Transfer Rumour Rocky Bushiri (1 Viewer)

edgy

Just my take on Rocky from what I saw on Saturday.

Barring one error, he was up there with our better performers on Saturday. He's a unit, quick and commanding. Enjoyed how he immediately he was vocal in a new team, giving out instruction/praise/bollocking when needed. Passed the ball well, always wanted the ball too.

If that's him half fit, I'd happily take a punt on him. I think Robins played him down significantly.

djr8369

Well if Robins wanted him back surely he would have at least enquired?
I’m sure MR was quoted in the tele saying Ostigard knows we want him if it’s a possibility to let the club know. He then said Ostigard seems to be exploring other options.

better days

I’m sure MR was quoted in the tele saying Ostigard knows we want him if it’s a possibility to let the club know. He then said Ostigard seems to be exploring other options.
The way it normally works is that we would approach his agent informally to see if he was interested in coming back
If the agent gave the green light we would them officially approach Brighton to negotiate

slowpoke

Barring one error, he was up there with our better performers on Saturday. He's a unit, quick and commanding. Enjoyed how he immediately he was vocal in a new team, giving out instruction/praise/bollocking when needed. Passed the ball well, always wanted the ball too.

If that's him half fit, I'd happily take a punt on him. I think Robins played him down significantly.
I thought that of Rocky too the way he barked orders about from the beginning suggests to me he could have been around the squad a while, if he joins he will need a bit of time to get up to speed but there looks to be a prospect there and then if Ostigard happens we could have a mean and lean defence then add the experienced Martin Cranie as back up we’d be sorted imo.

Tea & Busquets

I thought that of Rocky too the way he barked orders about from the beginning suggests to me he could have been around the squad a while, if he joins he will need a bit of time to get up to speed but there looks to be a prospect there and then if Ostigard happens we could have a mean and lean defence then add the experienced Martin Cranie as back up we’d be sorted imo.
3 centre halfs? i reckon two is enough given MR only wants 4 signings

better days

He'd been training with us in the week before the game

slowpoke

If Cranie happens it will be as experience cover for several positions and Ostigard looks 50/50 we have the three main men Rose, McFadz and Hyam, not writing him off but McFadz looked well off the pace Saturday, you never know one might be off loaded if he gets others in.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I reckon he was just shouting to the bench to make sure they were watching him

giphy.gif

Tea & Busquets

This is only in regards to our CB situation, no other position. That being said, Panzo would be our Osti replacement and versatile back who can play at LB if need be. Lees would be our championship veteran who can play LCB. Bushiri for rotation and could develop as a potential starter in the coming year. Cranie is an unambitious signing, another Fadz who is decent and reliable but is going down in quality fast. We have other cover from the u23s anyway such as Burroughs. Thoughts?

Frostie

fuckin hell mate forget what i said, i’d happily take cranie. not sure how true this is could be rubbish but lees is on 22k as opposed to cranie’s 5 or so k.

Aye, obviously he won't get anywhere near that again but even at half that he'd likely be our highest paid player. He's been poor in each of the last 3 seasons & is really uncomfortable in possession - just wouldn't fit our style at all.

Tea & Busquets

Aye, obviously he won't get anywhere near that again but even at half that he'd likely be our highest paid player. He's been poor in each of the last 3 seasons & is really uncomfortable in possession - just wouldn't fit our style at all.
agreed, i think we do need a no nonsense central defender who can tackle and head, that is lees, but at the same time he looks quite nervous with the ball whenever i’ve seen him.

Irish Sky Blue

If Cranie happens it will be as experience cover for several positions and Ostigard looks 50/50 we have the three main men Rose, McFadz and Hyam, not writing him off but McFadz looked well off the pace Saturday, you never know one might be off loaded if he gets others in.
All a matter of opinion but I thought McFadz played well when he came on.

fatso

fuckin hell mate forget what i said, i’d happily take cranie. not sure how true this is could be rubbish but lees is on 22k as opposed to cranie’s 5 or so k.
Is or was ?
He may of been on £22k but if hes now out of contract he's on the dole, and the dole doesnt pay anything like £22k
What players where earning in the past is totally irrelevant. He will play for whatever he can get, or he wont play, simples.

