Ruben Lameiras (1 Viewer)

Mr Panda

Think that's quite standard in those leagues, doesn't mean anyone will ever pay that for him

Hertsccfc

I can see how the Portuguese league would suit him. Lots of good players but not so physical on the whole. He was skillful but seemed too lightweight for us.

Skybluedownunder

Barca put £400m transfer clauses on near enough most of their academy players coming into first team now, doesn’t mean anyone will ever pay it. It’s just one of those things in some of these leagues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grendel

BornSlippySkyBlue

No, free transfer. Not sure he's ever moved for a fee has he?
What I don’t get is why his old club let one of their best players go, mid season, to a club nearer the top of the same league, in the middle of his contract, for nothing? Transfermarkt have all his fees as “no fee” apart from that one which is “?”. Odd.

Edited to remove brainfart

Last edited:

Frostie

What I don’t get is why his old club let one of their best players go, mid season, to a club nearer the top of the same league, in the middle of his contract, for nothing? Transfermarkt have all his fees as “no fee” apart from that one which is “?”. Odd.

Also this (with a double entendre URL for giggles):

🤣 What a website name!

Plymouth Herald suggesting it was a player swap deal. The player going the other way is no great shakes though.

Screenshot_20210126-224929~2.png

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

The best attacking four we had in that season under Mowbray was:

O'Brien - Maddison - Lameiras
Armstrong

Every time that played (bear in mind Vincelot and Fleck were in just behind them) we won most games.

rob9872

My lasting memory of him (apart from him ruining my away day at Plymouth) is writhing around in agony after that Sheffield United prick McEvely or something went through him.

JimmyHillsbeard

was unplayable at Bramall Lane that day.

was equally unplayable in the next game ...
after a week without a fixture Tony Mowbray forgot who had started at Sheff Utd and dropped him mistakenly trying to keep the same team (according to Kieran Crowley on the Niis podcast)

Users who are viewing this thread