RoDs mrs.... (1 Viewer)

harvey098

But when you take a 'high profile' job you expect it. Its the business there in and you have to take it. Rightly or wrongly. Accpeted, as i've said on here before i wouldn't lose any sleep when that corrupt c-unit is 6ft under, in fact i'd dance on his grave.

You are a sick human. I would love nothing more for you to get sacked from whatever job you have. Unless BR did something pretty significant to you on a personal level your comments here can not be substantiated and am dissapointed in the admins for not removing this rediculas post already. I wish you every failure in life.

mattylad

ha ha she has locked her twitter profile down today and got rid of a load of followers...truth is she is just a w4nk bag for a shit excuse of a footballer!!

coundonskyblue

<p>
Yeah, nothing wrong with what she's said there.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>As much as I think sacking him was the right call, revelling in someone ending up unemployed is just wrong in my opinion.

Agree, we might have disagreed with some of his footballing decisions, but I think thorn as a person hasn't done a single thing to any of us.
<p>&nbsp;</p>

psgm1

Banned
If and lets say it is a MASSIVE IF the rumours of him being too drunk some days to coach are not groundless, then this would explain the complete lack of fitness, and why games were lost last season in the last 5-10 minutes.

The manager is ultimately responsible for ensuring the players are fit to play week in week out. He was PAID to do this! If he was neglecting his contractual duties, he should have been fired long ago.

Sadly, the fact that the team failed to hold on to leads 1 game in 3 last season, and threw away the lead 2 out of 3 times this season seem to imply there is some credence to this.

This makes it even more galling that he was only kept in place by the supposed suppoprt of the majority of fans implied by CWR's Stuart Linnell!

If its even vaguely true, then there are a lot of people should look at themselves. Through backing him, they may well have allowed Thorn to get the team relegated.

I for one wanted him out by christmas, and I have been saying so for months (to a lot of hostility I might add).

Thorn was a poor tactician, but to not even train daily - there is NO excuse for that. And why weren't the players training themselves. Purely they have a sense of professional pride!

1nilandwe...

Frankly this is taking a very pious stand on the issue. Football managers are in the public spotlight and as such will get praise, anger, mockery everything thrown at them. Many times this is beyond the pale but the stuff on here isn't Jeremy Kyle, it wouldn't even look controversial on Kilroy. Consider some of the other pre-twitter insults managers have had;

Turnip Taylor
Was it Taylor again whose face was a dartboard on a paper so could chuck darts at him
Dowie - the world's ugliest footballer (even more hideous than Luke Chadwick)
Get Robson Out Badges - free courtesy of The Sun

Even now many on here will go in a rage about the Ginger Dwarf, Monkey Face Reid - frankly what do you expect? If you want dignity and decorum a church service on Sunday is more appropriate than a football forum when a manager is dismissed.

All of these things listed above are not acceptable. Personal abuse, NOT criticism of tactics/technique/approach etc, but PERSONAL ABUSE is not and neither should it be acceptable in any medium.

Quite frankly, some of the things people say on here about actual people is shameful. They make me embarrassed to be a Coventry fan, a football fan and a human being in general.

This is not a dig at you or anybody in particular, but insults such as those you've listed really shouldn't have to be tolerated.

What makes things even more galling is that people seem to be more inclined to say things like this about people who are currently at their own clubs. Does anybody actually think that Thorn or RoD didn't try? Or didn't care? Sounds like absolute nonsense to me. If Strachan was your son, father, best friend, whatever, would it be acceptable for complete strangers to call him a ginger twat? I would hope that everyone would answer 'no' to that question.

Again, this is not a dig at you just because I've quoted your post, but I feel very strongly that taking an attitude such as one you have alluded to (i.e. people in the public eye should expect and tolerate what realistically amounts to bullying) really isn't acceptable.

Last edited:

Sick Boy

Why would 'skybluejack10' lie about it though?

It seems that something has been wrong within the squad for a while. Personal abuse against an individual is not nice, yet some of what has been said is not personal, surely it is professional criticism.

sky blue john

All this talk of Thorn being drunk and cancelling training has come from where ?

I'm presuming that these are made up lies with no evidence to help make the people who hounded him out of a job feel better !!!!!

1nilandwe...

Why would 'skybluejack10' lie about it though?

It seems that something has been wrong within the squad for a while. Personal abuse against an individual is not nice, yet some of what has been said is not personal, surely it is professional criticism.

Just for clarification, are you asking me why skybluejack10 would lie about it?

If so, then I would say, that I haven't accused anybody of lying. I can't think of a reason why he'd lie about it, so I'd probably give him the benefit of the doubt.

If you're talking to somebody else, I'll apologise and crawl back in my hole.

Sick Boy

Just for clarification, are you asking me why skybluejack10 would lie about it?

If so, then I would say, that I haven't accused anybody of lying. I can't think of a reason why he'd lie about it, so I'd probably give him the benefit of the doubt.

If you're talking to somebody else, I'll apologise and crawl back in my hole.

Apologies it was not addressed to you!!

Sick Boy

All this talk of Thorn being drunk and cancelling training has come from where ?

I'm presuming that these are made up lies with no evidence to help make the people who hounded him out of a job feel better !!!!!

Skybluejack claimed it was what he was told by Baker's wife. Jack has never been anti-Thorn, and I don't think he'd make it up.

Not long back from a festival and missed all the excitement. I bet it has been very amicable on here, little gloating or 'I told you so' as usual..? For whatever it is worth, I had a good 45 minute chat with ROD towards the beginning of last season and he couldn't speak highly enough of 'Thorny' (see, everyone adds the ubiquitous '...y'). I thought it a little unusual, in fact, for a bit part player. It seems like his Mrs. has used Twitter to gloat about Thorn's departure, as the pair of them have no doubt grown a little more dissatisfied with his professional lot. Hardly breaking news, no idea where these ideas of Thorn turning up pissed for training and cancelling it when people don't show up come from. We know that some on here have been repeatedly vocal on their knives being out for Thorn for some time, it is a little surprising that these stories haven't done the rounds sooner.

For what it is worth, I think it is too soon to sack a manager who brings in nine new players in the close season and oversees three League games at the start of the next (although I was away for the Burnley match, as I say). Will I be proved right or wrong? Surprisingly enough, I couldn't give a solitary shit, the only important factor for me is the Club get the right man and we challenge for promotion. Coventry City fan, not die hard Andy Thorn employment advocate (as hard as it may be to make the distinction).

Users who are viewing this thread