Rose Rumour (2 Viewers)

SkyBlueCRJ

To be fair, I don't think people are saying he is worth that, but that we want to get as much money as possible if we are going to sell one of our best centre backs. More about strategy then about genuine value.

Whether people genuinely believe he's worth that, or believe that's what the club should/would accept in the event that he was to be sold, the outcome is the same - it's sheer delusion.

Given the financial constraints all clubs are under due to Covid - including our own which people seem to be conveniently forgetting - if a bid came in from Leeds I think CCFC would probably accept a bid of £3-4M IMO in the current market. To suggest otherwise is nonsensical and isn't based on anything other than bias.

SeaSeeEffCee

If people expect us to suddenly be selling players for £10m they might be in for a bit of a rude awakening when the time comes

shmmeee

No player bigger than the club. Sell him for £5m+, bring in a couple of replacements, still got Williams, Pask, and Drysdale that might pay off.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

With respect, you are an absolute fucking idiot and I respect none of your opinions.
The brashness of this tickled me. On a serious note, if we get £8-10m for Rose it would be up there with the best bit of business anyone has ever done. That's not to say he's not an important cog in our defence, I think he's the most capable of adapting to the Championship next season, however £8-10m for a League One centre back who hasn't remotely been touted as one of our players' of the season is fairly laughable.

Bugsy

Apparently Leeds want Rose as their main CB with 2 lads called Thorn to play either side. Only repeating what I've heard.

Hope they leaf him with us....PUSB

(Cheesey as sorry)

Skybluefaz

£3m ??? Snap their hands clean off !!!
Some have suggested holding out for £10m. I am fully prepared to be wrong on my estimate of a good fee being around £3m. I just cannot see a player in the last year of his contract having never kicked a ball in anger in the Championship at 24 years old fetching £10m. Give him a new 3 year contract and a few months of dominating performances and in the January transfer window maybe you are looking nearer to that figure.

cooperskyblue

Leicester signed James Justin last summer for a reported £8m. I'm not saying we would get near that for Rose but we are now a championship club again so we can charge more than if we were still in league 1.

I would do everything to sign O'hare as a good year in the championship like Maddison had and prem teams would come calling and then you can charge big big money!

Really hope it is just rumour and that he stays!

fernandopartridge

Rose clearly has quality but £10m for a 24 year old, who I believe has 1 year left on his contract and has never played above L1??

I genuinely don't know whether to laugh or cry at the lack of basic common sense on this forum sometimes.
I think the joke is on you

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

Specs WT-R75

If people expect us to suddenly be selling players for £10m they might be in for a bit of a rude awakening when the time comes

I don't think he is worth 10m, but I think to be selling him we would need to be getting a bit more than 2-3m.

The average salary in the Championship is in excess of 10k, so to replace him is going to be costing us well over a million anyway, and if that's for a lower league player then it's still a gamble on someone unproven ... and if it is for someone proven then it will cost us far more than 10k a week.

We are also fortunate that we are not in a position where we need to sell players because our books will currently be balanced with the extra revenue from the Championship, so if teams want our players then they are going to need to pay a premium (again not 10m!)

Nonleagueherewecome

Apparently Leeds want Rose as their main CB with 2 lads called Thorn to play either side. Only repeating what I've heard.
They don't need him, Cooper would do. A Rose by any other name would smell as sweet...

Nonleagueherewecome

Seeing as the Bristol C fan on here the other day said "get ready for 5m fees for average players", I reckon we should hold out for around that. If there IS any truth in the rumour-it's probably just agent talk for a new contract as I don't see a newly promoted Prem side (and a big one in Leeds) going for someone who hasn't played at Championship level, good as Rose is.

mark82

Some have suggested holding out for £10m. I am fully prepared to be wrong on my estimate of a good fee being around £3m. I just cannot see a player in the last year of his contract having never kicked a ball in anger in the Championship at 24 years old fetching £10m. Give him a new 3 year contract and a few months of dominating performances and in the January transfer window maybe you are looking nearer to that figure.

Did he not sign a 3 year contract?

Limey

Smells of agent work to me...
Better deal or fabricating a move.
Leeds are prem-bound. They'll be looking higher up the chain despite how good we know Rose xould be.

Sky Blue Harry H

Leeds want Ayala, Leeds want Yoohoo, Leeds want Rose......Leeds want (get the idea). All the news agencies just cutting and pasting each others reports.

Gibbo

McCallum has gone to Norwich for c£3.5m, again without any experience above L1, so surely Rose should go for about the same or a bit more.
goes for less because a) he is older b) he is better than other players but not by as much as McCallum is

kg82

goes for less because a) he is older b) he is better than other players but not by as much as McCallum is
Because he’s older?! He’s 24! Sure, he’s older than McCallum, but it’s not exactly how price deflation works in football.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I like Rose, but he's a centre half who has never played above L1. Some of the figures suggested on here are ridiculous. Our entire budget next season will rise from around £2m to £6m and that includes wages. If we got £2m-3m for a defender and can re-invest on more creative options then it's good business. I'd trust the current scouts and management team to find a suitable replacement.

Don't forget Rose may well still be on L1 wages or a slight increase. Anyone we bring in will be more likely to want Championship level wages which could take up a big chunk out of the fee and leave us with nothing to reinvest in terms of fees.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I will be amazed if Robins hasn't identified a centre back he wants on a free or similar. He must have realised months ago that we could very well go up with the football we've been playing and performances all round. He knew several of our players would attract bids and if he thinks he can make a turn on it he will. He'll have a plan for Dabo too - it's just the way we seem to operate now.

It'd be foolish not to have some sort of plan/replacement identified for every position just in case.

Users who are viewing this thread