Rose Rumour (1 Viewer)

larry_david

Pask. Broke his ankle in pre season, came back and bossed a few under 23s, scored from wing back on his debut but traditionally a cb. @better days any further thought on Pask?

better days

Pask. Broke his ankle in pre season, came back and bossed a few under 23s, scored from wing back on his debut but traditionally a cb. @better days any further thought on Pask?
If the lad gets a run of games he will show his quality
He played much of his youth football as a forward so he's looking to get goals too
When he came the club said he could play RB or as a central defender but I won't be surprised if we try him as a holding midfielder at some point

junglej13

@better days you know much from the training ground about the thoughts on the development of Williams and Drysdale? The coaches have had a year or two to work with them now but the promotion may go against their chances of breaking through in the short term possibly. Would like to see both loaned out to League 1 or 2 next year.

rob9872

Don't forget Rose may well still be on L1 wages or a slight increase. Anyone we bring in will be more likely to want Championship level wages which could take up a big chunk out of the fee and leave us with nothing to reinvest in terms of fees.
His contract doubled on promotion. Standard clause.

cc84cov

I look at Pask he just looks like he’s built to play CDM to me can really seeing him become a proper holding midfielder moving forward he’s quick can pass & has an eye for a goal he reads the game well also,When I’ve seen him in under 23’s football he looks like a dad playing against under 10’s it’s effortless for him brilliant prospect I’m sure will go on to do very well for us.

rob9872

Because he’s older?! He’s 24! Sure, he’s older than McCallum, but it’s not exactly how price deflation works in football.
I think his points valid but not expressed well. At the difference in age there is so much more on terms of potential in Sam. Has all the attributes to turn into a Gareth Bale type who also stsrted as LB then left wing back.

better days

@better days you know much from the training ground about the thoughts on the development of Williams and Drysdale? The coaches have had a year or two to work with them now but the promotion may go against their chances of breaking through in the short term possibly. Would like to see both loaned out to League 1 or 2 next year.
Williams looked like he could be a player but seemed to go off the boil a bit and then picked up a nasty facial injury which kept him out for quite a period
Drysdale also picked up an injury that sidelined him for some months I believe
I reckon we might see them in pre season and EFL Trophy games to see how they've progressed

rob9872

I look at Pask he just looks like he’s built to play CDM to me can really seeing him become a proper holding midfielder moving forward he’s quick can pass & has an eye for a goal he reads the game well also,When I’ve seen him in under 23’s football he looks like a dad playing against under 10’s it’s effortless for him brilliant prospect I’m sure will go on to do very well for us.
I hope you're right. Looked good pre season snd U23 but ideally could have done with more L1 minutes before now stepping up again. May need a loan back to L1 until Christmas perhaps to get him sharp and experienced.

fernandopartridge

Williams looked like he could be a player but seemed to go off the boil a bit and then picked up a nasty facial injury which kept him out for quite a period
Drysdale also picked up an injury that sidelined him for some months I believe
I reckon we might see them in pre season and EFL Trophy games to see how they've progressed
We're not in the EFL trophy any more

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

rob9872

Thought we had established that this was unlikely to be the case...Think better days said very unlikely to have automatic wage increases in their contracts
And therefore its gospel?

robbiekeane

And therefore its gospel?
Calm down sausage.

Betterdays has shown on numerous occasions to have reliable information and more of a clue on what’s happening inside the club than the average user on here (much more than myself).

So I’d be more inclined to believe that it’s unlikely people have automatic clauses than you blurting out that all wages will double automatically on promotion...

rob9872

Calm down sausage.

Betterdays has shown on numerous occasions to have reliable information and more of a clue on what’s happening inside the club than the average user on here (much more than myself).

So I’d be more inclined to believe that it’s unlikely people have automatic clauses than you blurting out that all wages will double automatically on promotion...
Ok flower, if you say so.

How about if I 1) tell you that I 100% know it to be true, 2) tell you that the Leeds angle is a non story 3) advise that £2m is the max we'd see up front and 4) have a £50 bet with you or anyone else who wants to that Michael is still a City player in September.

Now get over yourself. You can have your opinion, but don't tell me mine is wrong.

Garryb80

How about if I 1) tell you that I 100% know it to be true, 2) tell you that the Leeds angle is a non story 3) advise that £2m is the max we'd see up front and 4) have a £50 bet with you or anyone else who wants to that Michael is still a City player in September.

Now get over yourself. You can have your opinion, but don't tell me mine is wrong.
Prove yours is 100% correct then before ranting at every one who doesn't believe you

rob9872

Prove yours is 100% correct then before ranting at every one who doesn't believe you
I don't think I need to since there's no evidence the other way to dispute what's taken as fact and I've only ranted as a response to telling me I didn't know which is not only disrespectful but inaccurate. I've also offered to put money where my mouth is.

robbiekeane

Jesus christ who's rattled your cage?

1) Great
2 3 and 4 are not really relevant to me as I haven't expressed an opinion on any of them? Are you confused? Also I started my post that replied to yours originally with "I thought"?

So are you still sticking to your statement that wages doubling is a "standard clause"?

Garryb80

I don't think I need to since there's no evidence the other way to dispute what's taken as fact and I've only ranted as a response to telling me I didn't know which is not only disrespectful but inaccurate. I've also offered to put money where my mouth is.
Well to argue something is 100% true then I suggest proof is needed. We don't know the response to you was inaccurate if you can't prove your own opinion is true.

Magwitch

Rose to Leeds ? They need to win promotion first and they have a record of imploding if they fail that there will be a number of Leeds players on the move.

rob9872

1) Great
2 3 and 4 are not really relevant to me as I haven't expressed an opinion on any of them? Are you confused? Also I started my post that replied to yours originally with "I thought"?

So are you still sticking to your statement that wages doubling is a "standard clause"?
Yes.
I can't say for all players as I've not seen the contracts or spoken with their agents, but for the majority and certainly almost all first team players it is. Unfortunately that means some of them who were on good L1 wages and may be less than average Championship players at best, will consume a big part of our limited budget.

rob9872

Well to argue something is 100% true then I suggest proof is needed. We don't know the response to you was inaccurate if you can't prove your own opinion is true.
He said we'd established it wasn't true based on an alternative posting that offers no evidence either but prepared to discount my statement. The only way to demonstrate as fact would be to share personal details on an open forum and I wouldn't do that even if I had access to them.

better days

1) Great

It's not worth rowing about but there is often a standard clause at clubs about performance bonuses being doubled if promotion is achieved
Although there might be the odd player who has a clause of their basic salary being doubled it's not standard
Normally the contract will say it will be renegotiated upon promotion
Or relegation

cc84cov

Rose to Leeds ? They need to win promotion first and they have a record of imploding if they fail that there will be a number of Leeds players on the move.
Why ? Even in the championship £3m is nothing to Leeds they can also blow us out of the water with wages not to mention playing infront of a massive crowd most weeks at Ellland road also he’s closer to home up there,if it’s true they want him and the money is correct he’s gone

Sky Blue Pete

Why ? Even in the championship £3m is nothing to Leeds they can also blow us out of the water with wages not to mention playing infront of a massive crowd most weeks at Ellland road also he’s closer to home up there,if it’s true they want him and the money is correct he’s gone
Yep completely agree which is why we need our club to continue to work brilliantly like with Wilson Maddison bayliss Stevenson and McCallum. An over the top few could make a massive massive difference to our club and team. Love Rose he’s possibly my favourite player this season, his passing is often sublime.

better days

Leeds also often have reps looking at all our teams
I suppose because of our recent record with young players

Users who are viewing this thread