Ruben Lameiras (1 Viewer)

simonregis

How can you guys compare this kid to Ronaldo, Messi, Sterling, Wilson, etc? They are the exception to the rule. Most young players who are light-weight don't make it.

hamil99

Facebook User
To be honest there was some good play there but i couldnt tell if it was Ruben or not. Any Football agent who does not highlight there player is obviously not very good, otherwise you are just watching some footy highlights :/

Esoterica

Pretty sure half the fans will like him just because he has a foreign sounding name therefore he must be good!

SlowerThanPlatt

Cristian Cebbalos could also be coming our way. Recently released by Spurs but has more experience than Lameiras. Loads on Youtube off him.

Hobo

How can you guys compare this kid to Ronaldo, Messi, Sterling, Wilson, etc? They are the exception to the rule. Most young players who are light-weight don't make it.

Most young players don't make it whatever their build is. Even those that do progress fall out of the profession at various stages of a career.

mrtrench

Have you just made that up or is it based on something you've heard?

Well anyone at all 'could' be coming. I suspect this is just a misunderstanding of the nature of the advertised understanding with Spurs.

luwalla

i honestly dont know what all the "we are going to take our time on our decision" is all about.

I guess i trust our manager so i will have to accept that maybe there is something else swaying his decision... but that aside, this guy was signed by & played for a top 10 premier league club... looked good on his debut... and is available to us.. and we are in league 1... SIGN HIM UP!!!!!

kg82

i honestly dont know what all the "we are going to take our time on our decision" is all about.

I guess i trust our manager so i will have to accept that maybe there is something else swaying his decision... but that aside, this guy was signed by & played for a top 10 premier league club... looked good on his debut... and is available to us.. and we are in league 1... SIGN HIM UP!!!!!

So was Neil Wood.

Hobo

perhaps a little more deliberation over some of our previous signings might have paid dividends.

lifeskyblue

And Reece Brown

I'd forgotten about Brown. Didn't we try him at centre half and right full back....and wasn't he equally poor in both positions? He never made it after us either just playing a handful of games here and there. Where is he now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Si80

I'd forgotten about Brown. Didn't we try him at centre half and right full back....and wasn't he equally poor in both positions? He never made it after us either just playing a handful of games here and there. Where is he now?

Barnsley last year on loan from Watford.

lifeskyblue

And did he make an impression? Will they have him back this season. Clearly didn't make it as a championship player if they loaned him out

Si80

And did he make an impression? Will they have him back this season. Clearly didn't make it as a championship player if they loaned him out

He left them by mutual consent in Jan 2015. So I'm guessing the answer to your question is no :). He was very poor in a City shirt though...

lifeskyblue

He left them by mutual consent in Jan 2015. So I'm guessing the answer to your question is no :). He was very poor in a City shirt though...

Thanks...I'm not surprised. Couldnt see him making it at professional level

Winny the Bish

All the talk about League One always being a physical league, like Swansea didn't coast to the Championship with a midfield of Leon Brittain and Ferrie Bodde who are 5'5 and 5'8 respectively.

BornSlippySkyBlue

Yeah I don't get the lightweight argument. The one thing that players either have or don't is ability. The rest is all achievable given the right attitude and the correct support structure around them.

A professional athlete should surely be able to bulk up with the correct gym work, training routine and dietary advice. If you've devoted your entire life to achieving a goal of being a pro footballer and you get this close and all you need to do is weigh a bit more then FFS! Give him a nando's platinum card and a few crates of guiness

Hobo

Obviously being touted about...

No kidding? You think a Villa scout was there for Maddison alone. Sherwood wants to bolster his development squad. Anyone is game.

More importantly Lameiras wants a club!

ajsccfc

League One isn't a massively physical league, it just has fewer technically gifted players so seems that way.

The Lurker

All the talk about League One always being a physical league, like Swansea didn't coast to the Championship with a midfield of Leon Brittain and Ferrie Bodde who are 5'5 and 5'8 respectively.

Along with a 20+ striker in Scotland which we haven't got

Hobo

It is like, will European players cope with our winter?

People who say that have never been to Bilbao in winter, Florence in February and don't realise there are ski resorts just outside Madrid.

To me Mowbrey will be assessing his ability to learn, his ability to listen and carry out instructions, his competitive hunger and his consistency; rather than his current body build.

stupot07

Workrate concerns might be why TM is cautious.

"He has talent, but I don't think it covers up for his limitations personally. He's not a particularly hard worker and maybe that's it - perhaps needs to graft a bit more."
http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sp...s/watch-coventry-city-triallist-ruben-9652053

Interesting comments, he looked good but we shouldn't get carried away, I remember Lewis Rankin having a stormer in pre season and we were all thinking he would kick on and become part of the first team...

I'd be happy if we signed him, he looked good on Saturday, but it was only against the boro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

st john

Because you imply TM has workrate concerns. The quote is by a Spurs Academy blogger - you didn't point this out.

Really, do I have to?
By his own admission TM's key attributes for a player are professionalism and commitment, etc. So any hint of work-rate issues are bound to raise concerns. admittedly they are from one source only, but as TM says you can only spend the money once. Ruben will have more chances to convince TM, but all I was saying is that he might have concerns in that direction.

kg82

I'd have quite liked to know it wasn't TM that said it. I think Nick would've as well as he obviously thought it was harsh if TM had said it publicly. It's only a little thing, but could be helpful to those on here.

Users who are viewing this thread