Match Thread Rotherham United FC - Coventry City Match Thread - Wednesday 25th Oct (1 Viewer)

stupot07

Not sure why Saka has been dropped but so good to see O'Hare back.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Jamesimus

Not sure why Saka has been dropped but so good to see O'Hare back.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

I imagine Robins plan is to utilise him in the second half against tired legs? Seemed to tire after 50 mins at the weekend, as good as he was

Bugsy

SBT

Just got here to the hotel and having first pint. We will win tonight, I have no doubt. Just over 5 hours to go. Better pace myself. I think Godden will get on the scoresheet tonight. I would love to think Hadji Wright will come good tonight, fingers crossed.
Is anyone else reading this post and hearing this music in the background?

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

it’s the O’Hare chant?
I feel silly now...
Dummy Feeling Dumb GIF

procdoc

I think Saka has been rested rather than dropped. Once Allen is back I think we will see Eccles rested more often, needs must at the moment

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Tats i don't think its anything to do with performance, its just fresh legs. Same as Eccles if Allen or Kelly were available Eccles would also be on the bench.

Plenty of games coming thick and fast, the squad will be needed.
Allen - possibly. Kelly - no.

steve101

Totally agree with Latibeudiere coming in for Thomas. Disappointed to see that Sakamota is dropped. I get that he tired in second half, but more reason to give him more game time. Ayari has only shown rare glimpses of quality. Hopefully he can be more impactful. I am not sure O'Hare will get any minutes. Probably enough to have him around the team.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Sakas been treated badly , hope there not rushing O’Hare back . Still good luck lads

Grendel

Tats i don't think its anything to do with performance, its just fresh legs. Same as Eccles if Allen or Kelly were available Eccles would also be on the bench.

Plenty of games coming thick and fast, the squad will be needed.

He only played an hour on Saturday why does he need a rest?

covcity4life

Saka didn't do anything bad but not sure he did anything to make him ubdroppable either. Don't mind see ayari being given a start. He's v talented I think

Jamesimus

He only played an hour on Saturday why does he need a rest?

Not match fit? Not played enough to do a Saturday game and then a midweek one? Still feeling the effects of the Bristol game? Lots of reasons.

I'm hoping it's because Robins has seen what he's capable of so wants him to come on at the business end of the game.

Either that or he's seen something in Ayari in training that we haven't really seen yet ...

Jamesimus

You dont get match fit without playing matches

But by the same token, by playing lots of matches in very quick succession creates a much bigger load on the body and risk of injury.

E.g. the best way to get match fit is to do what Robins is doing, if that's even his plan. He might not even come on now though 😂

Hertsccfc

Probably the biggest issue with our squad at the moment.
I'm sorry but that's ridiculous. Clearly our strikers hardly scoring any goals and being unable to hold onto the ball has been the biggest problem. Also having no consistent number 10 is a problem. Eccles has been playing well. Central midfield is not and has not been the problem this season.

Grendel

But by the same token, by playing lots of matches in very quick succession creates a much bigger load on the body and risk of injury.

He played an hour

Users who are viewing this thread