Rumour from the boardroom (2 Viewers)

The coventrian

We haven't exiled ourselves. Wasps kicked us out.

1) not withdrawing the EC complaint against the council, which cannot be done.
2) not agreeing to underwrite any potential losses if the EC decide it was illegal state aid and order Wasps to pay more.

This has nothing to do with trying to distress wasps, they are doing a good job of that themselves.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Well if we're gonna be picky we could argue that we weren't kicked out. And we could also say sisu are the catalyst for this stemming back to 2013. Tbh I'm fed up with arguing about who's done what and when. I just wanna get back into the football.

clint van damme

I agree. And what if they don't go bust? What if they can manage without us? Exactly how much income were they creaming off us including f&b? The worry is if wasps can manage without us and they do actually close the door completely even if this eu case gets kicked out. What then?

I agree. Staying in Brum long term will do as much damage to us (If not more) than it will to them.

Nick

Administrator
Aye, you getter a better view on I Follow though I guess instead of actually being at the game.....
What was your view of the officials fuck ups yesterday like? The lino having no idea what was going on was especially funny.

Want to compare how many games we have been to this season then?

clint van damme

Never mind the pitch. Were the pints ok in the nice boozers?

Pathetic comment. I and others have said repeatedly wee should be back in Cov.
Doesn't detract from the fact that a lot of us think Brum is a far better match day experience.
Those advocating staying are very much a minority.

Nick

Administrator
Wtf is that supposed to mean?
Do you think I'm a wasps fan?
Do you suffer from paranoia?
No I just suffer from common sense. I can see when you choose to post an awful lot and it just so happens to be when people are saying things about wasps.

That is why you signed up, isn't it?

stupot07

Well if we're gonna be picky we could argue that we weren't kicked out. And we could also say sisu are the catalyst for this stemming back to 2013. Tbh I'm fed up with arguing about who's done what and when. I just wanna get back into the football.
We could also say that richardson, Robinson, Elliot, Higgs, the council et al are also the catalysts. They started the chain of events that have led us to where we are now.

Do you think we should have agreed to indemnify wasps the EC complaint?

The coventrian

We could also say that richardson, Robinson, Elliot, Higgs, the council et al are also the catalysts. They started the chain of events that have led us to where we are now.

Do you think we should have agreed to indemnify wasps the EC complaint?

No I don't. I think sisu should of halted the court action after the last defeat. We'd be in Coventry now not that your bothered about that.

Nick

Administrator
Not at all. Go back a week though if you like.....
Yeah I paid the club to watch an away game I couldn't go to on ifollow. What's your point?

Is this you trying to detract from how much you went on about your morals then went back against them when we won a few games?

SkyblueBri

I would agree with The Coventrian and Grendel. Will people still go to St Andrews next year, year after that, five years? The gates will eventually fall. Oh and the fabled pitch yesterday looked bobbly and showed signs of wear.
Well I brought a season ticket but now I've stopped going this is supposed to be entertainment not a drag that uses up my whole Saturday. Get back to Coventry and I'll buy one again otherwise I'm out.

stupot07

No I don't. I think sisu should of halted the court action after the last defeat. We'd be in Coventry now not that your bothered about that.
There is no court action, it's a complaint to the EC, just like if you were to put in a complaint to the financial ombudsman about insurance dispute. We all think they should have halted it after the last defeat.

Who says I'm not bothered? I'd prefer us to be at the Ricoh but with Brums pitch, I've only managed to get to 4-5 games due to other commitments. I wouldnt have missed a game at the ricoh.

Irish Sky Blue

Doesn’t matter, project stadium build. We need the revenues not just on match days. Way more important than renting.
It would be lovely to have our own stadium. /QUOTE]
Even if Sisu were serious about a new , which most of us doubt, what would we do for the 4,5,6 years it could take to come to fruition. What state would the club be in having been away from our city for so long?
We need a stadium that’s ours[

Last edited:

stupot07

You have a real problem with people living just outside Coventry supporting Coventry dont you?

db1b9100748501d35fef96c678e3c791.jpg

Adge

Jeez! Here we go again then. So, just to sum up then for the 100th time, I’m glad you enjoy your nice pitches/boozers pints and pork scratchings/crisps/peaky blinders tour or whatever it is you decide to do before “home games” instead of us playing in Coventry.
I will continue to go to away games while most of them you will watch on I Follow (and your medal for putting money into the club) and have a better view to slag off the officials at the same time.
Now that we have put that to bed again let’s move on till next time.......

Flying Fokker

That happens whether we are in Cov or Brum. There were some bad seasons at HR and The Ricoh. But I get your point that it is a waste of your Saturday. Food on you for buying a season ticket. Bad for you it was in Birmingham.

Nick

Administrator
Jeez! Here we go again then. So, just to sum up then for the 100th time, I’m glad you enjoy your nice pitches/boozers pints and pork scratchings/crisps/peaky blinders tour or whatever it is you decide to do before “home games” instead of us playing in Coventry.
I will continue to go to away games while most of them you will watch on I Follow (and your medal for putting money into the club) and have a better view to slag off the officials at the same time.
Now that we have put that to bed again let’s move on till next time.......

Yeah but you boycotted games in Coventry too? Your point and your morals are irrelevant.

You seem obsessed to go on about people having nice pints in Birmingham, the same people probably went to the Ricoh when you were giving it NOPM and boycotting there too.

MalcSB

Where have I said that? What I would of preferred was that the owners would of just dropped this ridiculous court action after the last defeat but no off they went to the European court to carry it on.
They chose to carry on with chasing their tails in court and have risked the clubs future. Let's be honest here,if theyd of let the court action go we'd be playing in Coventry now wouldn't we.
But what can we do now? The ball is in wasps court (no pun intended). The complaint to the EU ( not a court action) against the council (not wasps) cannot be withdrawn. If wasps removed the indemnity ( why demand it if 100% sure no state aid rules have been broken) and then SISU don’t arrange a return then you have a good argument.

Grendel

I would agree with The Coventrian and Grendel. Will people still go to St Andrews next year, year after that, five years? The gates will eventually fall. Oh and the fabled pitch yesterday looked bobbly and showed signs of wear.

If I hadn’t given up work I’d have probably not bothered much this season. It would mean surrendering a large proportion of one of my two days off

Now I think everyone at home is happy I’m spending at least one day out the house!

I think it’s acceptable if a plan is communicated as to future intent. It’s naive to think people will carry on blindly though.

It’s been fortunate we’ve won most games at the ground or it would already be declining

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
Incidentally, do you know who referred the original plans for London council's sale of the Olympic stadium to West Ham to the EC? It subsequently meant they scrapped it and had to go to plan b.

covcity4life

I enjoyed day trip ydsy to st andrews. I eill look to get to snither gsme around February

But week in week out its gotta be tough for people

Hopefully this rumour is true and we are back in cov soon

Sky Blue Pete

Where have I said that? What I would of preferred was that the owners would of just dropped this ridiculous court action after the last defeat but no off they went to the European court to carry it on.
They chose to carry on with chasing their tails in court and have risked the clubs future. Let's be honest here,if theyd of let the court action go we'd be playing in Coventry now wouldn't we.
That’s the point that’s not the situations we are in. That’s why it’s so different to sixfields this season

Users who are viewing this thread