Rose Rumour (1 Viewer)

Magwitch

Don’t know how true this rumour is but we are now a championship club and our players should command championship fees.
Hopefully just a rumour but we do sell a player most close seasons if we get a proper fee for Rose or anyone else for that matter and the manager gets a decent slice of it to invest that’s how football works.

Marty

Got to be worth about 10 mill. Potentially squeeze them for as they're near enough in the prem now.

Lord_Nampil

Isn’t this our model isn’t this how we work now...? Buy cheap and make profit on sales?? If Leeds want him they would need to pay big money for him, we just find the next Rose to replace him! Brentford have a very similar set up if it works as it works we won’t be far behind them soon!!

Colin Steins Smile

Hmmm, It's usually at this time of year that agents start posting stories as they attempt to renegotiate contracts for players. I think Rose deserves a new enhanced contract on a longer term.

larry_david

I'd imagine we will see contract extensions in the next few weeks. Happened after league 2 promotion so hopefully happens again.

Coronavirus has fucked up the market now but I can't imagine a club who are more than likely player prem football will be looking at Rose. I mean no disrespect he's clearly been a great signing and has excellent potential but Leeds can have their pick of established championship defenders if they want, would they go for a league 1 cb to join their prem survival team?

SAJ

Can’t believe between now and next season whenever it is there won’t be loads of these. Our model is identify good young talent give the opportunities and make a profit the repeat.
Did we miss Bayliss last season, no but for some we had gone backwards. This happens to virtually every club in the land. It’s how you reinvest that makes the difference. Saying that if he goes you would now expect good money in excess of £4 million+

jto123

EFL Zone now reporting it on Twitter. One of the few accounts I trust as reliable. Think he is on his way. The question is how much?

AFCCOVENTRY

Players will not be going this cheap. We are a Championship club. Only issue is he’s in his last year of his contract but I think we have another year in our favour?

SeaSeeEffCee

EFL Zone now reporting it on Twitter. One of the few accounts I trust as reliable. Think he is on his way. The question is how much?
EFL Zone literally just repost news from other places. They don’t have any sources, it’s just some guy running a news aggregation Twitter passing it off as their own news or making shit up.

hamil99

Facebook User
Purely from a footballing side, I can't see how we will replace him for 5 million. Even if we get another good defender in, he won't have the cohesion with Fadz and Hyam like Rose has. Do we really want to disrupt that the first year we are in the championship and likely to struggle? I could understand selling any other player, but not from the back 4 (GK, 3 CBS) thier understanding of each others game will be the backbone of us staying up.

David O'Day

Can see on social media, people discussing Willis to replace him.

Please, no.

Cov fans mate, if you used to play for us or come from Cov there will always be a cov fan who wants you to sign.

Willis is a double bonus for them

jto123

EFL Zone literally just repost news from other places. They don’t have any sources, it’s just some guy running a news aggregation Twitter passing it off as their own news or making shit up.

Fair enough, but they were the quickest in announcing the end of the league so thought they might have some reliability. Happy if I am wrong!

David O'Day

Fair enough, but they were the quickest in announcing the end of the league so thought they might have some reliability. Happy if I am wrong!

They didn't announce it, they reported someone else saying it.

They are a news aggregation feed i.e. they just repost other peoples stories.

Skybluefaz

Purely from a footballing side, I can't see how we will replace him for 5 million. Even if we get another good defender in, he won't have the cohesion with Fadz and Hyam like Rose has. Do we really want to disrupt that the first year we are in the championship and likely to struggle? I could understand selling any other player, but not from the back 4 (GK, 3 CBS) thier understanding of each others game will be the backbone of us staying up.
I'd be amazed if you knew who Michael Rose was before he signed for us. I didn't. Why don't you think the recruitment team could not replace him with another player who we may not be aware of?

lord_garrincha

You are right... I cannot see how they would replace him for 5 million... You would replace him for around a tenth of the price or less.

That's the benefits of good and well prepared scouting... bringing in players whose abilities are above their price tag... an example being... ooohh let me think... Michael Rose.

speedie87

He is the best centre half of the 3 and as pace and youth to player higher.

ask the question how much would he cost to buy someone of equal quality / age

larry_david

Regarding efl zone. They claim to be in the know, they are really quick at posting 'news' but they are just finding it out from othes and tweeting it. They tweeted about our potential signing putting a deposit down on a house in Kenilworth, that came from some bloke on twitter first.

What was telling was during the league 1/2 ending meetings they claimed they had insiders in the room but the first news that broke was from the forest Green chairman who tweeted, people then asked them about it and they did a tweet basically resayin what he said. They didn't know shit.

Anyway as for Rose knowing our contract system we'll almost certainly have another year and I imagine we'll be offering new contracts quite soon. Could be a long summer of transfer speculation and a team as good as ours, people will look but I hope it's only speculation

hamil99

Facebook User
I'd be amazed if you knew who Michael Rose was before he signed for us. I didn't. Why don't you think the recruitment team could not replace him with another player who we may not be aware of?

I see your point absolutely, and if we were staying in league 1 I would be less worried with the prospect of loosing him. But going up a league I feel it's the most important partnership to keep together. Staying up pays more than the 5 mill.

Reactions: vow

SlowerThanPlatt

These are the same type of sites who said Bayliss was going to Liverpool and McCallum to Man City. As usual it appears to be a story supplied by an agent to a site who will publish anything

rob9872

I like Rose, but he's a centre half who has never played above L1. Some of the figures suggested on here are ridiculous. Our entire budget next season will rise from around £2m to £6m and that includes wages. If we got £2m-3m for a defender and can re-invest on more creative options then it's good business. I'd trust the current scouts and management team to find a suitable replacement.

Gibbo

For years and years we have been a selling club in the lower leagues. I'm not expecting that to massively change, but now we are in the championship we should demand a bit more if good players have to go. That was one of our previous mistakes when we were in this league. I would demand 5 million.
Every club is a "selling club" bar the top 3 or 4. The only way we can survive is by selling one player a year for good money.

We have not done too badly lately - McNulty, Chaplin (at a profit), Bayliss and McCallum, all of whom were replaced by upgrades despite the wailing and nashing of teeth on here. I would prefer to hang on to Rose, as the consensus seems to be he is the best all rounder of the three centre backs and probably the quickest. But if Hamer is £1.5m, then a Rose replacement is affordable if we get a reasonable price. £5m is optimistic for a League 1 defender on the basis that McCallum went for a max of £3m only over time and Rose is a little older..

The successful clubs at our level buy cheap and sell dear and do it continuously season after season after season. Until the current regime, with a few exceptions, we have not. We actually need to do have more ins and outs to keep the club solvent.

Users who are viewing this thread