would be an excellent signing, but if it was in the pipelines surely the number 9 shirt would've been saved for him?

Sky Blue Jack

Can't see it happening sadly, I'd guess Crawley will command a big enough fee for him and there will be other teams sniffing around that can afford to pay him more, pretty sure TM said recently he had no permanents lined up as well.... Hope I'm wrong though, easily good enough to get 15-20 goals for us next season

armybike

After all he said that the mock-up of the shirt wasn't going to be the home shirt... Turned out it was.

Where did he say this? I don't recall him saying this. Cheers.

chiefdave

cheers for that, I assume we can take his word as semi accurate then!!

He's around the team and management everyday so he's probably a fairly reliable source. Of course there's nothing to say he might not always be truthful if he knows something the club doesn't want made public.

armybike

Kieran is a member here. Not sure of his username but he's made a number of comments on his Twitter feed that confirm he does frequent these parts.

Otis

We wouldn't want McLeod here at all! He'd be a terrible signing.

He's from a relegated club.

Hobo

Crawley have a number of strikers on their books and a few days ago added Barnard and Deacon.

It would not suprise me to see McLeod leave.

Mowbrey did say weeks ago the difficulty was trying to prise players away from their clubs and has hinted he might use some budget on a fee. That could apply to Vincelot who has since joined.....but he hasn't rushed in the striker department. He does seem to pursue specific targets. It would not suprise me for him to sign one funded prestige striker and supplement with a couple of loans.

It seems McLeod is off somewhere whether it is to us time will tell. As for the press guy at City, I doubt he is in TMs loop on who Coventry's targets are and is more likely to be informed on done deals. A lot of contract, transfer negotiation is often done away from ground/training facilities.

I am sure many clubs have considered McLeod.

Manchester_sky_blue

Crawley have a number of strikers on their books and a few days ago added Barnard and Deacon.

It would not suprise me to see McLeod leave.

Mowbrey did say weeks ago the difficulty was trying to prise players away from their clubs and has hinted he might use some budget on a fee. That could apply to Vincelot who has since joined.....but he hasn't rushed in the striker department. He does seem to pursue specific targets. It would not suprise me for him to sign one funded prestige striker and supplement with a couple of loans.

It seems McLeod is off somewhere whether it is to us time will tell. As for the press guy at City, I doubt he is in TMs loop on who Coventry's targets are and is more likely to be informed on done deals. A lot of contract, transfer negotiation is often done away from ground/training facilities.

I am sure many clubs have considered McLeod.

The one thing i did note was that the club put out firm denials of interest in Leon Best and in the Huddersfield lad (name escapes me) but havent done so with McLeod, despite all the rumours.

Edit: Spoke to soon.....
http://www.coventrycity-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/mcleod_link_dismissed_866619/index.shtml

Last edited:

Manchester_sky_blue

I'd rather have Henderson from Rochdale, but McLeod wouldn't be a bad signing. Can't see it happening though. Loan strikers from Everton and Spurs seem more likely.

armybike

he scored 20+ with a relegated club so that makes him no good? wow!!!!

guess you hate Romain Vincelot too?

Wooooossshhhhhhh!

Users who are viewing this thread