Rotherham v Brentford game off (1 Viewer)

robbiethemole

£10,000 fine or 10 years if you break quarantine isn't it? Government say 10 days if positive

Happy_Martian

I'm sure the last time they called off, they were concerned about points deductions. While player and club health is paramount, if they're calling off because some of the team is injured, this has to be a reality now.

ccfc92

Must be a sizeable outbreak, we had to play when we were without McFadzean & Wilson remember.

Definitely needs to be some investigation into whether they're not following proper procedures for it to happen 3 times though.

Didn't Walker have it too?

cc84cov

They’ve just seen how sheff Wednesday took the piss with little risk & thought “the efl are mugs we will have some of that” 🤦🏻‍♂️🤣

BornSlippySkyBlue

If you have been informed that you are a contact of a person who has had a positive test result for COVID-19, you must stay at home and complete 10 full days isolation. Your isolation period includes the date of your last contact with them and the next 10 full days.

That whole first team played together on Weds night and a 10 day isolation means our game against them next Sat can’t go ahead?
The rules are so confusing that even a cursory google didn’t really answer my query, but I assume the requirement to isolate is if you are told to by Serco ;) Test and Trace due to being a ‘close contact’. A close contact is defined as someone who has spent more than 15 minutes within 2 metres of someone that subsequently tests positive (I think!). By that definition you could argue, and I’m sure the club did, that none of the -ve players were deemed ‘close contacts’ and therefore miraculously none of the other players who likely changed, trained and played with the +ve players will have to isolate and the gravy train rolls on with only a slight kink in track.

letsallsingtogether

The rules are so confusing that even a cursory google didn’t really answer my query, but I assume the requirement to isolate is if you are told to by Serco ;) Test and Trace due to being a ‘close contact’. A close contact is defined as someone who has spent more than 15 minutes within 2 metres of someone that subsequently tests positive (I think!). By that definition you could argue, and I’m sure the club did, that none of the -ve players were deemed ‘close contacts’ and therefore miraculously none of the other players who likely changed, trained and played with the +ve players will have to isolate and the gravy train rolls on with only a slight kink in track.
So if one person on the track at JLR has the virus do they close down the whole line and every subsequent line that has been in contact with any one off that line?
Me and my wife had the virus my work never closed down they all got tested ( they were all negative) we isolated for our 10 days and everything went back to normal.

Liquid Gold

So if one person on the track at JLR has the virus do they close down the whole line and every subsequent line that has been in contact with any one off that line?
Me and my wife had the virus my work never closed down they all got tested ( they were all negative) we isolated for our 10 days and everything went back to normal.
Hope you didn't get it too bad and are all good now.

BornSlippySkyBlue

Hope you’re both feeling better. As I said in my post it’s bloody confusing even if you look into it, so I don’t know for sure but imagine employees on a line or track will likely only be ‘close contacts’ with their immediate neighbours, so I guess they shouldn’t need to shut down an entire track so to speak.

Playing a game of football with someone wouldn’t make you a close contact I wouldn’t think, so assuming they are enforcing social distancing in changing rooms / training etc (to take it back to the thread) they shouldn’t all need to isolate — I wouldn’t think. But they will be being guided by the powers that be, so...

Sky Blue Harry H

Have you been spending a lot of time with Otis lately or something?

No, but oddly enough we discovered our STs for The Trillion were not too far apart, and i had promised to buy him a bag of sweets (don't ask!). but due to circumstances it never happened, so he is still incognito as far as I am concerned. Has that clarified things? :oops::unsure:

Liquid Gold

No, but oddly enough we discovered our STs for The Trillion were not too far apart, and i had promised to buy him a bag of sweets (don't ask!). but due to circumstances it never happened, so he is still incognito as far as I am concerned. Has that clarified things? :oops::unsure:
Now I'm slightly more engrossed. Please post an update to the platonic rom-com of the decade when there is one.

Magwitch1

If it’s seven Rotherham players with COVID they definitely won’t be able to play or train for 10 days which took the Luton game out depends when the 10 games start as to what happens with our game by my reckoning next Saturday could be the tenth day, so could they put fixture back to Sunday think that has been done before.

Sky Blue Harry H

Now I'm slightly more engrossed. Please post an update to the platonic rom-com of the decade when there is one.

It's a bit like like a gentle episode of Last of The Summer Wine - perhaps 'Last of The Summer Winegums'

robbiethemole

think the test were done after the last game on Weds during the twice a week tests, so 10 days on would be Sat 13th our game. Don't think much training will be done during the isolation period so they might be suffering still (I hope)

no_loyalty

If it’s seven Rotherham players with COVID they definitely won’t be able to play or train for 10 days which took the Luton game out depends when the 10 games start as to what happens with our game by my reckoning next Saturday could be the tenth day, so could they put fixture back to Sunday think that has been done before.

Thats a good shout moving it to the Sunday, it would also mean they would have to move their following fixture from the Tuesday to the Wednesday.

SkyblueTexan

Very suspicious about Rotherham having so many games postponed either due to COVID or frozen pitches. Could be bad luck, but there's talk on Twitter about the dodgy nature of all these postponements, some of which happened at the last minute. If their players are testing positive due to not following safety guidelines surely this needs to be investigated and penalised don't you think? Maybe a points deduction has even been suggested on Twitter.

ps1948

seriously, if it's a 10 day isolation period as required, they will have to postpone Luton and us next weekend as the games fall inside that window. They're gonna be fecked by the end of the season, I'd sooner have points than games in hand
Except for 84-85, with our games in hand after Norwich had finished......

Esoterica

Assuming our game goes ahead it will be 11 games in 45 days up to the end of April and still need to squeeze in Luton somewhere

Otis

😂

Speedies_Chips

Very suspicious about Rotherham having so many games postponed either due to COVID or frozen pitches. Could be bad luck, but there's talk on Twitter about the dodgy nature of all these postponements, some of which happened at the last minute. If their players are testing positive due to not following safety guidelines surely this needs to be investigated and penalised don't you think? Maybe a points deduction has even been suggested on Twitter.
Do you think things said on Twitter carry some sort of weight?

SkyblueTexan

Do you think things said on Twitter carry some sort of weight?
Not really, but it's a public platform for expressing one's thoughts and if enough people feel a certain way who knows if it may prompt a closer look at things. Just saying.

roth_dave2003

Perhaps Karanka would be better to get his own house in order. I can’t imagine the Birmingham fans will blame us if we stay up at their expense? He should do his talking on the field and worry about his own team. We won’t need any motivation when we play them next month. Does he seriously think that we would choose to postpone all these games? His comments were disrespectful to everyone who has suffered from this awful disease. Problem is a lot of people have no symptoms. Maybe he ought to have a reality check and speak with Steve Cotterill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AFCCOVENTRY

Perhaps Karanka would be better to get his own house in order. I can’t imagine the Birmingham fans will blame us if we stay up at their expense? He should do his talking on the field and worry about his own team. We won’t need any motivation when we play them next month. Does he seriously think that we would choose to postpone all these games? His comments were disrespectful to everyone who has suffered from this awful disease. Problem is a lot of people have no symptoms. Maybe he ought to have a reality check and speak with Steve Cotterill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Karanka has lost the plot to be honest. Most Blues fans hate him and are fed-up of his excuses.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

To be fair, he is bang on.
I did think this originally, but then I doubt the EFL would be hoodwinked this way. I’d imagine there’s all sorts of reporting going on.

on top of that, there will come a time when Rotherham are playing 2/3 games every week. Their squad is small

besides it didn’t do Sheff Weds any good nor millwall

Users who are viewing this thread