Rumour from the boardroom (2 Viewers)

Adge

It was the same meal you refused to eat at the Ricoh then got stuck into wasn't it?
It was, liking the cuisine at many different restaurants now though. You should try it sometime.

Grendel

It was, liking the cuisine at many different restaurants now though. You should try it sometime.

So when are you trying the meal at St Andrews?

Gynnsthetonic

We could also say that richardson, Robinson, Elliot, Higgs, the council et al are also the catalysts. They started the chain of events that have led us to where we are now.

Do you think we should have agreed to indemnify wasps the EC complaint?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
I blame Oggy, if he hadn't of single handedly kept us in the game at Spurs last game of the season in 1997 we would of been relegated, Arena 2000 would never of took off and we would of stayed at Highfield Rd. We could of then been a WBA type team by going up and down every few years and been sustainable and do the original plan of knocking down the Sky Blue Stand and building a new Main Stand!
Voilà!

Adge

So when are you trying the meal at St Andrews?
I don’t think I will be. But rest assured if I decide to change my mind (can’t see it) I will run it past the good people on here just to make sure it’s ok and then I will be able to sleep better at night.

Adge

The pints are non existent on the industrial estate.

Not sure the burger hatch there does platters?
And wouldn’t be as nice as the ones at St Andrews anyway!
The hour glass if you want.

Speedies_Chips

I blame Oggy, if he hadn't of single handedly kept us in the game at Spurs last game of the season in 1997 we would of been relegated, Arena 2000 would never of took off and we would of stayed at Highfield Rd. We could of then been a WBA type team by going up and down every few years and been sustainable and do the original plan of knocking down the Sky Blue Stand and building a new Main Stand!
Voilà!
Try Hadn't have, would have, never have and could have. :)

ccfcway

Well I brought a season ticket but now I've stopped going this is supposed to be entertainment not a drag that uses up my whole Saturday. Get back to Coventry and I'll buy one again otherwise I'm out.

Normally takes up pretty much my whole weekend so logistically doesn’t make a jot of difference to me.

That said, We should and need to be in Coventry !.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Dear oh dear. People preferring a decent pitch to our team playing outside of the City.
I would think the 6,000 extra supporters who would go to the Ricoh wouldn't give a toss about the laughable preferences of half a dozen people on this site who want to stay in Birmingham.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

No those not going would have found some other excuse for not going.
Such as what? I don't go because we're out of cov,Iike the overwhelming majority of the missing 6,000. For what other reason do 6,000 others suddenly decide not to go ?
Perhaps you should give them all a one to one bollocking.

shepardo01

A few things:
i) think it is pure speculation that two teams in the same division can't groundshare.
ii) the plastic pitch at The Butts is NOT suitable for the EFL to allow that level of football to be played there.
iii) have had had a coffee with a coach from the academy this week, he said there is no sniff of anything of a return to the Ricoh.
iii) in the same building, bumped into one of the top match day security guys who I know. Had a chat, asked the question, he said the same as the other guy. He is of the "opinion" that we are trying to starve Wasps out.

Terry_dactyl

People wanting us to stay in Brum over coming back to COV need to have a good look at themselves, absolute muppets
I think people are wanting us to stay in brum in the hope that it will (as the previous post alludes to) starve wasps out. At least this may offer some finality to this whole fiasco. That being the case, Whether we can ‘last them out’ is the big question.
There’s been a lot of speculation about wasps finances. I only hope it’s true. What I think is clear is that SISU are digging in and financing the club. Given their track record of stubbornness I can’t see them backing down anytime soon...if this is the case, going up to St. Andrews might actually expedite/make possible the clubs return.

CCFC54321

A few things:
i) think it is pure speculation that two teams in the same division can't groundshare.
ii) the plastic pitch at The Butts is NOT suitable for the EFL to allow that level of football to be played there.
iii) have had had a coffee with a coach from the academy this week, he said there is no sniff of anything of a return to the Ricoh.
iii) in the same building, bumped into one of the top match day security guys who I know. Had a chat, asked the question, he said the same as the other guy. He is of the "opinion" that we are trying to starve Wasps out.
You are 100% correct as confirmed yesterday by Boddy there is no imminent return this season and as you say starving wasps out does appear the ‘tactic’. They (w****s) are knee deep in the shite.

rob9872

If I 100% believed that the tactic would work and we will be rid of Wasps, I'd happily stay 3 seasons at St Andrews. If that's not the case then I want to return asap. However what I do know is that the players are in no rush and have it first hand that they like playing on the surface at St Andrews and as they are not affiliated with the City in the way we are (some have never played at the Ricoh) then I can understand their reasoning - particularly if you look at the 27 points we've already amassed there.

Ricketts

People wanting us to stay in Brum over coming back to COV need to have a good look at themselves, absolute muppets
That is a well reasoned and structured argument, well done on the time and effort put into it.

Have you considered the reasons they may have for their point of view?

What is the analysis from your considerations?

Brighton Sky Blue

If I 100% believed that the tactic would work and we will be rid of Wasps, I'd happily stay 3 seasons at St Andrews. If that's not the case then I want to return asap. However what I do know is that the players are in no rush and have it first hand that they like playing on the surface at St Andrews and as they are not affiliated with the City in the way we are (some have never played at the Ricoh) then I can understand their reasoning - particularly if you look at the 27 points we've already amassed there.

Let's suppose absolute best case scenario that Wasps lose the EC verdict and are relegated this season. Does even that mean that SISU can swoop in and nab the ground?

Magwitch

I don’t get into this on going Wasps being “starved” out or going “bust “ put it down to wishful thinking so we, I take that to be sisu being we can nip in and grab the Ricoh back. I’d say IF Wasps had the sort of financial issue to be going “bust” the Ricoh Arena which they 100% own I believe would be sold off way before any “going bust” happens. What I will say though is if Sepalla has any desire to grab the Arena, which I doubt, then she gets us back there as soon as possible and at least be a tennent should anything happen regarding the stadium.

Sick Boy

Well if we're gonna be picky we could argue that we weren't kicked out. And we could also say sisu are the catalyst for this stemming back to 2013. Tbh I'm fed up with arguing about who's done what and when. I just wanna get back into the football.

If nothing bad happened in 2013, we’d probably be out of business now thanks to the amount of rent we were being charged.

It didn’t help that the incompetent Ranson advised SISU not to purchase a share in the stadium though when they first arrived.

Sky Blue Pete

Such as what? I don't go because we're out of cov,Iike the overwhelming majority of the missing 6,000. For what other reason do 6,000 others suddenly decide not to go ?
Perhaps you should give them all a one to one bollocking.
Why would I want to bollock them?
I didn’t go to Northampton due to principle (we chose to go) and distance. Those reasons aren’t the same. Why would people choose to cut off their nose to spite their face? Beyond me.

Users who are viewing this thread