Match Thread Rotherham (1 Viewer)

Brighton Sky Blue

Still maintain that the main reason we were shipping so many playing wing backs was due to not having a settled defence or Kelly in the side, as opposed to the actual system.

And having McCallum at RWB

Evo1883

Also, the idea that we had to regress to progress doing the same thing we were doing before is ludicrous. We just decided to be stodgy against some shit teams when being proactive against good teams nearly worked.

I still think he will mix it up this season, I just don't think we should expect the 532 every game, yes we look more dangerous ofcourse... But we just have to trust the manager... Because he's getting results and there's no guarantee it would have gone any better or worse... We just have to appreciate what he's doing and trust his judgement

We have to remember despite fans being frustrated he's picked up 9 points in the last 5 games and pushed us away from the bottom 3...

clint van damme

“You were right” would have done.

How were you right? How was I?
Someone put the current form table up, we're 8th, that isn't a result of just today was it? It's not a result of playing defensively or offensively, it's a result of grinding out points and finding our feet in this league without having a girly fit every time something goes against us.
As I said, I want two up front but we were leaking goals, we stopped that, now we've started to go on the offensive again, (yes, probably a bit too late, should have done it on the hour on Tuesday), but not everything can go our way all the time.

Liquid Gold

I still think he will mix it up this season, I just don't think we should expect the 532 every game, yes we look more dangerous ofcourse... But we just have to trust the manager... Because he's getting results and there's no guarantee it would have gone any better or worse... We just have to appreciate what he's doing and trust his judgement
Sorry but i don’t agree that we just have to appreciate it. The whole point of a football forum is to discuss the game and what is going to happen. If we just want to accept what is happening then we may as well shut the place down.

A big discussion recently has been about us playing poorly when a different formation could have done more. When people throw petty shade for thinking we’re better than we’ve showed and there is a simple fix, we make the simple fix and we have our best game of the season then I think it would show more of people if they just said I think that was a good shout instead of putting a million caveats in.

Evo1883

How were you right? How was I?
Someone put the current form table up, we're 8th, that isn't a result of just today was it? It's not a result of playing defensively or offensively, it's a result of grinding out points and finding our feet in this league without having a girly fit every time something goes against us.
As I said, I want two up front but we were leaking goals, we stopped that, now we've started to go on the offensive again, (yes, probably a bit too late, should have done it on the hour on Tuesday), but not everything can go our way all the time.

Yes this is the reality... Like I said the only one who should feel smug is the manager who is guiding us quietly away from the relegation... How we achieved that is all relevant, whatever formation its all got us where we are today... Like I said I like the wing back system and we definitely look more dangerous... But Im positive he will mix it up still

Evo1883

Sorry but i don’t agree that we just have to appreciate it. The whole point of a football forum is to discuss the game and what is going to happen. If we just want to accept what is happening then we may as well shut the place down.

A big discussion recently has been about us playing poorly when a different formation could have done more. When people throw petty shade for thinking we’re better than we’ve showed and there is a simple fix, we make the simple fix and we have our best game of the season then I think it would show more of people if they just said I think that was a good shout instead of putting a million caveats in.

Not really what I mean... You have to accept our return, and its a good return over the last 5 games... There is zero proof things would have gone better for us if we played the formation we did today...we have to accept the return we got based off that knowledge.. It's a good return and the boring formation is part responsible for that.. Isn't it

It's more exciting ofcourse, but Robins got it right today..

Brighton Sky Blue

Not just that some of us got told we didn't have a fucking clue. Not bothered about that tonight, the result has vindicated the approach and was a million times better than Tuesday night.

87 n all that

Yes this is the reality... Like I said the only one who should feel smug is the manager who is guiding us quietly away from the relegation... How we achieved that is all relevant, whatever formation its all got us where we are today... Like I said I like the wing back system and we definitely look more dangerous... But Im positive he will mix it up still
I agree but need that elusive away win. Roll on Wycombe.

clint van damme

totally agree. But we're also incredibly inexperienced, I don't think some people have given the players anywhere near enough slack because of that. I think some of these players will really kick on, (unfortunately others won't).

Evo1883

totally agree. But we're also incredibly inexperienced, I don't think some people have given the players anywhere near enough slack because of that. I think some of these players will really kick on, (unfortunately others won't).

I think we will be ok this season, and maybe with a bit more quality in and around the box more often exceed some expectations... But I'm a bit scared to plant my eggs in that basket as this league is fucking hard

Brighton Sky Blue

Max's best performance for us since the L2 play offs. Hope he can do it consistently

Liquid Gold

Max's best performance for us since the L2 play offs. Hope he can do it consistently
Max is a weird player because sometimes when he has the ball it looks like he doesn’t have control of it and it’s bouncing all over the place but defenders can’t work it out either and his willingness to put his body on the line and go for goal means he’s usually a threat.

Astute

@Mucca Mad Boys @Astute

This is what happens when you get the management and tactics correct. Also when you are not carrying passengers like Shipley.
You are funny 😂

So what was the difference today?

I will help you. We played a striker who many keep saying is shite. But those calling him shite wanted an extra striker on the pitch. The valid point I made.

How about we attacked more? More like the ball went to the right person up front. 1 shot less than against Derby but we had more of the ball against them....who won away to Millwall today. We had 3 less shots today than we did against Norwich.

Today we had the same amount of shots as Rotherham and they had much more of the ball. But they don't look very good up front.

Yes it is better that we have 2 up front. Please point out where I have said differently. But not to go all out attacking. Look at Norwich today. Losing until the 84th minute. They won. They have the quality to hurt you. Attack teams like Norwich and you will let goals in.

But of course we can ignore the stats and the truth to make a point. If O'Hare was better up front we could well have been celebrating another victory and you could have made your point look valid because we attacked about the same amount.

But less of all that crap. Our run continues. It is a time to celebrate and not have stupid arguments. We are now playing the lower sides. Keep it up and you never know. Mid table is now possible. Teams won't be looking at us as an easy 3 points now.

clint van damme

all he can do is take the chances offered, he did that against Norwich and again today, (superb today).
Big fan but I thought he'd blown it and he was a perennial sub after Forest (which he probably would have been if not for Goddens injury), but fair play to him.

Evo1883

I'm still more excited by the prospect of godden and Walker... But biamou is more than welcome to carry on doing what he's doing 🤣

Brighton Sky Blue

Max is a weird player because sometimes when he has the ball it looks like he doesn’t have control of it and it’s bouncing all over the place but defenders can’t work it out either and his willingness to put his body on the line and go for goal means he’s usually a threat.

He tends to win the punts up the pitch, but you're right he is pretty unorthodox. Weird that he went for the overhead kick first half when it seemed easier to just volley or header

Hobo

It was an all round team performance today - but McFadz Kelly and Biamou probably made the difference. Wilson (who was cast to the Wolves by some before given a chance) put in another good performance. He had a couple of dodgy moments but came through them and showed character.

Brighton Sky Blue

all he can do is take the chances offered, he did that against Norwich and again today, (superb today).
Big fan but I thought he'd blown it and he was a perennial sub after Forest (which he probably would have been if not for Goddens injury), but fair play to him.

He did start against Watford tbf, but yes he has earned his way back into the side.

Users who are viewing this thread