Ccfcisparks

Is or was ?
He may of been on £22k but if hes now out of contract he's on the dole, and the dole doesnt pay anything like £22k
What players where earning in the past is totally irrelevant. He will play for whatever he can get, or he wont play, simples.
That’s right we can get him for a couple of K and a pack of haribos

COV

Is or was ?

I'm reasonably sure that the vast majority of football players don't need to find work immediately when they don't have a club, they can afford to wait for an offer that suits them. Its not irrelevant what he earned in the past, if the guy is absolutely minted then he doesn't need to jump at the first offer he gets.

Ccfcisparks

I'm reasonably sure that the vast majority of football players don't need to find work immediately when they don't have a club, they can afford to wait for an offer that suits them. Its not irrelevant what he earned in the past, if the guy is absolutely minted then he doesn't need to jump at the first offer he gets.
The guy has earnt near £7m over his contract at Sheff W, and people think hes that desperate for cash he would join on a 5th of that. I'm sure hes enjoying his break.

fatso

But the point is, at their age, they need to be playing, if they arnt, then come january, their careers are over. I'm sure they dont need the cash, but they do need the games.

With less than 2 weeks to go, it doesnt appear that there's a queue of clubs banging at their door offering big money contracts.
So its play for what your offered, or retire.
Many of these old heads want some kind of player coach roll for a few months, to give them the experience on their cv, as they look to stay in the game after retirement.

COV

But the point is, at their age, they need to be playing, if they arnt, then come january, their careers are over. I'm sure they dont need the cash, but they do need the games.

With less than 2 weeks to go, it doesnt appear that there's a queue of clubs banging at their door offering big money contracts.
So its play for what your offered, or retire.
Many of these old heads want some kind of player coach roll for a few months, to give them the experience on their cv, as they look to stay in the game after retirement.

Not true, look at how desperate we are- there is an argument to say that they should sit back a bit and wait for the offers (which will come), that way they hold all the cards in negotiating instead of just jumping in.

If a team gets hammered in the first few games and the window is still open, a player is going to be able to demand more than if they negotiate now- pressure will have well & truly kicked in- we've done it ourselves with extravagant late deals for inflated prices & wages fuelled by desperation to 'just sign someone'- Kevin Kyle & Leon McKenzie were examples

fatso

Not true, look at how desperate we are- there is an argument to say that they should sit back a bit and wait for the offers (which will come), that way they hold all the cards in negotiating instead of just jumping in.

If a team gets hammered in the first few games and the window is still open, a player is going to be able to demand more than if they negotiate now- pressure will have well & truly kicked in- we've done it ourselves with extravagant late deals for inflated prices & wages fuelled by desperation to 'sign someone'.
But who wants a mid 30's has been who's not had a pre season? If they leave it too long, then young premier league loans will be the way to go, along with fringe players who havnt made the cut.

Frostie

A lot of the out of contract Wednesday players are still owed money by the club, they won't move until that's sorted out which I assume will be at the end of the month. Not that I would want any of them anyway.

Liquid Gold

I was impressed by Bushiri on Saturday. Looked a decent player, tall and athletic but also good on the ball.

Drysdale was by far the poorest performer in the backline.

fatso

I was impressed by Bushiri on Saturday. Looked a decent player, tall and athletic but also good on the ball.

Drysdale was by far the poorest performer in the backline.
Drysdale seems to have gone backwards in the last 12 months, he was looking really good last pre season, and was very highly rated, those 2 loan moves couldnt of done him any good.
Such a pity, he should be pressing for a start by now, instead we are looking to loan younger lads in his position. What went wrong?

larry_david

Drysdale seems to have gone backwards in the last 12 months, he was looking really good last pre season, and was very highly rated, those 2 loan moves couldnt of done him any good.
Such a pity, he should be pressing for a start by now, instead we are looking to loan younger lads in his position. What went wrong?
Or you know, he had a bad 60 mins in his first match back since covid after the end of season break. Nah you're right let's bin him

Users who are viewing this thread