Ruben Lameiras (1 Viewer)

Ccfcisparks

Always was a massive fan of him. Remember he used to get absolute pelters on here for absolutely no reason. One of the most talented players we've had here.

Londonccfcfan

That should have been a sending off! And we should have gone on to win that game. Our season didnt pan out well after that incident.

Londonccfcfan

Always was a massive fan of him. Remember he used to get absolute pelters on here for absolutely no reason. One of the most talented players we've had here.

It wasnt just him, the atmosphere in general that season we went down to league 2 was toxic. Home and away, million miles from that now thank god.

Londonccfcfan

My sons favorite player also that season we went down as a mascot he walked out onto the pitch with him vs Oxford United at home.

D

Deleted member 11652

Can only assume it was his decision to leave. Towards the end of the relegation year Robins was picking him most weeks playing behind Beavon.

SBAndy

Very good technical player. That Millwall performance along with Maddison, Armstrong and O’Brien was pure class.

The best attacking four we had in that season under Mowbray was:

O'Brien - Maddison - Lameiras
Armstrong

Every time that played (bear in mind Vincelot and Fleck were in just behind them) we won most games.

I’d agree with that. No issue with Murphy as he was clearly a good player, but I think it changed the dynamic of the frontline who had gelled really well early on.

jimmyhillsfanclub

People saying about not being suited to the English leagues but he was brilliant for Plymouth the year before he left sure he got something like 17 goals.

....not sure he scored that many but I know he scored quite a few & made even more.....was their POTS

Hobo

I always thought he was half decent with potential to get better.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Very good technical player. That Millwall performance along with Maddison, Armstrong and O’Brien was pure class.

I’d agree with that. No issue with Murphy as he was clearly a good player, but I think it changed the dynamic of the frontline who had gelled really well early on.

Did you go to that game at Millwall? Was such an amazing day out!

Will never forget that guy in a full suit standing in the home end who got hauled out by stewards after trying to kick off with the entire away end.

'Your suit's from Matalan' has to be the best chant I've ever heard at a game! It sent him absolutely mental.

pastythegreat

The lightweight argument was nonsense imo
Agreed. He rode a tackle well. Was hacked left, right amd Centre but never feinged or faked injury or bottled tackles or challenges. Sheff Utds left back should have had 3 red cards the night we played them on bad challenges on Lemeiras alone. But, somebody on twitter said its because he was lightweight so it must have been true.

Class player with an inch perfect pass (seen many a time splitting defences for Arma to run on to) and teams knew it amd tackled/kicked him out of the game. To say a player who is fouled a lot is lightweight is just ridiculous. Thats like saying O'Hare or Grealish are both too lightweight to play English football. Nonsense.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

pastythegreat

I think it was constantly playing Murphy that upset JOB which rocked the applecart and sent the wheels off. Murphy was an exciting player, bit fpr me should have been used off the bench against tired defenders. JOB was much more effective starting I feel.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

robbiekeane

Jesus. Think people are getting very carried away here.

He was okay most of the time and had moments of magic like that reverse pass for Armstrong that time. But I think people are remembering those moments and not the other 80% of the time where he was mediocre.

Hertsccfc

I was at the Sheffield United game and he was the best player on the pitch, in spite of that appalling tackle.

However, there seemed lots of other games when he was a peripheral figure and I would include the Checkatrade final in that.

Users who are viewing this thread