Match Thread Rotherham (1 Viewer)

Astute

Was more reminiscent of last year, particularly towards the end of the season. Get an advantage early then control the game.
Yes sit back and enjoy. But most sides will have the quality to make it difficult to do. It seems to me as though Robins has decided to defend the 0-0 and hope for a goal instead of defend the 1-0 and then hope for the goal. The main difference today was the early goals. But the rest of the stats are similar to the previous 4 games.

Dirk Turpin

We did set up defensively again but with 2 strikers on. And we dealt with their aerial threat well.

It might have felt different as we could relax for most of the game after getting an early 2 goal lead.
we gave ourselves a long ball option with max and walker, but they were definitely a big side but we dealt with it well with the 3 at the back. Lets not forget theyve given a few of the bigger teams i the league a good game. So hats off to the lads today, I'd fancy us in the reverse fixtures against Bournemouth and Norwich now that we have wisened up a bit.

Astute

Interesting Derby result today. Lots of posters disappointed with our draw at Derby, but they didn’t look a bad team to me, and I expect to see them move on upwards. Our point begins to look like a decent result.
And to add to the draws the Cardiff result looked even better when they scored 7 without reply in their next 2 games.

Dirk Turpin

We've had to re-invent ourselves a number of times already this season without a nailed on starting 11
. The last few games when we had the big lads on we;ve drew in the CB, eg against Derby when they had 5 at the back and Hamer found space. We just have to shithouse and make space, I'd bank on most teams not knowing what Baka's game is and double up on him etc and creating space for the lads who can create and shoot.

Astute

So does the Reading result seeing as they are tied with second place.
Will just have to see how we get on against the lower down sides now. A bit like last season where we started slower but played many of the better sides early.

Not saying we will come close to promotion but very well considering our budget to the other sides. Starting to think mid table is a big possibility.

Brighton Sky Blue

Will just have to see how we get on against the lower down sides now. A bit like last season where we started slower but played many of the better sides early.

Not saying we will come close to promotion but very well considering our budget to the other sides. Starting to think mid table is a big possibility.

Considering the points we have lost in the final 10 minutes of games we could well have been sitting in mid-table already. But we did lose those points so we're not. Every time we see a game out should give more confidence to the players they can do it again. We will lose more games sure, but make it down to opposition brilliance rather than self inflicted mistakes.

Astute

Considering the points we have lost in the final 10 minutes of games we could well have been sitting in mid-table already. But we did lose those points so we're not. Every time we see a game out should give more confidence to the players they can do it again. We will lose more games sure, but make it down to opposition brilliance rather than self inflicted mistakes.
How about the points we have gained in the last 10 minutes?

This recent run will do the morale great. Not pretty to watch a lot of the time but we are finally showing we are not relegation fodder. Our match fitness will also be level with the other sides that carried on to the end of last season. And we will be fresher than most when the bad weather comes and it gets more difficult.

Brighton Sky Blue

How about the points we have gained in the last 10 minutes?

This recent run will do the morale great. Not pretty to watch a lot of the time but we are finally showing we are not relegation fodder. Our match fitness will also be level with the other sides that carried on to the end of last season. And we will be fresher than most when the bad weather comes and it gets more difficult.

Points gained in the last 10:

QPR (2)
Norwich (1)

Points lost in the last 10:

Brizzle (1)
Boro (1)
Forest (1)
Watford (1)

Fair enough not as many as I thought.

Dirk Turpin

Hamer has learned quickly, perhaps that shithousing Steve Cook gave him was what he needed.
I fancy us to get result on the reverse fixture of that one. Hamer dont forget lol. Of all the teams we've played they didnt need to dive etc as they outplayed us so happy to see them lose. Their starting xi is worth not far off 100m, but hey still need to dive etc.

Brighton Sky Blue

I fancy us to get result on the reverse fixture of that one. Hamer dont forget lol. Of all the teams we've played they didnt need to dive etc as they outplayed us so happy to see them lose. Their starting xi is worth not far off 100m, but hey still need to dive etc.

They did start taking the piss out of us for the last 20-30 minutes. They'll also be back at their full capacity of 10 men plus a dog

Dirk Turpin

If every league had players that were set and couldn't adapt we'd have no players that move up leagues. Toney for example gets service and proves himself. Godden proved himself for us already as clinical. If your read the forum here no one would believe that you could step up a league. (max haters)

Astute

Got it. (But technically we did gain a point in the last 10)
We were on 1 point with 10 minutes to go and got 1 point at full time. So technically nothing changed in the last 10 minutes 😉

SlowerThanPlatt

We scored a penalty in the loss to Bournemouth. However I have noticed this year that nearly all the Midlands teams against teams particularly away to London and Southern Clubs seem to have a penalty awarded against them or a player sent off. Forest had both in today's game against Reading. It does raise an eyebrow!

It raises an eyebrow until you see the Forest player handballed it on the line to stop a certain goal

capel & collindridge

So does the Reading result seeing as they are tied with second place.
Yes. We've taken 5 points in our four games against the top four. 7 pts from four games with teams now with fewer pts than us. And five points from four teams who are two points or more above us.

We have yet to get a point in our four games against those currently outside the top 4, but in the top 10.

A bit odd really.

capel & collindridge

We've played 9 of the top 10 teams in the table. We've taken points off 3 of the current top 4.

And apart from Cardiff in 11th place you have to go right down to Birmingham in 16th place before you come to another team that we've picked
up any points from.

We seem to be doing better against the top teams than the teams in the middle of the table. And only slightly better against the teams below us than we are against the teams right at the top.

Perhaps it is only me that thinks that's odd?

Brighton Sky Blue

We've played 9 of the top 10 teams in the table. We've taken points off 3 of the current top 4.

And apart from Cardiff in 11th place you have to go right down to Birmingham in 16th place before you come to another team that we've picked
up any points from.

We seem to be doing better against the top teams than the teams in the middle of the table. And only slightly better against the teams below us than we are against the teams right at the top.

Perhaps it is only me that thinks that's odd?

This is confusing

capel & collindridge

Is this less confusing?

Results against top 4Next 4Next 4Bottom 4
D L W DL L L LL W D DW W L D
Norwich 1-1Brentford 0-2Middlesbrough 0-2QPR 3-2
Bournemouth 1-3Watford 2-3Cardiff 1-0Rotherham 3-1
Reading 3-2Bristol C 1-2Birmingham 0-0Forest 1-2
Swansea 1-1Blackburn 0-4Barnsley 0-0Derby 1-1
F A F A F A F A
GD -1 6 7GD -8 3 11GD -1 1 2GD +2 8 6
5 points0 points5 points7 points
High Scoring / fairly even resultsWe got thumped or outclassed: apart from vs. WatfordLow scoring / even resultsHad we drawn 2-2 with QPR, exactly same points and GD as vs. top 4 teams

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread