Rotherham v Brentford game off (3 Viewers)

SBT

Robins is a class act with this kind of stuff. Much more so than karanka

I mean, as a former Rotherham manager it would be weird if he went in on them. But what are you even supposed to say when your closest rivals become riddled with disease? Karanka's just an idiot for thinking it's some kind of grand conspiracy on Rotherham's part, which just shows how much he's lost touch with reality.

TomRad85

How on earth are Rotherham going to complete the season?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Paul Anthony

They're going to be playing a lot of catch up. Surely going to take a lot out of them? It's going to be a solid schedule they'll have to play.

Frostie

Absurd. 70 out of 72 EFL teams have no cases at all yet Rotherham are apparently riddled so have to postpone 3 fixtures.

roth_dave2003

I mean, as a former Rotherham manager it would be weird if he went in on them. But what are you even supposed to say when your closest rivals become riddled with disease? Karanka's just an idiot for thinking it's some kind of grand conspiracy on Rotherham's part, which just shows how much he's lost touch with reality.

Also as a player of course. Played in the same team as Warne between 2000-2003. As a goal scorer it was his most prolific spell in his career (44 goals in 107 games). 24 of those goals came in 2000-2001 when he formed a devastating partnership mainly with Alan Lee and Paul Warne that yielded 44 goals between them.
He was Manager between 2007-09 at a time when we went through an awful period in our history resulting in three different points deductions and having to move away from Millmoor, culminating in the infamous 17 point deduction for both ourselves and Bournemouth (Luton got -30 and were relegated)
We were actually in the promotion places when he left for Barnsley but to be fair our future was still uncertain.
Back to the present day, we were all bouncing after Wednesday night but then you know what happened next. Unfortunately although cases are dropping, there were spikes in South Yorkshire and you can be as careful as you want, but when people aren’t showing symptoms it is very difficult.
I think what Karanka did was a poor attempt to deflect from his own club, and, given the financial disparity between our clubs was never going to go down well even with his own supporters. “Mr Chairman we went down because Rotherham had COVID and they knew what they had to do”. I will be amazed if he is still in charge when we play them.

Personally as a fan since 1964 ( I actually saw Cov play us at Millmoor when Jimmy Hill was manager, Bobby Gould played and Dave Clements scored for you) I really don’t know how this will pan out and have no idea how we will get through to the end of the season, but I agree the season end date must be the same for all teams.
Us fans are just the same, just support different teams who want the best. Both been through difficult times but here we are and it would actually be good if we could stay up with you this year.
All we can do is support them whichever division we are in. Congratulations on your anticipated move back to Coventry and good luck for the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sky Blue Pete

Also as a player of course. Played in the same team as Warne between 2000-2003. As a goal scorer it was his most prolific spell in his career (44 goals in 107 games). 24 of those goals came in 2000-2001 when he formed a devastating partnership mainly with Alan Lee and Paul Warne that yielded 44 goals between them.
He was Manager between 2007-09 at a time when we went through an awful period in our history resulting in three different points deductions and having to move away from Millmoor, culminating in the infamous 17 point deduction for both ourselves and Bournemouth (Luton got -30 and were relegated)
We were actually in the promotion places when he left for Barnsley but to be fair our future was still uncertain.
Back to the present day, we were all bouncing after Wednesday night but then you know what happened next. Unfortunately although cases are dropping, there were spikes in South Yorkshire and you can be as careful as you want, but when people aren’t showing symptoms it is very difficult.
I think what Karanka did was a poor attempt to deflect from his own club, and, given the financial disparity between our clubs was never going to go down well even with his own supporters. “Mr Chairman we went down because Rotherham had COVID and they knew what they had to do”. I will be amazed if he is still in charge when we play them.

Personally as a fan since 1964 ( I actually saw Cov play us at Millmoor when Jimmy Hill was manager, Bobby Gould played and Dave Clements scored for you) I really don’t know how this will pan out and have no idea how we will get through to the end of the season, but I agree the season end date must be the same for all teams.
Us fans are just the same, just support different teams who want the best. Both been through difficult times but here we are and it would actually be good if we could stay up with you this year.
All we can do is support them whichever division we are in. Congratulations on your anticipated move back to Coventry and good luck for the future.

What’s going on matey how come so many games off

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Yeah karanka has lost the plot. Blaming us for the pitch and thinks you’re conspiring with Covid,

On another note, what are you guys doing to get this many breaches. It’s Quite alarming. I had you guys to stay up, but changing my mind considering you’ll be playing every 3 days in April

SBT

Aside from the obvious health issues at play (and I hope and assume everyone involved will recover), it's hard to see how this is anything other than a complete disaster for Rotherham in terms of their fight to stay up.

roth_dave2003

Sorry I had no idea about the game next Saturday. I was just posting my earlier piece. I don’t know anything else I am afraid but it has to be a serious breakout.

roth_dave2003

Yeah karanka has lost the plot. Blaming us for the pitch and thinks you’re conspiring with Covid,

On another note, what are you guys doing to get this many breaches. It’s Quite alarming. I had you guys to stay up, but changing my mind considering you’ll be playing every 3 days in April

It is a major worry that’s for sure. From a selfish viewpoint Saturday afternoon isn’t the same when we don’t play. There is no way we wanted this. The schedule will be crazy but it is what it is. On a serious note though, this could happen to anyone. This awful thing will be around for some time to come. It might inconvenience you but there are set protocols. On the other hand people are still dying so football and whatever league we are in is irrelevant in the greater scheme of things, and I say that as a lifelong Miller who kicks every ball when we play

Sky Blue Pete

It is a major worry that’s for sure. From a selfish viewpoint Saturday afternoon isn’t the same when we don’t play. There is no way we wanted this. The schedule will be crazy but it is what it is. On a serious note though, this could happen to anyone. This awful thing will be around for some time to come. It might inconvenience you but there are set protocols. On the other hand people are still dying so football and whatever league we are in is irrelevant in the greater scheme of things, and I say that as a lifelong Miller who kicks every ball when we play

Well said fella

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

It doesn’t inconvenience me. It is what it is. It’s just alarming that it’s happened a couple of times for you. I mean from our point of view we’d rather play - but on the flip side it gives more time for Godden to get back up to fitness, especially with you guys still to play

like I said. Did think you’d stay up, not so sure now. April is going to be a long slog for you guys.

Users who are viewing this thread